QUESTION: What did the Loan Debt Trans-ferrence do to lower tuition costs?

DKW 86

I am assuming that at least 2-3 on here will be honest enough to actually admit that the problem with tuition is cost and increases way outpacing inflation. The debts are a symptom of the real problem. So exactly how did throwing this money at wealthier, educated people actually help LOWER TUITION COSTS?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I am assuming that at least 2-3 on here will be honest enough to actually admit that the problem with tuition is cost and increases way outpacing inflation. The debts are a symptom of the real problem. So exactly how did throwing this money at wealthier, educated people actually help LOWER TUITION COSTS?

i have no idea bro i went  to JR College. i need three classes to graduate but rock and roll called...................

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

...Seems this sorta set off an endless cycle.  I can't imagine future graduates would find it fair for them to have to pay their tuition.....not sure what sorta can of worms this opened up here 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

...Seems this sorta set off an endless cycle.  I can't imagine future graduates would find it fair for them to have to pay their tuition.....not sure what sorta can of worms this opened up here 

Good point.  Perhaps it will force congress to:

A.  Find ways to lower tuition costs

B.  Return to subsidizing higher education

C.  All of the above

• Like 1

9 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Good point.  Perhaps it will force congress to:

C.  All of the above

ichy, if they were going t fix tuition costs they would have done it with this bill.

It isnt even on the radar. Never was. never will be.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

A follows B. The reason costs have grown faster than inflation is because we decided we'd rather subsidize the cost of education rather than education itself. It's created a sort of positive feedback loop as universities went into an arms race. 

• Like 2