Calzada snub

aubiefifty

Auburn football fans point out Zach Calzada snub from Mike Farrellu2019s Top 50 QBs

Mary Kate Hughes
2-3 minutes

Auburn football BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA - NOVEMBER 27: Zach Calzada #10 of the Texas A&M Aggies warms up before a game against the LSU Tigers at Tiger Stadium on November 27, 2021 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. (Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images)

Auburn football BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA - NOVEMBER 27: Zach Calzada #10 of the Texas A&M Aggies warms up before a game against the LSU Tigers at Tiger Stadium on November 27, 2021 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. (Photo by Jonathan Bachman/Getty Images)

Auburn football fans have officially moved on from the three-year saga that was Bo Nix as QB1. Though the official announcement concerning who will lead the Tigers’ offense isn’t likely to come until the fall, many fans believe that the QB1 role will ultimately land in the hands of former Texas A&M Aggie Zach Calzada.

The quarterback competition has been happening on the Plains all summer long, with Robby Ashford, Holden Geriner, TJ Finley, and Zach Calzada each competing for the role. Fans have not yet gotten to see Calzada operate in an Auburn uniform as he was sidelined during the A-Day game to recover from shoulder surgery.

Though can be said for certain until games have been played this fall, many Auburn football fans believe that Zach Calzada will be successful for the Tigers. He had a great season last year at Texas A&M, and that was after being thrust into the starting position after an injury took out Haynes King.

Calzada was described by his quarterback coach as having exceptional mental toughness and football IQ, and many are looking forward to seeing how that will play out for the Tigers in Bryan Harsin’s second season on the Plains.

However, there are also plenty of doubters. Bryan Harsin is consistently being ranked as the worst coach in the SEC, people are predicting Auburn football to lose an absurd amount of games and have little success, and now, people are doubting the talent of Calzada, Auburn’s likely QB1:

If Zach Calzada does end up as the starter for the Tigers, he will have to step up in order for Auburn to be successful, and no one is saying that he is going to turn out to be the 2022 Heisman winner, but are there truly 50 quarterbacks out there that are better than Zach Calzada?

There are 131 D-1 football teams. Where does Calzada rank among the 131 starting QB's?  Lets address the question again in December.

• Like 7

if calzada is the guy i hope he makes them eat their words. my thinking is if cal was not completely healthy at A and M and he gets well he should be much improved right? that is what i am hoping anyway.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

if calzada is the guy i hope he makes them eat their words. my thinking is if cal was not completely healthy at A and M and he gets well he should be much improved right? that is what i am hoping anyway.

I agree, and better scheme behind a veteran oline should allow him to shine this season.  He'll need help from his TE's & RB's but I think he can have a much better year here than he had at aTm.

• Like 1

Who gives a sheet about per season snubs from a guy fired by Rivals.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Farrell stated he left Rivals to start his own recruiting service. 

• Like 1

Curious to see if he listed any QB for any team that has no QB1 yet.

That's ok, because the guy down at the local hardware store said Calzada was going to be a top 10 QB, so there ya go. He knows him some football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

Appears to be doing great

Edited by W.E.D

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

There are 131 D-1 football teams. Where does Calzada rank among the 131 starting QB's?  Lets address the question again in December.

That seems like a lifetime away. Can’t even really imagine what will happen between now and then. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Appears to be doing great

Wow what a jackass Williams is.

Farrell is one of the more respected recruiting gurus in the industry. Looks like he’s branching out to do interviews. He doesn’t air news unless it’s been confirmed by his trusted sources.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

Farrell is one of the more respected recruiting gurus in the industry. Looks like he’s branching out to do interviews. He doesn’t air news unless it’s been confirmed by his trusted sources.

That guy better show out, or he's going to get eaten alive.

20 minutes ago, Viper said:

Lol he wrote a one sided article and attribute quoted to his dad that weren't true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

well jack wagon i am posting articles for the board to read and here you are again getting all in my business. last time.............if i post an article it does not mean i agree with it it means i am taking the time out of my day to give you guys something to discuss.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lol he wrote a one sided article and attribute quoted to his dad that weren't true.

LMAO the kid is the jack ass.....the person the article is about says stuff not true and you still have people that will jump on the writers side and say he wouldn't write it if it wasn't true! 

And how the hell is a person a recruiting guru? It's amazing How many different people have made money off of kids but they get to be looked at as respected or whatever.....now let a kids dad, uncle, mentor say something and he's automatically looked at as scum......what a racket. Only in sports could this be. Could you imagine any other profession a guy who doesn't know or have any experience whatsoever in the field being able to judge and grade the people with the actual ability?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Viper said:

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

well jack wagon i am posting articles for the board to read and here you are again getting all in my business. last time.............if i post an article it does not mean i agree with it it means i am taking the time out of my day to give you guys something to discuss.

Oh no, 50 is offended again b/c someone made a comment about an article he posted and makes it about himself. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

59 minutes ago, cole256 said:

LMAO the kid is the jack ass.....the person the article is about says stuff not true and you still have people that will jump on the writers side and say he wouldn't write it if it wasn't true! 

BUT HIS SOURCES!!!!!!

59 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And how the hell is a person a recruiting guru? 

Sounds like a predator to me

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Oh no, 50 is offended again b/c someone made a comment about an article he posted and makes it about himself. 

i sure did. and now you want to lie and say it did not bother you but you answered. have fun with that..............

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i sure did. and now you want to lie and say it did not bother you but you answered. have fun with that..............

lmao What?  I never commented about myself.

IDK why you post articles then get mad when someone comments on an article.  BF is a clown.  No one was being mean to you.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

lmao What?  I never commented about myself.

IDK why you post articles then get mad when someone comments on an article.  BF is a clown.  No one was being mean to you.

i have no idea who feller is. but god this kills my soul because i went back and you are right. i am 67 next month and i guess i am slipping. but i am man enough to say i am sorry and i am. i read it too quick. just remember that. when i am wrong and know i am wrong i will always apologize.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

the-dude-abide.gif.b1cf58b115ee9553a5f5f0a03bc0bafb.gif

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

And how the hell is a person a recruiting guru? It's amazing How many different people have made money off of kids but they get to be looked at as respected or whatever.....now let a kids dad, uncle, mentor say something and he's automatically looked at as scum......what a racket. Only in sports could this be. Could you imagine any other profession a guy who doesn't know or have any experience whatsoever in the field being able to judge and grade the people with the actual ability?

He is mad at the player for responding to a reporter quoting unfounded comments about him? Some of these people are freaking clueless.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1