Pretty good one on Harsin and Auburn.

AU-24

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I can appreciate your feedback--namely some outline of your expectations--but two things:

A--Under Gus we were in basically every game on odd years too (aside from LSU 2015) (not having to go to Orthank or Bara'dur kinda helps).

B--After last summer? The investigation was in February. Do you live in Australia?

So you keep bringing up Gus. Gus was paid top tier money to WIN. NOT STAY IN GAMES

B. I meant after last spring. After all the stupid stuff you type out that I have to read, I can afford a mistake or two

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

So you keep bringing up Gus. Gus was paid top tier money to WIN. NOT STAY IN GAMES

B. I meant after last spring. I know you can't help it but don't be a dumbass. 

Ok. But then please don't act like staying in games was some kind of mark of improvement. When we fought back after being down 21-0 in BR in 2013 it absolutely was a good sign (best I've ever felt after a loss, actually) after we completely rolled over the previous two years.

For the record, in a vacuum 6-7 could've easily been forgiven. But think about everything that happened in December and January (BEFORE the investigation, I might add). Had things gone differently those two months, I would be feeling very hopeful about a 8-4 type season.

Edited by AUwent

Just now, AUwent said:

Ok. But then please don't act like staying in games was some kind of mark of improvement. When we fought back after being down 21-0 in BR in 2013 it absolutely was a good sign (best I've ever felt after a loss, actually) after we completely rolled over the previous two years.

Did I say that was a mark of improvement? Find where I said that? You are comparing 8 damn years to 1 year. I am taking one singular year and looking at the pros and cons. You are the ONE who keeps going back to Gus. GUS IS DONE. It is over. Go support UCF if you can't handle that. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Did I say that was a mark of improvement? Find where I said that? You are comparing 8 damn years to 1 year. I am taking one singular year and looking at the pros and cons. You are the ONE who keeps going back to Gus. GUS IS DONE. It is over. Go support UCF if you can't handle that. 

"What I can say is last year, despite the helter skelter phase, the team was legit in almost every game."

Why did you even bring that up if you weren't implying it was a mark of improvement?

Edited by AUwent
  • Angry 1

Just now, AUwent said:

"What I can say is last year, despite the helter skelter phase, the team was legit in almost every game."

So what does that have to do with comparing Gus to CBH?  Like you are doing. That is me looking at CBH solely. That is all I can do right now. He is our freaking coach. I can only go off one year of his work at auburn. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

So what does that have to do with comparing Gus to CBH?  Like you are doing. That is me looking at CBH solely.

Ok, fair, maybe I did misread you. I've just seen that same point from those defending Harsin, arguing that "we didn't get blown out all the time like we did under Gus!" Which is by and large historical revisionism in the context of last year since the only time we really were blown out under Gus was in Sanford and BDS (and ok, once in BR).

So far, most of my misgivings with Harsin are off the field.

Edited by AUwent
  • Dislike 1

Just now, AUwent said:

Ok, fair, maybe I did misread you. I've just seen that same point from those defending Harsin, arguing that "we didn't get blown out all the time like we did under Gus!"

I haven't seen that but maybe it is out there

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Why did you even bring that up if you weren't implying it was a mark of improvement?

Why did I bring up CBH one season as a way of discussing his future? Really? I guess you want me to discuss what CGM did back in 2015? Who cares. I am speaking of objective data that actually speaks to the CBH tenure at Auburn whether it is good, bad or ugly. The problem is you and your buddies don't do that. Y'all are all over the place with your arguments instead of just saying " I don't support this guy and I don't think he can do it here."

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I haven't seen that but maybe it is out there

Why did I bring up CBH one season as a way of discussing his future? Really? I guess you want me to discuss what CGM did back in 2015? Who cares. I am speaking of objective data that actually speaks to the CBH tenure at Auburn whether it is good, bad or ugly. The problem is you and your buddies don't do that. Y'all are all over the place with your arguments instead of just saying " I don't support this guy and I don't think he can do it here."

Again, 95% of the problems me and "my buddies" have with the current regime so far are off-field.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Again, 95% of the problems me and "my buddies" have with the current regime so far are off-field.

