Media Picks AU Last

AU-24

58 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This OL combination hasn't shown to be great yet in any capacity, but they've been solid in pass blocking over the course of the past couple seasons imo. If they can work a miracle with the passing game, the defense should be fine. 

Just spit balling, I see 

Mercer - W

SJSU - W

Penn St - W 

Missouri - W 

LSU - L

Georgia - cmon now

Ole Miss - W

Arkansas - W 

Miss St - W 

A&M -  W 

WKU - W

Alabama - L 

Can definitely see an alternate world where the bottom falls through, but they have enough as currently constructed to beat Ole Miss, LSU, Penn St, Ark and A&M and those can obv go either way. 

I could definitively get on board with this. Differences: I think we beat LSU and lose to A&M, lose to Arky, but somehow best either UGA or Bama. In my opinion, it’s all going to come down to who gets the nod at QB, our OL and our WR group. If the last two produce, then we may surprise some teams. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This OL combination hasn't shown to be great yet in any capacity, but they've been solid in pass blocking over the course of the past couple seasons imo. If they can work a miracle with the passing game, the defense should be fine. 

Just spit balling, I see 

Mercer - W

SJSU - W

Penn St - W 

Missouri - W 

LSU - L

Georgia - cmon now

Ole Miss - W

Arkansas - W 

Miss St - W 

A&M -  W 

WKU - W

Alabama - L 

Can definitely see an alternate world where the bottom falls through, but they have enough as currently constructed to beat Ole Miss, LSU, Penn St, Ark and A&M and those can obv go either way. 

I'll get a lot of disagreements here and that's understandable, but I think we go to Georgia 5 - 0. The problem is that Georgia, Ole Miss, Arkansas stretch. Auburn always leaves the Georgia game beat up. It is what it is. It's almost always a physical, hard fought, hard hitting game. Having it right after LSU gives, arguably, our 2 most physical games back to back. If, big if, you end up pulling 1 of those 3 you are looking at MSU, WKU, and Texas A&M to potentially get to 8 wins. Based on the last 5 games of last season, its a tall task, but not impossible. Based on the first half of last season it's doable for sure. 

• Like 1

I expect us to be like last years Arky team. Well coached, great chemistry, and heavy on very experienced players. That team gutted their way to 9 wins and I believe this one will too. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

269689364_6629185220484711_7623915051760994100_n.jpg

As a season ticket holder since 1980 and having 16 tickets together this will probably be the last year that TUF and Auburn get my money..... so you all will be able to buy more tickets in a great lower level section!!

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, AU1947 said:

Well predictions are just that... game has to be played.. winner and end of season is what matters. I am more outraged by the tasteless post such as this one... shows a lack of leadership from the HC AND the AD

Screenshot_20220722-185657_Instagram.jpg

If you ask me, both the HC and AD should be replaced by someone with a strong moral compass who will instill discipline, honor, and integrity in these young men. A pair of leaders, such as …

Deez nuts! 

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

I could definitively get on board with this. Differences: I think we beat LSU and lose to A&M, lose to Arky, but somehow best either UGA or Bama. In my opinion, it’s all going to come down to who gets the nod at QB, our OL and our WR group. If the last two produce, then we may surprise some teams. 

Think it requires an act of God for us to ever beat UGA. I never expect to win that game ever after the 2020 performance (or the mid 2010s). I think Tuscaloosa looks to embarrass us after the game they should’ve dropped last year. 

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, cbo said:

If you ask me, both the HC and AD should be replaced by someone with a strong moral compass who will instill discipline, honor, and integrity in these young men. A pair of leaders, such as …

Deez nuts! 

You're my superhero for this one 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

You're my superhero for this one 🤣🤣

It was right there and I had to take it. 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Think it requires an act of God for us to ever beat UGA. I never expect to win that game ever after the 2020 performance (or the mid 2010s). I think Tuscaloosa looks to embarrass us after the game they should’ve dropped last year. 

We'd better lobby the SEC hard for one permanent. If I could make it so we somehow never play them again I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Edited by AUwent

13 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

So if your proof that we lose because they beat us last year in the list you listed, we lose to MS, aTm but beat LSU, Ark. OM.

