Pretty good one on Harsin and Auburn.

AU-24

49 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

one year

You can stop there. He needs to be judged by more than one year. That is what you and your group don't understand. But your response is send the brink trucks to Mark Stoops. Absolutely stupid. But you keep trolling lol. I am going to laugh my ass off when you get a permanent vacation.  You keep bringing up Gus, you say all of this stuff  but back in November when things were going all north, this was you:

Now you changed up. I don't mind fair, objective conversation. I have definitely and will continue to criticize CBH for what he should be criticized for and I've done it on this thread. But I am also going to be objective too. The trolling and insane rhetoric you keep doing is just flat out annoying man. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

You can stop there. He needs to be judged by more than one year. That is what you and your group don't understand. But your response is send the brink trucks to Mark Stoops. Absolutely stupid. But you keep trolling lol. I am going to laugh my ass off when you get a permanent vacation.  You keep bringing up Gus, you say all of this stuff  but back in November when things were going all north, this was you:

Now you changed up. I don't mind fair, objective conversation. I have definitely and will continue to criticize CBH for what he should be criticized for and I've done it on this thread. But I am also going to be objective too. The trolling and insane rhetoric you keep doing is just flat out annoying man. 

What you took the time and effort to find and post above, is not me. You have confused me with someone else.

Here’s where we meet: you say he should be given more than a year; we say it has been over a year and he has failed it absolutely, positively everything. There is just about zero positive to say about him to this point and we believe AU can do better. We are not willing to celebrate a potential 6-6 or 7-5 season and poor recruiting because he is not Gus. That is all we are saying.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

What you took the time and effort to find and post above, is not me. You have confused me with someone else.

It's definitely you. Responding to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

I thought he was confusing you and me. If it was me, obviously I was wrong, which I’m willing to admit rather than keep up the same argument and debate that just doesn’t make any statistical sound sense.

Plus, these Harsin apologists are not going to man-up and admit their wrong regardless of how bad it gets. If he blows it this season and next season then gets fired, they will blame it on the players Gus left him with or the boosters won’t put up NIL money etc. etc. Time for me to bow out of this one.

War Eagle!

Edited by AU-24

59 minutes ago, DAG said:

I know this wasn't your point, but that original post was mine and I've thought about it more than once and the way I felt after the OM game. I was riding high. Convinced Harsin was the right guy for the job. I liked the Harsin hire from the beginning. I still think it made a lot of sense on paper. 

I'm not giving up completely after one season or asking for him to be fired, but my opinion has changed a lot since that night. Almost every single thing has gone wrong since then. If I had to bet now, I'd say Harsin won't work out. And it's almost entirely because of recruiting. The rest is because of his inability to hire and retain SEC quality coaches. 

We will see. I think it's fine to change your mind, based on the evidence before you. I think it's fine to voice your opinions early and make predictions, because that's part of the fun of a message board. 

What I don't care to listen to is people who have hated Harsin from the very beginning (we know who they are) and never gave him a chance. Or people who still act like Harsin can do no wrong and everything is someone else's fault. 

By the way, DAG, most of this is not directed at you, just inspired by your post. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I thought he was confusing you and me. If it was me, obviously I was wrong, which I’m willing to admit rather than keep up the same argument and debate that just doesn’t make any statistical sound sense.

Man, we've called a truce but no one is ever going to confuse me and you lol

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, cbo said:

I know this wasn't your point, but that original post was mine and I've thought about it more than once and the way I felt after the OM game. I was riding high. Convinced Harsin was the right guy for the job. I liked the Harsin hire from the beginning. I still think it made a lot of sense on paper. 

I'm not giving up completely after one season or asking for him to be fired, but my opinion has changed a lot since that night. Almost every single thing has gone wrong since then. If I had to bet now, I'd say Harsin won't work out. And it's almost entirely because of recruiting. The rest is because of his inability to hire and retain SEC quality coaches. 

We will see. I think it's fine to change your mind, based on the evidence before you. I think it's fine to voice your opinions early and make predictions, because that's part of the fun of a message board. 

