serious question here folks...............

aubiefifty

why do the repubs always threaten to do away with social security and medicaid and medicare? are they really serious? i assume if they ended it they would have to honor those enrolled since it is our money as well. but do they know how they are scaring the bejeesus out of seniors on little income? will it ever happen? and it is my understanding from wife numba two the gov keeps raiding it and i think i remember that but when was the last time they borrowed our money? and why are they not paying it back. i read a couple of months ago social security will dry up in thirteen years if something is not done. like why do rich people get it? these guys bringing home over a mil a year certainly do not need it so maybe that needs to stop? but then if they pay in as far as i am concerned they are owed money since they payed in. i would like to know folks thoughts on this.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

why do the repubs always threaten to do away with social security and medicaid and medicare?

They don’t. Democrat claim is nothing but “political fare”. Shame on uncaring dems for scaring us old people.

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/04/democrats-misleadingly-claim-republicans-plan-would-end-social-security-medicare/

• Angry 1

23 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

They don’t. Democrat claim is nothing but “political fare”. Shame on uncaring dems for scaring us old people.

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/04/democrats-misleadingly-claim-republicans-plan-would-end-social-security-medicare/

i retired from the feds so i am almost certain to stop social security they have to grandfather the ones already in it until we die off. those not eligible and paying might get screwed. but you are right shame on them mr salty. but i do remember was it paul ryan that retired{?} said he wanted to do away with it as well as a couple more so there is blame to go around but they all should be ashamed.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i retired from the feds so i am almost certain to stop social security they have to grandfather the ones already in it until we die off. those not eligible and paying might get screwed. but you are right shame on them mr salty. but i do remember was it paul ryan that retired{?} said he wanted to do away with it as well as a couple more so there is blame to go around but they all should be ashamed.

Paul Ryan did not want to “ do away” with it. Working from memory he was for privatizing a portion of it. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1