We are not better than we were when we played those teams early last year. AU went on a five-game losing streak, then lost 20 players through the portal to say nothing of the others who moved on to the NFL or whose eligibility was used up. We lost too much through the portal and other attrition and haven't replaced enough of them with quality recruits or quality transfers. The 2022 AU team will not be as good as last year's team was, talent-wise.

PS: I offered no proof that AU will win, lose, break even or forfeit. I did offer reasons why picking AU to finish last in the West is quite logical.

Edited by Mikey

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We are not better than we were when we played those teams early last year. AU went on a five-game losing streak, then lost 20 players through the portal to say nothing of the others who moved on to the NFL or whose eligibility was used up. We lost too much through the portal and other attrition and haven't replaced enough of them with quality recruits or quality transfers. The 2022 AU team will not be as good as last year's team was, talent-wise.

PS: I offered no proof that AU will win, lose, break even or forfeit. I did offer reasons why picking AU to finish last in the West is quite logical.

You don’t know that. This is your opinion. Until the games are played, no one knows.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Good luck to you Mr. Mikey. Hope you find a team to support some time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

You don’t know that. This is your opinion. Until the games are played, no one knows.

Here's what I wrote: "The 2022 AU team will not be as good as last year's team was, talent-wise." The numbers and talent level aren't there and that's rather easy to see. Will they win as many games, fewer or more? That's why the games are played. It's obvious that no one knows the outcome but if the writer's assignment is to pick an order of finish in the SEC West, AU is a reasonable pick for last place.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Here's what I wrote: "The 2022 AU team will not be as good as last year's team was, talent-wise." The numbers and talent level aren't there and that's rather easy to see. Will they win as many games, fewer or more? That's why the games are played. It's obvious that no one knows the outcome but if the writer's assignment is to pick an order of finish in the SEC West, AU is a reasonable pick for last place.

Can you tell me how the current team’s chemistry is compared to last year?

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Good luck to you Mr. Mikey. Hope you find a team to support some time.

I support Auburn. Expecting them to finish last in the SEC west doesn't mean I don't support my team.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Can you tell me how the current team’s chemistry is compared to last year?

I hear talk that it's soooo much better. I also heard reports from normally reliable people about how spectacularly awful a number of our spring practice sessions were. The two would seem to be mutually exclusive.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I hear talk that it's soooo much better. I also heard reports from normally reliable people about how spectacularly awful a number of our spring practice sessions were. The two would seem to be mutually exclusive.

Well, we can can all hope for better days ahead.

WDE!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I support Auburn. Expecting them to finish last in the SEC west doesn't mean I don't support my team.

We will all find out in a couple months.  Right now, its all talk. The positive and the negative.  That's the good thing about sports, the scoreboard don't lie 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

Here is my prediction, for what it is worth.

I am going with this team over achieving. Backed in a corner with a chip on their shoulder, they win 8 games. With the others being close. They fighting in every game and win the heart of many AU faithful. Harsin gets another year because of the football played on the field. However, his future at AU will be decided on what type of team he can put together next year. They loose to much to make it on coaching alone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

6-6

I have no idea what would happen if this is the case...would we look justified in pulling the plug assuming recruiting still isn't picking up?

Edited by AUwent

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

We'd better lobby the SEC hard for one permanent. If I could make it so we somehow never play them again I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Think Auburn and the SEC care too much about money to drop UGA. The powers at Auburn have seemingly not looked earnestly at this idea or moving to the East, and I’m sure money + the scheduling complications are two factors that make it to where they wouldn’t 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Think Auburn and the SEC care too much about money to drop UGA. The powers at Auburn have seemingly not looked earnestly at this idea or moving to the East, and I’m sure money + the scheduling complications are two factors that make it to where they wouldn’t 

Yeah, I fully expect a 3+6. Just...please, God almighty, give us the Dores.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

The one permanent rival is horrid money wise and in a macro sense. If Tenn ever stops being terrible, welp, no way to really restore the UTk-Bama rivalry. Can’t get the big 12 teams vs A&M (no way they’d pick A&M-Texas over maintaining RRR) 

Auburn makes too much to not act in the best interests of the SEC’s pockets. I would just hope they choose to not take LSU or Florida when it comes time to argue for that third permanent. 

• Like 1