What I don't care to listen to is people who have hated Harsin from the very beginning (we know who they are) and never gave him a chance. Or people who still act like Harsin can do no wrong and everything is someone else's fault. 

By the way, DAG, most of this is not directed at you, just inspired by your post. 

No I wasn't talk about you nor am I'm talking about people who change their opinion from an objective view. That is cool. But when you have a guy like the original OP, who swears up and down we have the wrong guy and keeps referring back to the previous coach. I have to call BS, because just several months ago, he was highlighting how this guy showed thing that Gus hadn't shown. Additionally, this goes back to the point of not having an absolute mindset based off off one year. Gus had 8 years to work off of when we decided he wasn't the guy.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

is not me

It is definitely you. You can't even figure out how the quote system works.  Yeah, go ahead and bow out lol. If it is you? Lol. This is why I can't take you serious. The extremes you go through in your posting style. You would definitely on the CBH train at one point, so stop acting like you just knew he was wrong for the job and he absolutely can't turn it around. Out of your own mouth, you said he showed you things that the old coach you keep referencing hadn't shown. 

Edited by DAG

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

No I wasn't talk about you nor am I'm talking about people who change their opinion from an objective view. That is cool. But when you have a guy like the original OP, who swears up and down we have the wrong guy and keeps referring back to the previous coach. I have to call BS, because just several months ago, he was highlighting how this guy showed thing that Gus hadn't shown. Additionally, this goes back to the point of not having an absolute mindset based off off one year. Gus had 8 years to work off of when we decided he wasn't the guy.

I get it and I agree. I'm tired of posters who clearly have an agenda and always say the exact same thing. No nuance. You know what the post says just by seeing their name. It's boring. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Here’s where we meet: you say he should be given more than a year; we say it has been over a year and he has failed it absolutely, positively everything. There is just about zero positive to say about him to this point and we believe AU can do better. We are not willing to celebrate a potential 6-6 or 7-5 season and poor recruiting because he is not Gus. That is all we are saying.

I'm hard on Harsin in a variety of areas. But you’re blind if you think he's done nothing right.

I still can't fathom how ppl can see our starting QB breaking his leg and how that impacted the rest of the season. 

Drastically impoved Bo doesn't break his leg and we're 9-4....people are crying.

Now recruiting is awful. He's made bad personal decisions. Can't get any OL....lots of bad. But some good in there

• Like 3

Just now, cbo said:

I get it and I agree. I'm tired of posters who clearly have an agenda and always say the exact same thing. No nuance. You know what the post says just by seeing their name. It's boring. 

And I won't lie. Recruiting is very frustrating. If it were me, I would be doing what Arkansas is doing and loading up on 3 stars, getting the four stars I get and hopefully building a foundation. But it is not me. So my only thinking is we show on the field what we can do and make a lasting case the final few months.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is definitely you. You can't even figure out how the quote system works.  Yeah, go ahead and bow out lol. If it is you? Lol. This is why I can't take you serious. The extremes you go through in your posting style. You would definitely on the CBH train at one point, so stop acting like you just knew he was wrong for the job and he absolutely can't turn it around. Out of your own mouth, you said he showed you things that the old coach you keep referencing hadn't shown. 

I got two facepalms for simply pointing out a provable fact. This place is crazy. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

And I won't lie. Recruiting is very frustrating. If it were me, I would be doing what Arkansas is doing and loading up on 3 stars, getting the four stars I get and hopefully building a foundation. But it is not me. So my only thinking is we show on the field what we can do and make a lasting case the final few months.

That's one of the things about recruiting that gets me. We are not even getting numbers. Sign some 3 stars, especially on the OL. We have room. I think we have good pure coaches, so coach them up. That can't be all we do, but it can be a part of it. Better than open slots. 

IMO, I think we all know what the pros and cons are as they have been talked about at nausea. However, the fact of the matter is we only have 1 year of actual football games to go by. 

Ok last year is done and it’s nothing that can be done about that. Let’s just see what happens this season. I think barring something catastrophic like Chiz or Tubs last year he will get at least three year to show what he can do. Patiently counting down the days to kickoff. War Eagle!!

