Tennessee AD Danny White congratulates Greene

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, TigerHorn said:

Coming from a former Duke AD. You know, that same place where the lacrosse incident happened. They have no room to critique anyone. 

Also of note, this guy's son is AD at Tennessee, and was Green's mentor. 

You mean the lacrosse incident where nothing happened? Lmao fakest story ever 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

How many threads does the AD leaving need? Mods?

I'm thinking 7. How many do you feel is adequate?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

How many threads does the AD leaving need? Mods?

theworldmayneverknow-idk.gif

2 hours ago, DAG said:

“For him not to get another few years to make things right is discouraging in my eyes,” Thomas added in a second tweet. “I was just getting to know this man and he has left an impression on me that will last forever. He cares about Auburn University and I wish him well in the future.”

Just getting to know him? A few more years to make things right? He's been here 56 months. He is ready to leave Auburn and Auburn is ready for him to leave. 

He was getting non-renewed and got out ahead of it. He's had years to figure it out. 

I hope Frank gets to know him better over the next 5 years since he barely knows him now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm thinking 7. How many do you feel is adequate?

Oh why the heck not. Let's double down and say 14. We've got plenty of time till games actually start.

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TigerHorn said:

Apparently he wasn't charismatic or likable at AU. He also had too many missteps to call him successful. 

I'm waiting.... lets hear them

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Let's just be completely honest; if Allen Greene isn't a minority, there isn't a story.

How about this, how many minority would have been shot and killed on January 6 2020 ?

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

I'm namely referring to the fact that we're the only two teams that have to play UAT and UGA every year. But god forbid we get rid of TraditionTM.

I see your point of view, but up until the last 10 to 15  years, the UGA/AU rivalry was very even. And during the Tubberville years where we won six in a row, we weren’t complaining. There’s no conspiracy at play, only our two biggest rivals aren’t politically controlled like AU. Auburn has never been able to get out of its own way and anyone that’s old enough, knows this dated back to arguably our greatest coach ever in Dye. It’s a very different game now and we as a University in the best conference in all of college football, can’t get out of our own way. Until massive changes happen, we are a middling team that shocks the CFA every so many years, but is not a consistent power team. I read what everyone says about Goodman’s articles but even a HOF like Frank Thomas is embarrassed, that’s just bad. Of course I support Harsin, because I believe in his vision, but then again I’m no major alumni, which are the real ones ruining the school. Too much meddling. 

17 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I see your point of view, but up until the last 10 to 15  years, the UGA/AU rivalry was very even. And during the Tubberville years where we won six in a row, we weren’t complaining. There’s no conspiracy at play, only our two biggest rivals aren’t politically controlled like AU. Auburn has never been able to get out of its own way and anyone that’s old enough, knows this dated back to arguably our greatest coach ever in Dye. It’s a very different game now and we as a University in the best conference in all of college football, can’t get out of our own way. Until massive changes happen, we are a middling team that shocks the CFA every so many years, but is not a consistent power team. I read what everyone says about Goodman’s articles but even a HOF like Frank Thomas is embarrassed, that’s just bad. Of course I support Harsin, because I believe in his vision, but then again I’m no major alumni, which are the real ones ruining the school. Too much meddling. 

Six years is very, VERY different from fifteen. It's all about outlook, and I'm 99% sure Alabama wins at least the next ten over Tennessee and Georgia wins at least the next ten over us. Really, I'm not entirely sure we ever see a Tennessee victory over Alabama nor an Auburn victory over Georgia in our lifetimes. I don't care what was good for us back in the day, I care what's good for us now and in the future, and if I had it my way those rivalries would no longer happen every year in the expanded SEC. Playing them is completely useless at this point because we know what's going to happen and I'm just sick to death of it!

But if our boosters really are so uniquely terrible, the ultimate question is WHY? It also just doesn't make sense that the same boosters who are out to destroy the football program are supporting the basketball program in lockstep.

Edited by AUwent

18 minutes ago, AUwent said:

But if our boosters really are so uniquely terrible, the ultimate question is WHY? It also just doesn't make sense that the same boosters who are out to destroy the football program are supporting the basketball program in lockstep.

Here's my thought: Every time something turns to crap for Auburn a bunch of fans point and whine about boosters. These people put a lot of money in and don't have near as much power as some paranoid fans seem to think. The big money boys want AU to win games too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Here's my thought: Every time something turns to crap for Auburn a bunch of fans point and whine about boosters. These people put a lot of money in and don't have near as much power as some paranoid fans seem to think. The big money boys want AU to win games too.

Then I wish they’d find that line between “boosting” and “controlling.” 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Then I wish they’d find that line between “boosting” and “controlling.” 

What are they controlling? There's no evidence that I've seen. Most of what I've seen constitutes conspiracy theory level comments. Do they express opinions? Probably, I'd express an opinion to were I a big contributor but I don't think the boogy-man boosters do anywhere near the damage they get blamed for.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, eaglenest said:

How about this, how many minority would have been shot and killed on January 6 2020 ?

Is this some kind of riddle?

Edited by nurbis
part of post should not have been added

12 hours ago, woodford said:

You mean the lacrosse incident where nothing happened? Lmao fakest story ever 

Yeah, the place where the District Attorney fabricated and ignored evidence to ruin the lives of 3 young men and disgraced a program. A DA who also then lost his License. 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Yeah, the place where the District Attorney fabricated and ignored evidence to ruin the lives of 3 young men and disgraced a program. A DA who also then lost his License. 

Well AUwent you can face palm all you want but feel free to watch ESPN 30 for 30 entitled “Fantastic Lies” and everthing I said above is true!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Let's just be completely honest; if Allen Greene isn't a minority, there isn't a story.

I disagree there. Just as I stated to Cole in another thread, bringing race into this is wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

12 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I disagree there. Just as I stated to Cole in another thread, bringing race into this is wrong. 

I'm talking about the media, not AG's race. 

On 8/27/2022 at 10:46 PM, eaglenest said:

I'm waiting.... lets hear them

No, you're not waiting. You'd have to have been living under a rock to have missed his multiple interviews with other universities (NONE of which hired him - tell you anything?), the mess he made with ham-handed budget cuts, etc. The only thing you were waiting on was to find an excuse to use that chip on your shoulder.