Pretty good one on Harsin and Auburn.

AU-24

19 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

It’s gotten really bad when I feel like one of the sane posters.

Don't comment on that….

OK numnuts

• Love 1

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Lmao at leaving out the defense and yhr fact we played vs a QB whom never started a game before.

Nonetheless, without that sequence at the end we probably lose. All credit to Gus and Bo on that win.

On 7/12/2022 at 5:27 PM, DAG said:

Y'all need to go listen to some player led podcasts such as the PIVOT, Bussin with the boys, and I AM ATHLETE to hear the mindset of players and culture when they are dealing with lame duck coaches or horrible seasons.

Don't forget Auburn's very own Daren Bates' show Raw Room. He drops plenty of gems from 2012 (and the better years) regularly

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JerryAU said:

with Dillingham & the Ducks.

I kind of wish we still had Dillingham.  He seems to be a very underrated recruiter, especially on the offensive side of the ball which we desperately need.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I mean to be honest, this constant negativity is why good posters are visiting this board less frequently. Including myself. I mean damn, I don't see how people can be this negative all the time and not give people a chance. If I had the outlook of some of these guys in real life, I probably wouldn't have a business 

Just to add a little bit more, I think we are seeing a lot more arguing, name-calling, and aggressiveness between posters as well.  That a differing point of view is automatically wrong.  This makes it hard to have motivation to have conversations with one another if it is just going to turn out sour.  I have even found myself doing this now because it just isn't worth it with people that don't know how to be civil.

The best way to be knowledgeable about anything is to welcome conversation and be open to all concepts because there is always a chance you are wrong.  You don't know what you don't know and always saying you are right only leads to a stagnant life instead of positive momentum in gaining knowledge.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Just to add a little bit more, I think we are seeing a lot more arguing, name-calling, and aggressiveness between posters as well.  That a differing point of view is automatically wrong.  This makes it hard to have motivation to have conversations with one another if it is just going to turn out sour.  I have even found myself doing this now because it just isn't worth it with people that don't know how to be civil.

The best way to be knowledgeable about anything is to welcome conversation and be open to all concepts because there is always a chance you are wrong.  You don't know what you don't know and always saying you are right only leads to a stagnant life instead of positive momentum in gaining knowledge.

100%! The second part of your post is something that both loof, and 72 (I miss him), were really good at. They were always open to different points of view, and they both had me view things differently as well sometimes and that's what made the debates/discussions fun.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I don't see how people can be this negative all the time and not give people a chance. If I had the outlook of some of these guys in real life, I probably wouldn't have a business 

In your business, if you had an employee who had accomplished little to nothing positive after 19 months on the job how long would you keep him?

A) After Gus was fired I warned that the normal number of coaches top schools go through before settling on a successful coach was four. That wasn't against any individual. That wasn't pro Gus. (It was time for a change). That wasn't being negative. That was a simple statement of fact.

B )After Harsin was hired I had a very neutral wait and see attitude, not a negative one. Recruiting, staff firings and staff turmoil in addition to a five game losing streak and our first losing season in 8 years killed any optimism I had about the hire.

I don't have a negative attitude on life but I do have a negative attitude about isolated situations. Auburn's prospects of winning with the current football staff is one thing I'm not optimistic about. Current political situations are another. On a positive note, I like AU's baseball and basketball prospects and this season I've got the best crop of tomatoes that I've ever grown.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

In your business, if you had an employee who had accomplished little to nothing positive after 19 months on the job how long would you keep him?

A) After Gus was fired I warned that the normal number of coaches top schools go through before settling on a successful coach was four. That wasn't against any individual. That wasn't pro Gus. (It was time for a change). That wasn't being negative. That was a simple statement of fact.

B )After Harsin was hired I had a very neutral wait and see attitude, not a negative one. Recruiting, staff firings and staff turmoil in addition to a five game losing streak and our first losing season in 8 years killed any optimism I had about the hire.

I don't have a negative attitude on life but I do have a negative attitude about isolated situations. Auburn's prospects of winning with the current football staff is one thing I'm not optimistic about. Current political situations are another. On a positive note, I like AU's baseball and basketball prospects and this season I've got the best crop of tomatoes that I've ever grown.

