Media Picks AU Last

AU-24

Serious question. Only because it keeps coming up. And it needs to be put to bed, for better or worse. 

Does anyone know where the Harsin affair allegations actually came from?

Any chance we could just hash that out now and be done with it?

And if no one has a real idea where it came from, can we drop it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Serious question. Only because it keeps coming up. And it needs to be put to bed, for better or worse. 

Also, does anyone know if the PTB actually wants Boom or Kelly? Even as someone who wouldn’t mind a couple certain PAHCs…not them, thanks.

• Facepalm 1

No idea where the affair rumors came from but I know it must’ve been tied to post Halloween. Because before that he was 6-2 and fresh off of wins versus LSU, Arky, and OM, and he seemed like a swell guy to everyone at that time. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That's because you're right. But on message boards there's always that popular conspiracy mindset. It conveniently excuses posters from facing what is true, and allows them to keep believing what they want to believe instead.

The real issue is this.....successful people giving money to Auburn expect success in return because that's how they operate. Last season was a disaster, and many were very unhappy with that kind of ineptness.. Harsin is on a very,very hot seat because people don't like him anyway, and he has been very incompetent. He has also been pretty arrogant while being a total screw-up. That has not made him any friends. Harsin's problems are 90 % self-inflicted. Blaming boosters for Harsin's failures is quite frankly ridiculous. They didn't make him incompetent. 

Everybody wants Auburn to be successful. But Harsin needs to take a good look at how he messed up, and stop making public statements because he's not a victim. He's paid a lot of money to win football games, manage the program without embarassing the university, and be good at Public Relations.He's paid to make connections and form relationships.  He has failed at all of those obligations so far. I do not understand why some Auburn fans think he's been mistreated. He hasn't. He has been very bad at his job in a monumental and damaging way. That's why those who pay out a lot of money were upset. Nothing damages recruiting more than a coach who is in over his head in such an obvious situation. Harsin has a few guys keeping things afloat because they love Auburn. They deserve a huge cut of his salary for doing most of the work. 

Are u serious? Nevermind

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fwiw, last in the SEC West translates to a 3d in the SEC East-caliber team. Just saying.

See previous comments about the gross inequities in current SEC scheduling.

Edited by AUwent

See previous comments about the gross inequities in current SEC scheduling.

Disagree. We lose to UGA, UTN is trending up, UK is trending up, UF would be about our equal as of now. That's 3 possibly 4 teams with better future prospect than we currently have. 

In the east you may have an easier prospect of getting close/50 50 games, but sadly we aren't in a position to look down on anyone. 

no-michael-scott(1).gif.d0b2251bd31807db7cae71cb7d7211c8.gif

• Haha 1

I don’t think we will ever know where exactly it came from. I seem to remember that there was mention of another board somewhere out there that was supposedly the genesis of it.

To be honest, after seeing the way that everything went down, I take a looooooooooooong pause and a serious sideways look at almost any “insider info”. There was so much bad information that was being feverishly passed along as the gospel that I really felt whiplashed when it was all said and done. Was it all being passed along with good intent? With nefarious intent? I think both.

When can we drop “it”? Iono. I will say, if Harsin can fix this thing, it’ll all be but a memory. But if he fails, you can bet your sweet ass it’ll get dug up and autopsied again. Hell, I’ll bet it’s gonna be at the forefront of some CFB shows early in the season.

Now where….did…..I….put my band name generator. Did someone pick up my band name generator? No? I bet my wife put it away somewhere…. 

• Love 1