Plenty of positivity surrounding Auburn Football

aubiefifty

auburnwire.usatoday.com

Despite rough offseason, there's still plenty of positivity surrounding Auburn Football

Taylor Jones
2-3 minutes

After the ending to the 2021 season, as well as the horrendous offseason that head coach Bryan Harsin has had to endure, it is easy to claim that the metaphorical sky is falling on the Plains.

However, there are more positive things happening within the program than most are leading to believe says On3’s JD Pickell.

In a recent episode of “The Hard Count“, Pickell discussed the wild offseason for Auburn and took the time to spin what has been considered gloom into positivity.

One of the issues that Harsin and Auburn have had to endure is the loss of key players such as quarterback Bo Nix to the transfer portal. Sure, it is easy to use the departure of so many athletes as a way to forecast the future of the program. But, what is not being talked about enough, are the athletes that stayed.

Every single player in this locker room had a decision to play for Bryan Harsin. Because with the transfer portal and all of the commotion in the offseason, the headlines, there’s a lot of guys that could have left. So, if you’re still on this roster at Auburn, Alabama. You decided you want to be a part of this. And that means something.

The “buy-in” from the players that elected to stay with the program is huge for Auburn, as it means that they will be willing to play with full effort every Saturday, which could lead to unexpected wins this fall.

To have a buy-in, after all the craziness that happened in the offseason from the internal side of this program. That’s phenomenal. That’s huge. That’s something you would almost not expect when you try to get your coach fired. To have one of the best running backs in the country coming back [Tank Bigsby]. That’s also huge.

Head coach Bryan Harsin, as well as Tank Bigsby, John Samuel Shenker, and Derick Hall are set to speak with the media on Thursday during SEC Media Days. Harsin is scheduled to take the stage at 8:05 a.m. CDT.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

I do not care who is coaching or playing, I am going to be rooting for Auburn no matter what! 

If anything could cause me to stop pulling for Auburn, and I don’t see that happening after 70 years, it would be some of the so called fans on this forum!

• Like 5