10 Wins?

AUinMS9528

23 hours ago, Mikey said:

The hand-picked QB from the portal is currently running 3rd string.

When someone can tell him to stop skiing on a lake is when he will start.  

On 8/25/2022 at 10:21 AM, bigbird said:

Your continued support is noted.

Why is that comment making you mad? It's the truth. And you said 7 wins.....so what's the deal? You aren't on the 10 wins train either.

Nobody on earth is a bigger Auburn fan than me.....and I agree that better coaching decisions are crucial for Auburn in 2022.   Based off the 2021 season there's more than enough reason for concern.  Harsin has to earn the confidence of most fans because he screwed up in 2021. That's on him. He was responsible for that mess. Everybody hopes he can do it but the uncertainty is justified. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

If we win 10 games, Harsin will win coach of the year. Unfortunately, I don’t see 10 wins in our schedule. Expecting 5 to 8. Hope I’m wrong. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 11:07 PM, Mikey said:

Gus did some very good things at Auburn. He also made some mistakes  Harsin got his mistakes in ahead of accomplishing anything good. Therein lies the difference.

So, you're saying it's smooth sailing from here on out?   

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

So, you're saying it's smooth sailing from here on out?   

How did you draw that conclusion? Harsin has yet to accomplish anything measurable. Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Why should CBH have to prove himself for your support when it was so freely given previously.

The previous coach earned support with positive accomplishments. To date the only positive accomplishment by Harsin has hiring Ike Hillyard. That ain't much for 20 months on the job.

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

If we win 10 games, Harsin will win coach of the year. Unfortunately, I don’t see 10 wins in our schedule. Expecting 5-8. Hope I’m wrong. 

It'll be 5-7, since five wins won't get us into a bowl game. But, that 5-7 is pretty much what I'm expecting. Hoping for better but not expecting it.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

To date the only positive accomplishment by Harsin has hiring Ike Hillyard

Psst...You're intentional blindness is showing.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Psst...You're intentional blindness is showing.

There is no blindness. There is simply nothing positive to look at. Losing season, sub-par recruiting, bad PR, can't find a QB. Probably ran off the two best QB's he had, Nix and D. Davis. Remember Newman's line in that movie: "Show me the money"? There has been no money to see.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

There is no blindness. There is simply nothing positive to look at.

No, you just choose to ignore any remotely positive information. That's intentional blindness. 

You want to see improvement, but instead of supporting him until he actually has an opportunity to show you any on-field improvement, you take every opportunity to tear him and the program down. Acting like a petulant child crying, "I want it now"! That's some support.

Y'all act like we don't see it, y'all act like we don't know who is perpetuating the passive aggressive attacks, and y'all act like we have to take your terrible assessments and perspectives as our own. We don't.  Your support the last 20 months for AU's football program and it's HC has been beyond absent and is a very bad look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2022 at 10:29 PM, toddc said:

Average: 64.5% completion, 2,660 yards, 21 TDs, 6 INTs, 179 carries, 898 yards, 12 TDs

Unless practice reports are really wrong, we aren't getting close to this 

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

It'll be 5-7, since five wins won't get us into a bowl game. But, that 5-7 is pretty much what I'm expecting. Hoping for better but not expecting it.

5-8 wins, not record 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

How did you draw that conclusion? Harsin has yet to accomplish anything measurable. Maybe he will, maybe he won't.

I count 2 quantifiable positives during his tenure:

Beat LSU in BR.

Established a culture of discipline/accountability within the program (I would bet could be verified with participation reports and S&C records).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I count 2 quantifiable positives during his tenure:

Beat LSU in BR.

Established a culture of discipline/accountability within the program (I would bet could be verified with participation reports and S&C records).

Beating LSU in BR was nice but to me it's balanced out by losing to MSU in Auburn.

We've been told about that culture change. So far it's resulted in Auburn's first losing season in eight years. Let's hope it pays off this coming season.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Your support the last 20 months for AU's football program and it's HC has been beyond absent and is a very bad look.

18 months on the head coach. I was hopeful about him until the February 2021 signing class was announced. Then I started having concerns.

Then there's the known fact that it took him over a year to realize that other SEC schools were sending assistant coaches to visit high schools and it might be a good idea if Auburn did that too.

I always support all Auburn programs. One doesn't have to support the coaching staff to support the program. Can I say that you didn't support the program all the time that you weren't supporting the previous staff?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Can I say that you didn't support the program all the time that you weren't supporting the previous staff?

You routinely did...to all of us. The difference is we all gave Gus 100% support, patience, and time before we determined Gus wasn't right for the job. Your group, the exact opposite. Not a single point where CBH has been supported.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You routinely did...to all of us. The difference is we all gave Gus 100% support, patience, and time before we determined Gus wasn't right for the job. Your group, the exact opposite. Not a single point where CBH has been supported.

I won't speak for others. If I have a group I don't know who is in it.

Gus did some positive things and won games early on to earn support. Of course he got universal support. Harsin needs to win some significant games to earn support.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I won't speak for others. If I have a group I don't know who is in it.

Gus did some positive things and won games early on to earn support. Of course he got universal support. Harsin needs to win some significant games to earn support.

Your support is noted

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, aubaseball said:

When someone can tell him to stop skiing on a lake is when he will start.  

Is that how he got the supposed freak injury?

17 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Why is that comment making you mad? It's the truth. And you said 7 wins.....so what's the deal? You aren't on the 10 wins train either.

Nobody on earth is a bigger Auburn fan than me.....and I agree that better coaching decisions are crucial for Auburn in 2022.   Based off the 2021 season there's more than enough reason for concern.  Harsin has to earn the confidence of most fans because he screwed up in 2021. That's on him. He was responsible for that mess. Everybody hopes he can do it but the uncertainty is justified. 

1A78FE3D-3D10-4E62-B353-3EDA15C2F61B.gif.14fca1c391dcb81c21f58faee92c7656.gif

Ugh. She’s back posting in the football forum…. It’s been a good offseason, we had a long run of minimal TB…

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 3

7 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

What a wonderfully pointless and petty discussion!

We should all be proud of this.

I’m always proud to be in a petty discussion with you 😉

• Haha 1