Considering it has been said that he has worked to change some things that didn't work out in year one, he is at least trying to be better in certain areas. Everyone here will admit to harsin's year 1 struggles, but we are also willing to give him a chance to work the kinks out. People in my business aren't under a multi year, million dollar contract, with a buyout, etc. so it is a bit of a different ballgame. Not to mention that building a team/roster is a more than a one year process. You said when he was hired that you would give him 3 years, but then you also predict AU to go 4-8, 5-7 and with the state of football now, that most likely means we would be searching for a new coach after only 2 years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

If people really did this, this board would be an amazing place

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

You said when he was hired that you would give him 3 years, but then you also predict AU to go 4-8, 5-7 and with the state of football now, that most likely means we would be searching for a new coach after only 2 years.

I did think three years would be a reasonable time for a new coach to demonstrate that he's the right guy. However, after 19 months we've seen nothing that indicates the program is moving in a good direction. You'd normally expect to see something positive after 19 months. In this case, two years may be too long. It's past time to see some tangible results. Instead all we get is listed in Sports Illustrated as one of the five most disappointing recruiting classes in the country.

Three years should be the norm for a new coach to show something, but as in all cases there are exceptions. I think our current situation will be an exception. If he leads the team to a successful season I'll be happy for him. If he doesn't, I'll be hopeful about the next guy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/16/2022 at 12:42 PM, Mikey said:

I did think three years would be a reasonable time for a new coach to demonstrate that he's the right guy. However, after 19 months we've seen nothing that indicates the program is moving in a good direction. You'd normally expect to see something positive after 19 months. In this case, two years may be too long. It's past time to see some tangible results. Instead all we get is listed in Sports Illustrated as one of the five most disappointing recruiting classes in the country.

Three years should be the norm for a new coach to show something, but as in all cases there are exceptions. I think our current situation will be an exception. If he leads the team to a successful season I'll be happy for him. If he doesn't, I'll be hopeful about the next guy.

They understand exactly what you’re saying; they just can’t bring themselves to admit the Harsin hire was a big mistake. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

I said from day 1 that he was in over his head and that he truly didn’t understand what he was getting himself into. That part appears to be correct as he stated he learned a lot from this past season. However, I am for equality and fairness. He should be given whatever time to either fail or succeed on his on merit without meddling. I would say it’s a testament to his mettle because he really has an uphill battle.

• Haha 1

On 7/15/2022 at 10:42 PM, Mikey said:

ad nauseam

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

They understand exactly what you’re saying; they just can’t bring themselves to admit the Harsin hire was a big mistake. 

ad nauseam and ironic.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 5:29 AM, AU-24 said:

No, my Wife is a former cheerleader but not at Boise State.

Let’s see did I write this article? Oh no it was PM. Did I author the other onslaught of articles predicting at best a 6 win season, or did I make the Las Vegas odds? 🤷‍♂️

Oh wait, you don’t care, as long as Gus isn’t the coach, 6-6 or 7–5 is a successful season to you.

pics or it does not count.........lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, e808 said:

I said from day 1 that he was in over his head and that he truly didn’t understand what he was getting himself into. That part appears to be correct as he stated he learned a lot from this past season. However, I am for equality and fairness. He should be given whatever time to either fail or succeed on his on merit without meddling. I would say it’s a testament to his mettle because he really has an uphill battle.

Same. He is definitely in over his head. Why Greene and company didn’t know this, is beyond me.

We do know, he wasn’t Greene’s first choice, so we can take some solace in that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

pics or it does not count.........lol

Let me help you with this one

image.png

• Haha 2

On 7/14/2022 at 4:05 PM, AUwent said:

I will believe Zach is even on Bo's level when I see it. Fact is, running him off was a bad look if he was that important.

What leads you to believe he was run off?

• Like 2

On 7/15/2022 at 8:16 AM, abw0004 said:

But what are you to do when someone makes a clearly false assertion attempting to controvert your statement?

For example, if a person said "it is standard across football today for Dlineman to retreat if they feel an easy pass rush and work down the line looking for the a screen play" and a person responds with:

"Screens are never on the DL. You teach defensive linemen to be aggressive and pounce on EVERY opportunity to hit the QB. If they do suspect a screen, get hands up. But it's a linebackers job to snuff it out."