Pretty good one on Harsin and Auburn.

AU-24

9 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

This has nothing to do with my attitude toward gus and all to do with your fixation with Gus being fired.  You really need some professional psychological help with your obsession.  You haven't stopped trashing Auburn and Coach Harsin  since Harsin  was hired.

Gus isn't here anymore,  go follow him with your  preoccupation if he is so much more important to you than Auburn.   

Why do you consistently go  out of your way o show everyone how terrible you think Auburn is for hiring Coach Harsin.    Quit having such a defeatist attitude Get over yourself and your obsession with gus or go pull for gus at UCF

Who needs Bama fans when we have "fans" like AU24.

If you want to call it an obsession, the obsession is spending $30 some million plus, (including the coaches we’re nowpaying that Harsin hired then fired before or after one season) to get rid of Gus and staff, to bring in this knucklehead from Boise State. It was time for Gus to go, but if you don’t have a suitable replacement, (or crazy idea, but maybe an even better replacement) keep Gus for another year until someone better is found. If you feel from last season… the off-season issues, recruiting, portal, the handling of assistant coaches and coordinators is an improvement over Gus, maybe you are the one that needs psychological help.

You’re another one that is just so happy Gus is gone, it doesn’t matter how bad Auburn is, as long as Gus isn’t their coach.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Not even trying to be argumentative, but what exactly do we give him credit for? Recruiting? His handling of the portal? The assistant coaches that he hired, and then fired less than a year later. He didn’t fire his defensive coordinator, he left because he said he didn’t like the way Harrison’s treated his players. Some of his off the field actions? I mean what exactly are we supposed to give him credit for? Not getting blown out? I guess that is one thing we can give them credit for.

1. He's willing to change and adjust

• Gus never did that

2. His offense is not predictive 

• Gus' was

3. He has only coached 1 season. Hold your pejorative comments until after the season

4. The Oline he inherited was not good and coached not to be aggressive

• Wait to see how they will play this year after an entire off season in a new system

5. I never saw him pick his nose on the sidelines!!!!

I don't mind healthy back and forth but there are couple of dudes on this board that I am still trying to figure out how to ignore. 

Edited by maryland tiger
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, DAG said:

Maybe he wants to sleep with CBH. He is completely obsessed with the man.

I was never sure if this was a male or female poster

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

why do you hate Harsin so much?  Did he sleep with your  wife?

Harsin isn't Gus. That's why so many hate him.  You see who like his original post?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Actually Gus averaged four losses per year, and they ran him off.  That is part of my point, things are so bad under Harsin, people will be thrilled with a 7-5 season but couldn’t stand Gus going 8-4. If it wasn’t so sad, it would be comical.

Do you actually believe this take?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I was never sure if this was a male or female poster

Let's go non-binary here. They are married to a cheerleader so glad to see this site so accepting if that is the case. But it is sad that we have a "fan" who is openly rooting against our HC. Then he quotes a writer who clearly has an axe to grind.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

The one thing about last season that gives me hope is that Auburn was not blown out like you'd see with Gus' teams. Yes, Auburn got handled pretty well by Georgia, in the second half, but they did that to pretty much everybody last season. Gus had to go and there is no debating that. Be honest, you knew what play was coming when watching Auburn under Gus the last few years. That fact there was enough for him to be let go. He never adjusted his offense and other teams caught on. Harsin has already fired his offensive coordinator and his way of interacting with the players so he is trying to make improvements. Let's give him some credit for that and get behind him.  

My wife knew what play was coming every 3rd down under Gus.  She literally only watches football when I have Auburn on.

• Like 4

Just now, DAG said:

Let's go non-binary here. They are married to a cheerleader so glad to see this site so accepting if that is the case.

That was a weird reply. Did he sleep with your wife?

No my wife was a cheer leader not at Boise st......what?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, meh130 said:

I think it is more accurate to say too often Gus' teams were very inconsistent and underperformed expectations.

I don't know if Harsin is the right coach for the long term at Auburn, and I doubt the PTB will give any coach the time they need, but I do think the Harsin era will benefit the Auburn program long-term.

2014 A&M.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Let's go non-binary here. They are married to a cheerleader so glad to see this site so accepting if that is the case. But it is sad that we have a "fan" who is openly rooting against our HC. Then he quotes a writer who clearly has an axe to grind.

The way they'd root against certain QB's and other players I knew a long time ago actually cheering for the school wasn't on the agenda for them.

Hell they started rooting against the athletic director before the guy's football season started. Who roots against a freaking athletic director? 🤷🏿

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

The way they'd root against certain QB's and other players I knew a long time ago actually cheering for the school wasn't on the agenda for them.

Hell they started rooting against the athletic director before the guy's football season started. Who roots against a freaking athletic director? 🤷🏿

I mean looking the guys liking this junk. The main ones who gave the past coach chance after chance after chance. But they dislike this dude after one year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just wish the defense would have stayed intact......I was really looking forward to it

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I mean looking the guys liking this junk. The main ones who gave the past coach chance after chance after chance. But they dislike this dude after one year.

That's why I don't take a bunch of those guys serious either. The stuff they like just to have someone agree with them. It's pathetic really you can know who will like or dislike a post simply by reading Gus/Bo good or Gus/Bo bad after that start what comes next doesn't matter in the least.

Like come on people let's have a brain and free will. Let's have some conversations......Let's talk football. All that's been on here this summer is some bull s*** reach of a stat that says something like we actually won with this guy whenever we played on the second week of the month and he wore a white shirt with a blue logo. 

