Al.con Pet Peeve

AUght2win

They generally post anything that mentions AU football in it and in this case Plumlee was directly referencing Nick Marshall which made it classify under AU football I guess. 

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

They generally post anything that mentions AU football in it and in this case Plumlee was directly referencing Nick Marshall which made it classify under AU football I guess. 

I get the logic. But I disagree with the logic. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, AUght2win said:

FA1F6105-1587-462F-A7CD-E2BF3AA0B1D3.thumb.jpeg.f856826d2585bec151ee79f219408e6d.jpeg

Top headline for “Auburn Football” on Al.com right now. A few days ago it was a story about Malzahn holding a dance party for his staff at UCF.

This has ZERO to do with Auburn football. Sometimes I wonder if the biggest media conglomerate in the state is just running a long-con joke by covering our team as bad as humanly possible. 

Yes, it’s a bammer website. They hate Auburn. Al.com, Finebaum when he was in Birmingham, etc all have the easiest jobs in the world. Cover CFB in a CFB obsessed state. No matter what happens, Alabama is good or Auburn is good or either are bad, you win because people will click. 

Al.com is like the bad step child of the AJC. 

• Like 5

Those guys go out of their way to make Auburn look bad. 3 or 4 years ago there was a defensive tackle I believe, who left uga under physical abuse of his gf charges, again I believe. The headline read Auburn contacts or recruits physical abuse charged uga player. He signed with bamr. Not a word though, from al.com about the charges in that particularly headline.

• Like 3

Yes, al.con (appropriately spelled in the OP) is a Dennis Miller joke!

They have always had a pro-bama/anti-Auburn bias.   It doesn’t make sense.   Most bama fans have to go to the public library to get online.   And most of them don’t know where the public library is located.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

This is may back fire on Gus if not careful Mikey Keene last years starter actually played really well.

Let me guess? This guy has some speed on him? I thought he was a WR?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Started at the QB position before Corral took the job in 2020. Great athlete. Wants to play QB.

I may be in the minority but this really doesn't bug me.  They have been doing this for a long time keeping tabs on our former coaches.  They still publish articles on Chizik and Tubberville and it's nice every once in a while to read about what they are up to.  It just happened that this was the most recent article they published when you opened the app, which is why it was at the top.  For example, if you open it now the top article is about all five of our OL getting a NIL deal with Hooters.

• Like 4

Bias by Bamaham media (& journalist wannabes like Al. Com) against Auburn is as old as the AU/UA rivalry. There's little doubt floaters like Thalmel & shock jocks like Forde and BSPN receive some sort of kickbacks from Bama funders - their stories are SO irresponsible and otherwise make SO little sense.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Yes, al.con (appropriately spelled in the OP) is a Dennis Miller joke!

They have always had a pro-bama/anti-Auburn bias.   It doesn’t make sense.   Most bama fans have to go to the public library to get online.   And most of them don’t know where the public library is located.  

Ever notice how whenever we lose out on a recruit it's always a headline story in the sports section on al.com?  "Auburn Loses Out on Recruit," but crickets when a recruit chooses another school that bammer was recruiting?

It's comical how slanted towards bammer they are.

13 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Started at the QB position before Corral took the job in 2020. Great athlete. Wants to play QB.

Plumlee isn't scared and he has the speed and elusiveness Gus will be salivating over, he should do well in Gus' system.  JMHO

• Like 5

My biggest pet-peeve about that site is that people actually get paid to produce "content".

55 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Plumlee isn't scared and he has the speed and elusiveness Gus will be salivating over, he should do well in Gus' system.  JMHO

Plumlee is a crazy athlete.  He'll make UCF look like Auburn with Nick Marshall (on offense), and certain Auburn fans will continually bring Gus' record up at UCF.

Plumlee is that fast...just not the best arm/decision maker.  Unfortunately for him, he won't learn anything new under Gus...except maybe some bad habits.  If UCF has a top 50 defense, they will flirt with a big bowl.  Otherwise, it'll be a shootout every game for them.

1 hour ago, auelvis87 said:

Ever notice how whenever we lose out on a recruit it's always a headline story in the sports section on al.com?  "Auburn Loses Out on Recruit," but crickets when a recruit chooses another school that bammer was recruiting?

It's comical how slanted towards bammer they are.

Life Finebaum...I just stopped giving them my time.  They offer zero additional information you can't find here.  

• Like 3

Doesn't surprise me about former 4* Plumlee. Gus almost signed him out of HS but we had Nix and Gus really wanted Plumlee at WR, as did most programs. Ole Miss had an opening for a QB, but then Corral transferred in. They alternated for a while, but MC was the better passer and eventually won the job.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I may be in the minority but this really doesn't bug me.  They have been doing this for a long time keeping tabs on our former coaches.  They still publish articles on Chizik and Tubberville and it's nice every once in a while to read about what they are up to.  It just happened that this was the most recent article they published when you opened the app, which is why it was at the top.  For example, if you open it now the top article is about all five of our OL getting a NIL deal with Hooters.

I understand how news feeds work.

I don’t understand why I’m getting UCF stories weekly - especially with such big news like who they named as starting QB and their coaches dancing at team meetings.

35 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

My biggest pet- pevee with al.com is that their stories always wind up here. 

I post as many articles as anyone on here and I’ve never felt the need to post al. Com. Better content and writing at too many others.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, DAG said:

I think when they settled on Corral they played him some there.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, abw0004 said:

For example, if you open it now the top article is about all five of our OL getting a NIL deal with Hooters.

Now you can tell your wife, "I just go there to support student athletes."

• Love 2
  • Haha 4