We know, you tell us that in every thread regardless if it has anything to do with the topic at hand. That is why the season needs to get here quickly. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

you tell us that in every thread regardless if it has anything to do with the topic at hand

Ain't that the truth

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

We know, you tell us that in every thread regardless if it has anything to do with the topic at hand. That is why the season needs to get here quickly. 

Every year there's a posse you don't want to mess with....somehow Mikey is the leader of all of them 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Dislike 2

5 hours ago, AUwent said:

Ok, but there has to be tangible signs of progress. We lose god knows how many seniors after this year. Recruiting was terrible even before the investigation, and all the best parts of our staff were leaving left and right.

How long do you think it's fair to give him to reach the magic number 9? 10? etc. Pat Dye, whom so many of you compare Harsin to, won 9 his second year. Tuberville won 9 his second year. (This was when the season was 11 games BTW.)

I agree that we need to be careful hire-wise but there's several people we realistically should be able to get if need be that I think would fit very well. It would be preferable of course for CBH to work out.

as long as he wants.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Facts in that division are also deceiving. Gus will always lose 4 or so a year.

Gus never lost seven. Harsin has him beat in that category.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Every year there's a posse you don't want to mess with....somehow Mikey is the leader of all of them 😂

Throughout life I've always received high marks for leadership. There's no reason why this board should be an exception.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

So it is ok for you to use words which vastly exaggerate your meaning, but it's not ok when my words go barely beyond yours?

Sure, bud, whatever you say.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Throughout life I've always received high marks for leadership. There's no reason why this board should be an exception.

champoy-el-risitas.gif.545de0d904ce7ac508c13de251dc13cc.gif

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

jack-nicholson-laugh2.gif.4488b256a19464c1813129c71184aa7b.gif

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Hold on let me catch my breath...

That's rich.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AUwent said:

I never wanted to fire him after one year, my dude. How many years should we give him to reach that mark, then?

FOUR (4) yrs to build from the foundation up to a championship level SEC program. 

IF this crew can't get it done with in the current landscape of the unlimited Wild West NIL and a wide open transfer portal then Auburn needs to cut bait. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I don't accept subpar coaching and leadership. That's why I so adamantly agreed with Gus being shown the door.

What I *do* accept is that we were in piss poor shape, particularly along the lines. The team had gotten soft because Gus let the players run all over him. So we could either suck it up and give the guy we hired time to round the team into shape, or we can continue to sabotage any positive thoughts about him in effort to tear him down.

Yeah, you sure love Auburn, don't you?

They got soft when we beat the turds, A&M, and the Pac 10 champs year before Covid? But they were real tough last year losing 5 in a row, a losing season, bowl lose to mighty Houston in the Birmingham bowl. Real tough! Just think Harsin had a month, after embarrassing himself as a coach, to prepare a much superior team to play Houston, in Birmingham, our home state and he embarrasses himself one more time.

I know it must be hard on you to hold onto hope that Harsin can somehow pull-off a 7-5 season, so you can pretend it is successful. While wishing and praying for this, please don’t let that complicate the obvious. The obvious is: Harsin was a bad hire!

Yes, I love Auburn enough to truly believe we can do better. Like Bruce and Butch for example! You simply hate Gus, more than you love Auburn, so you don’t care how bad Harsin is, as long as he is not Gus, you are happy.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 2

8 hours ago, JerryAU said:

FOUR (4) yrs to build from the foundation up to a championship level SEC program. 

IF this crew can't get it done with in the current landscape of the unlimited Wild West NIL and a wide open transfer portal then Auburn needs to cut bait. 

I can respect this but we're going to need to see legit progress from year to year.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Mikey said:

Many on here, that you’re writing to, have never been in a leadership position and it’s obvious. So they really don’t understand what you are saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/13/2022 at 6:41 AM, DAG said:

So what does that have to do with comparing Gus to CBH?  Like you are doing. That is me looking at CBH solely. That is all I can do right now. He is our freaking coach. I can only go off one year of his work at auburn. 

And in that one year, he’s failing with his third recruiting class. He’s failed with the portal, he’s certainly failed on the field, he’s failed off the field, he’s failed with hires and fires and coordinators. I don’t get why that is so hard for some of you to understand.

There is one thing he’s been successful at: he’s not Gus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1