Meanwhile we never lost when the old coach drunk a orange Gatorade while wearing a hat making him the all time winningest coach to ever drink Gatorade so who's really the problem the coach or red Gatorade?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's why I don't take a bunch of those guys serious either. The stuff they like just to have someone agree with them. It's pathetic really you can know who will like or dislike a post simply by reading Gus/Bo good or Gus/Bo bad after that start what comes next doesn't matter in the least.

Like come on people let's have a brain and free will. Let's have some conversations......Let's talk football. All that's been on here this summer is some bull s*** reach of a stat that says something like we actually won with this guy whenever we played on the second week of the month and he wore a white shirt with a blue logo. 

Meanwhile we never lost when the old coach drunk a orange Gatorade while wearing a hat making him the all time winningest coach to ever drink Gatorade so who's really the problem the coach or red Gatorade?

I won't lie I have my pettiness and agendas, but I do try to be somewhat objective. The recruiting is subpar for sure. Typically, Auburn really should be able to recruit themselves. Also, there were games we had no business we should be losing. But I also saw some highs last year too. I liked how when CBH came he recovered part of the recruiting class. I do feel like last summer and the aura around the program also hurts recruiting along with sealing the deal ($$$,perception). I have always thought we needed to win and win and win to regain support in unison. There is zero objectivity with some of these guys.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

1. He's willing to change and adjust

• Gus never did that

2. His offense is not predictive 

• Gus' was

3. He has only coached 1 season. Hold your pejorative comments until after the season

4. The Oline he inherited was not good and coached not to be aggressive

• Wait to see how they will play this year after an entire off season in a new system

5. I never saw him pick his nose on the sidelines!!!!

I don't mind healthy back and forth but there are couple of dudes on this board that I am still trying to figure out how to ignore. 

You make some good points. I just think for the money spent, we could’ve done much better. He even said himself: I learned more last year than in my entire life of football. So why hire a guy that doesn’t have the correct experience etc. but again, you make some good points! Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Didba said:

Do you actually believe this take?

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion, but my caution would be: don’t be so happy that Gus is gone, that you except subpar coaching and leadership. But again, you are certainly entitled to make up your own mind etc.

Edited by AU-24

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

If you want to call it an obsession, the obsession is spending $30 some million plus, (including the coaches we’re nowpaying that Harsin hired then fired before or after one season) to get rid of Gus and staff, to bring in this knucklehead from Boise State. It was time for Gus to go, but if you don’t have a suitable replacement, (or crazy idea, but maybe an even better replacement) keep Gus for another year until someone better is found. If you feel from last season… the off-season issues, recruiting, portal, the handling of assistant coaches and coordinators is an improvement over Gus, maybe you are the one that needs psychological help.

You’re another one that is just so happy Gus is gone, it doesn’t matter how bad Auburn is, as long as Gus isn’t their coach.

You need to lookup the definition of obsession.  I don't drone on and on about gus being gone.  I could not care less about  him.  He is no longer the coach at Auburn and never will be again

how does your trying to tear down Harsin help Auburn in ANY way?

I am not the obsessed one.  Take a step back  and look at your post history    talk about an obsession.   

In all seriousness,  get some help.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So far, Harsin is a loser. He has lost ever aspect of the game at this point.

Hopefully he pulls a rabbit out of his butt and turns into the coach Auburn needs. So far, and based off his resume, he isn't the man for Auburn. 

I called for Gus to be fired for years before it happened, but I'd gladly have had last year for a cheaper buyout and hopefully more successful coaching search. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You make some good points. I just think for the money spent, we could’ve done much better. He even said himself: I learned more last year than in my entire life of football. So why hire a guy that doesn’t have the correct experience etc. but again, you make some good points! Thanks!

No way that was just a comment he thought might land well within the circumstances.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion, but my caution would be: don’t be so happy that Gus is gone, that you except subpar coaching and leadership. But again, you are certainly entitled to make up your own mind etc.

What a weird response. 

I am happy Gus is gone because of Gus's sub-par playcalling, leadership,  coaching, and development abilities.  Verdict isn't back yet on Harsin's play-calling, coaching, development, and leadership abilities. However, we do know that Harsin's offensive scheme is better than Gus's (not an opinion either, that is fact), and we know that Harsin's QB development abilities are better than Gus's (also a fact, not an opinion).

33 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Hopefully he pulls a rabbit out of his butt and turns into the coach Auburn needs. So far, and based off his resume, he isn't the man for Auburn. 

I called for Gus to be fired for years before it happened, but I'd gladly have had last year for a cheaper buyout and hopefully more successful coaching search. 

He has lost the aspects of the game? What about QB development and offensive scheme? Two major bright spots on Harsin's resume.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Amen! Your post is the difference between facts and others opinions and feelings. Then when their “opinions and feelings” do not come true, based on facts, they still believe “in their own minds” they are correct. 😂

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

16 minutes ago, Didba said:

What a weird response. 

I am happy Gus is gone because of Gus's sub-par playcalling, leadership,  coaching, and development abilities.  Verdict isn't back yet on Harsin's play-calling, coaching, development, and leadership abilities. However, we do know that Harsin's offensive scheme is better than Gus's (not an opinion either, that is fact), and we know that Harsin's QB development abilities are better than Gus's (also a fact, not an opinion).

Yes, in the last five games of the season last year, it was obvious he did wonders with TJ, compared to his play at LSU.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

41 minutes ago, Didba said:

He has lost the aspects of the game? What about QB development and offensive scheme? Two major bright spots on Harsin's resume.

Such a great offensive mastermind, schools everywhere have been kicking down the spud's door to get him? 

He has done decent with QBs. I'll give you that.

His only season of big football was a pedestrian year at UTAustin. Moderate improvement then an immediate jump ship to arky st.

He has lost everything at Auburn so far. He gets a moral victory on the new scout, Ike, and retaining caddy/ethridge. Does that make you feel better?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1