SEC coaches speak anonymously about Opponents

Didba

Auburn 

"Does anyone remember that if the running back doesn't go out of bounds that they beat Alabama? Does anyone remember that they led most of the game? Nobody turns down SEC coaching jobs, but that place is absolutely schizophrenic."

"As far as the football, they need a quarterback, they need a much better offensive line, they need to replace a ton of guys in the secondary and receiving corps, and they've bled a lot of Gus Malzahn's guys in the portal because of all the off-field stuff. Is it a lost cause? Maybe not. They're creative on offense."

"[Derek] Mason leaving let Bryan Harsin promote another one of his guys up to DC. Not sure if that helps or hurts, but it probably gives him more peace of mind."

"They won't settle on a starting quarterback until the very end. That's how he runs it. They'll have a wide-open race all through the summer and keep everyone involved as much as possible; then they'll lock in and try not to swap them once the season starts, unless someone's injured."

"You could argue a lot of the wounds they're nursing are self-inflicted by both the head coach and the people around the program. It certainly drove coaches and players out of the program, and it absolutely made it easier to recruit against them."

"The upside is that you can't say Hars doesn't understand the league anymore. If he survives this, it will be the greatest trial by fire ever."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I could almost guess who each of these coaches are. 

• Like 2

Auburn 

Nobody turns down SEC coaching jobs, but that place is absolutely schizophrenic."

"You could argue a lot of the wounds they're nursing are self-inflicted by both the head coach and the people around the program. It certainly drove coaches and players out of the program, and it absolutely made it easier to recruit against them."

"

The 2 bolded stick out the most to me. These coaches see everything that we see. They know coaching at Auburn is crazy from the schedule every year to the weird behind the scenes stuff

I could almost guess who each of these coaches are. 

Kirby

Edited by Sizzle
  • Like 2

To me it is soft as hell to talk anonymously. 

You got to stand on what you say - Draymond Green

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

To me it is soft as hell to talk anonymously. 

You got to stand on what you say - Draymond Green

Agreed. I doubt these were any head coaches either.  More than likely some way down the chain assistant they may not even be an on the field coach.

• Like 1

"The upside is that you can't say Hars doesn't understand the league anymore. If he survives this, it will be the greatest trial by fire ever."

Only SEC coach I know that coached for/with "Hars" is Eli Drinkwitz. Good job doxing yourself 😅

Edited by JBiGGiE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This might be why they’re anonymous! 😝 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Agreed. I doubt these were any head coaches either.  More than likely some way down the chain assistant they may not even be an on the field coach.

Yeah, none of these quotes are from the actual head coaches. 

Athlon does theses quote things every year for every conference in it's pre season magazine. Head football coaches aren't taking time out of their day to give 'anonymous' comments on all their opponents for a yearly magazine page filler space. 

It just says these are from SEC coaches...not SEC head coaches. and i wouldn't be surprised if these didn't even come from real, actual coaches.  

These are probably softball coaches behind these quotes lol they never specified which sport. I'm on to you, ATHLON!!! 

I’m older. What is doxing? Haven’t heard that before. 

Username Checks out .

Doxing is when someone posting private or identifying information about a person in a public space. 

Usually it's a term used when people post someone's address/ phone numbers on the internet with the intention of causing that person to be harassed. 

In this instance he's saying that the person in the quote was "identifying himself" unintentionally by giving information that others could identify him through. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems as good place as any to put this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

DAG your real name? 😆

Deon Alonzo Gibbs? Yes. Makes sense now?

Edited by DAG

This might be why they’re anonymous! 😝 

No way in hell Saban is that high.  Leach could take him.  You know leach got some pirate sword or something.  Kiffin is also too high.  I see him as a fetus curler.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems as good place as any to put this. 

See four posts up. 😝 

• Like 1