Pretty good one on Harsin and Auburn.

AU-24

4 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

1. He's willing to change and adjust

• Gus never did that

2. His offense is not predictive 

• Gus' was

3. He has only coached 1 season. Hold your pejorative comments until after the season

4. The Oline he inherited was not good and coached not to be aggressive

• Wait to see how they will play this year after an entire off season in a new system

5. I never saw him pick his nose on the sidelines!!!!

I don't mind healthy back and forth but there are couple of dudes on this board that I am still trying to figure out how to ignore. 

or play with his nut sack

chew on a case of gum

screaming hurry hurry hurry

we will get butter

we had a good week of practice 

no doubt!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

You make some good points. I just think for the money spent, we could’ve done much better. He even said himself: I learned more last year than in my entire life of football. So why hire a guy that doesn’t have the correct experience etc. but again, you make some good points! Thanks!

are you kidding me.... Bowden Tuberville Gene Arthur those are some top notch coaches huh?

3 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

So far, Harsin is a loser. He has lost ever aspect of the game at this point.

Hopefully he pulls a rabbit out of his butt and turns into the coach Auburn needs. So far, and based off his resume, he isn't the man for Auburn. 

I called for Gus to be fired for years before it happened, but I'd gladly have had last year for a cheaper buyout and hopefully more successful coaching search. 

Greene made the right hire now move on.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

9 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Anybody is obviously welcome to their opinion, but our teams under GM were getting softer and that just doesn’t work in this division of college football. It’s not like he didn’t still lose at UCF with a much easier schedule.

Maybe you should check facts before posting?

At UCF, Gus inherited a team that finished 6-4 the prior year. He led them to a 9-4 record and that included a bowl win over SEC member Florida. 9-4 with a bowl win isn't losing. For that matter, in eight years Gus never had a losing season at Auburn.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Such a great offensive mastermind, schools everywhere have been kicking down the spud's door to get him? 

He has done decent with QBs. I'll give you that.

His only season of big football was a pedestrian year at UTAustin. Moderate improvement then an immediate jump ship to arky st.

He has lost everything at Auburn so far. He gets a moral victory on the new scout, Ike, and retaining caddy/ethridge. Does that make you feel better?

It won’t make him feel better because he wants “feelings and opinions” that are not based on facts.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eaglenest said:

or play with his nut sack

chew on a case of gum

screaming hurry hurry hurry

we will get butter

we had a good week of practice 

no doubt!

Congratulations to the daily winner of: I don’t care how bad of a coach Brian Harsin is, or how bad he brings down Auburn football, bottom line is, he’s not Gus.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

If you want to call it an obsession, the obsession is spending $30 some million plus, (including the coaches we’re nowpaying that Harsin hired then fired before or after one season) to get rid of Gus and staff, to bring in this knucklehead from Boise State. It was time for Gus to go, but if you don’t have a suitable replacement, (or crazy idea, but maybe an even better replacement) keep Gus for another year until someone better is found. If you feel from last season… the off-season issues, recruiting, portal, the handling of assistant coaches and coordinators is an improvement over Gus, maybe you are the one that needs psychological help.

You’re another one that is just so happy Gus is gone, it doesn’t matter how bad Auburn is, as long as Gus isn’t their coach.

Auburn is better without Gus, you are delusional

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You guys love Gus.  Shows you don't know a thing about offensive scheme.

Edited by Didba
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, in the last five games of the season last year, it was obvious he did wonders with TJ, compared to his play at LSU.

Sir, I was talking about how Bo developed.  Nice try, though.

5 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Such a great offensive mastermind, schools everywhere have been kicking down the spud's door to get him? 

He has done decent with QBs. I'll give you that.

His only season of big football was a pedestrian year at UTAustin. Moderate improvement then an immediate jump ship to arky st.

He has lost everything at Auburn so far. He gets a moral victory on the new scout, Ike, and retaining caddy/ethridge. Does that make you feel better?

Don't use strawmen, bud. I never said he was an offensive mastermind. I said his scheme was better than Gus and he developed QBs better than Gus.  I'll give you an A for effort on the strawman though.

You Gus guys just don't get how important a modern scheme is.  The Wing T hasn't been modern since 1985.

Edited by Didba
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dunning-Kruger effect strong with a few in this thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Amen! Your post is the difference between facts and others opinions and feelings. Then when their “opinions and feelings” do not come true, based on facts, they still believe “in their own minds” they are correct. 😂

You are a Gus apologist. Your opinions don't hold weight for anyone with credibility. The only people liking your post are the one who also lack any credibility for being a Gus Apologist.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

It won’t make him feel better because he wants “feelings and opinions” that are not based on facts.