Edited by e808
  • Like 4

Just now, cbo said:

That's one of the things about recruiting that gets me. We are not even getting numbers. Sign some 3 stars, especially on the OL. We have room. I think we have good pure coaches, so coach them up. That can't be all we do, but it can be a part of it. Better than open slots. 

yeah that's honestly what I don't get either which is frustrating. That is like rebuilding 101 to me. Just freaking load up ( I don't care if we are called 3 star U). Prove that coaching acumen you have and win the games you are suppose to win, gain some momentum and get everyone on a united front...I am hoping this new hire we got from the pros can fodder some more direction. Like this dude from Tulane. You should've offered him yesterday.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm hard on Harsin in a variety of areas. But you’re blind if you think he's done nothing right.

I still can't fathom how ppl can see our starting QB breaking his leg and how that impacted the rest of the season. 

Drastically impoved Bo doesn't break his leg and we're 9-4....people are crying.

Now recruiting is awful. He's made bad personal decisions. Can't get any OL....lots of bad. But some good in there

Please pick one. Was Bo Nix some horrible plague upon our program whom we're so glad is gone OR was he the difference between 6 wins and 9 wins (and possibly SEC west champs)?

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Please pick one. Was Bo Nix some horrible plague upon our program who we're so glad is gone OR was he the difference between 6 wins and 9 wins (and possibly SEC west champs)?

I actually agree with this there are a lot of folks who claim Bo sucked, etc, but we'd have won 9 had he'd stayed healthy. I don't see it. I thought he was a below average QB. I think we maybe win 8 with him. Maybe. That said, I don't think we'd have lost 5 in a row. Certainly still possible, but unlikely. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

30 minutes ago, DAG said:

yeah that's honestly what I don't get either which is frustrating. That is like rebuilding 101 to me. Just freaking load up ( I don't care if we are called 3 star U). Prove that coaching acumen you have and win the games you are suppose to win, gain some momentum and get everyone on a united front...I am hoping this new hire we got from the pros can fodder some more direction. Like this dude from Tulane. You should've offered him yesterday.

Completely agree and there's never been a better time to flip a roster. 

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

1 hour ago, cbo said:

champoy-el-risitas.gif.545de0d904ce7ac508c13de251dc13cc.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

U A T please bring back Mike Shula he was 10-1 when y'all told him that it was time to part ways.

20 minutes ago, au302 said:

I actually agree with this there are a lot of folks who claim Bo sucked, etc, but we'd have won 9 had he'd stayed healthy. I don't see it. I thought he was a below average QB. I think we maybe win 8 with him. Maybe. That said, I don't think we'd have lost 5 in a row. Certainly still possible, but unlikely. 

Oh 100%, we'd have done so much better with Bo last year.  Bo was Bo. An average QB with as ton of talent but very inconsistent.

What would have been cool would be if Harsin had come here when Bo was a freshman and to see how good he could have been with a coach who hasn't run the wingT his whole career. Those of you who know the wingT offense. The day I realized that Gus's offense was just the wingT modified to work at a fast pace and with just 5% more complexity I wanted him gone. THE WING T MAN.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

It is just insane to me to judge him on what you think the 2022 season outcome will be. What a poor look to throw away the whole 2022 AU football team (that you call yourself a fan of apparently) in order make the head coach that you don’t like look bad. Surely you realize that by continually trying to make him look bad you are also casting great doubt and no support whatsoever for actual football team (btw, the 2022 football team is very on board with Harsin from what I have read. Sorry if this got too personal.

@cbo side note, please never change your profile picture of Norm, cuz I have been watching a ton of his stuff lately and when you post I read it in his voice and its almost like he is still around...

Man I miss Norm.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Didba said:

@cbo side note, please never change your profile picture of Norm, cuz I have been watching a ton of his stuff lately and when you post I read it in his voice and its almost like he is still around...

Man I miss Norm.

I was actually thinking it's time for a change. But I won't now. 

Never a bad thing to think about Norm. Hilarious guy and more intellectual and introspective than you might expect. Look up his interview on WTF with Marc Maron, if you haven't already heard it. 

• Love 1