This is so ironic I feel embarrassed for you.

1 hour ago, Didba said:

You are a Gus apologist. Your opinions don't hold weight for anyone with credibility. The only people liking your post are the one who also lack any credibility for being a Gus Apologist.

Your answer to a losing season, losing five games in a row to include a bowl game to the powerhouse Houston, losing and firing assistant coaches that he hired, i.e. coaches that sang and let the cat out of the bag on their way out the door, to include a defensive coordinator that said he was leaving because he didn’t like the way Harsin treated his players, losing recruits to include going -1 on signing day, then canceling his signing day press conference so he didn’t have to face the media, losing way more players to the portal than gained, off the field problems, when discovered no recruits were coming to junior day, he decided 24 hours before junior day to drive to Central high school (all of 45 minutes away) and encourage players to attend…

And I could go on, but I’ll stop there and say: and your answer to anyone upset about this is, they are a Gus apologist?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Didba said:

You are now awarded the second place trophy for:  I don’t care how bad of a coach Brian Harsin is, or how bad he brings down Auburn football, bottom line is, he’s not Gus.

6 hours ago, Didba said:

Don't use strawmen, bud. I never said he was an offensive mastermind. I said his scheme was better than Gus and he developed QBs better than Gus.  I'll give you an A for effort on the strawman though.

You Gus guys just don't get how important a modern scheme is.  The Wing T hasn't been modern since 1985.

You're the one claiming his QB work and scheme are "major bright spots". Unless by major bright spots you mean simply better than Gus? Words matter and my exaggeration is much closer to your words than 'better than gus', so you can screw off trying to claim strawman as a ploy to defend yourself. 

But since you wanna talk about fallacies, Lets discuss your false dicotomy assuming that I'm a Gus guy just because I think Harsin is garbage. I explicitly said Gus should be fired. But that's inconvenient for you so I guess just ignore it. 

6 hours ago, Didba said:

Further, that outdated wing T won a national championship and came within 30s of winning another under Gus. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Didba said:

Auburn would have been better with Gus last year. Both the record AND the vastly reduced buyout. 

Keeping Gus longer to reduce his buyout does more to help the program than wasting money and hiring the Idaho state fair spud king and his band of merry men. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Didba said:

You guys love Gus.  Shows you don't know a thing about offensive scheme.

I've evaluated film of current players, HS, and transfer prospects, broke down film for game planning, etc with 2 different D1 offensive staffs. 1 SEC school and now big named G5.

If you want to play who knows more, I'll gladly play that game. 

Edited by GunsmithAU
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Didba said:

A change from Gus was needed. However, Auburn was not better without Gus. Last season Auburn was worse without Gus. Whether this current staff can ever elevate themselves to Gus's level of success appears doubtful at this time.

I'll admit that Harsin has already accomplished something Gus never achieved. Harsin had a losing season.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Didba said:

This is so ironic I feel embarrassed for you.

Why are you wasting time with some of these posters lol. A couple of them are disliked by majority of people here (on both sides) simply because their annoyance. Your time is much better served with others. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why are you wasting time with some of these posters lol. A couple of them are disliked by majority of people here (on both sides) simply because their annoyance. Your time is much better served with others. 

Lol dude pretty much said he's an college guru 😂😂

On another note how great it is to see a guy who it was said they wouldn't want him to QB here and people suggested he should move to wr become the hottest thing on the market and soon will sign the biggest deal!

I remember on here if a guy was athletic automatically it was assumed he couldn't throw and many didn't want him, now here we are where now all you hear about is a guy being athletic enough to extend plays! Who would have thought 😃

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Your answer to a losing season, losing five games in a row to include a bowl game to the powerhouse Houston, losing and firing assistant coaches that he hired, i.e. coaches that sang and let the cat out of the bag on their way out the door, to include a defensive coordinator that said he was leaving because he didn’t like the way Harsin treated his players, losing recruits to include going -1 on signing day, then canceling his signing day press conference so he didn’t have to face the media, losing way more players to the portal than gained, off the field problems, when discovered no recruits were coming to junior day, he decided 24 hours before junior day to drive to Central high school (all of 45 minutes away) and encourage players to attend…

And I could go on, but I’ll stop there and say: and your answer to anyone upset about this is, they are a Gus apologist?

When they constantly refer to Gus in their rants against Harsin? Yes. Gus Apologist.