Pretty good one on Harsin and Auburn.

AU-24

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/LongFormArticle/PMARSHONAU-Sunday-reflections-from-Auburn-football-and-beyond-189910409/

After Bryan Harsin’s first press conference as Auburn’s head coach on Christmas Eve, 2020, I wondered if he had a firm grasp on what he was getting into. I soon became convinced that he did not. He acknowledged as much after a Birmingham Bowl loss to Houston, saying he’d learned more in the previous year than in his entire career.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

31 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

why do you hate Harsin so much?  Did he sleep with your  wife?

No, my Wife is a former cheerleader but not at Boise State.

Let’s see did I write this article? Oh no it was PM. Did I author the other onslaught of articles predicting at best a 6 win season, or did I make the Las Vegas odds? 🤷‍♂️

Oh wait, you don’t care, as long as Gus isn’t the coach, 6-6 or 7–5 is a successful season to you.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Let’s see did I write this article? Oh no it was PM. Did I author the other onslaught of articles predicting at best a 6 win season, or did I make the Las Vegas odds? 🤷‍♂️

Oh wait, you don’t care, as long as Gus isn’t the coach, 6-6 or 7–5 is a successful season to you.

6-6 and 7-5 is what we had with Gus. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

6-6 and 7-5 is what we had with Gus. 

Actually Gus averaged four losses per year, and they ran him off.  That is part of my point, things are so bad under Harsin, people will be thrilled with a 7-5 season but couldn’t stand Gus going 8-4. If it wasn’t so sad, it would be comical.

• Like 8
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Maybe he wants to sleep with CBH. He is completely obsessed with the man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

This has nothing to do with my attitude toward gus and all to do with your fixation with Gus being fired.  You really need some professional psychological help with your obsession.  You haven't stopped trashing Auburn and Coach Harsin  since Harsin  was hired.

Gus isn't here anymore,  go follow him with your  preoccupation if he is so much more important to you than Auburn.   

Why do you consistently go  out of your way o show everyone how terrible you think Auburn is for hiring Coach Harsin.    Quit having such a defeatist attitude Get over yourself and your obsession with gus or go pull for gus at UCF

Who needs Bama fans when we have "fans" like AU24.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 2

47 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Actually Gus averaged four losses per year, and they ran him off.  That is part of my point, things are so bad under Harsin, people will be thrilled with a 7-5 season but couldn’t stand Gus going 8-4. If it wasn’t so sad, it would be comical.

Mark Richt was run off for more wins and now look at the results?!?! the culture at UGA under Richt was equal to Gus at Auburn. Do you remember the Richt and Pruitt fiasco on the sidelines and in the press? it was because Richt ran a soft program. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm telling you, I'd bet a dollar that nobody wants Harsin to succeed more than Roberts. His love for AU aside, imagine if it's true that the boosters want Freeze and being put in that position less than a year on the job... Hugh in the news yet again for more poor judgement. Glad to hear he's a rational guy that doesn't make whimsical decisions 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Mark Richt was run off for more wins and now look at the results?!?! the culture at UGA under Richt was equal to Gus at Auburn. Do you remember the Richt and Pruitt fiasco on the sidelines and in the press? it was because Richt ran a soft program. 

I get what you are saying, but the fiasco with Pruitt was not because Richt was soft.  Pruitt is just not a good person to work with in general.  He causes issues wherever he goes.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I do think it is time we stop bickering about Harsin and get behind him as Fall camp begins.  As fans, there is nothing we can do except cheer for our players.  Even if you do not like Harsin, I know you like our players that will be on that field.  I am sure this subject will be happily waiting for us when the season ends.  Until then, let's get pumped up for the 2022 season!

I firmly agree with this, but doubt very seriously if many of the naysayers will change their approach. But hope springs eternal.

I think the most amusing thing about Harsin is the onrush of new podcasts and blogs going super-homer to get in the door versus the grumpy old has-been podcasts and blogs who have been shown the door. It's almost like listening to 1980's pro-wrestling spots. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

The one thing about last season that gives me hope is that Auburn was not blown out like you'd see with Gus' teams. Yes, Auburn got handled pretty well by Georgia, in the second half, but they did that to pretty much everybody last season. Gus had to go and there is no debating that. Be honest, you knew what play was coming when watching Auburn under Gus the last few years. That fact there was enough for him to be let go. He never adjusted his offense and other teams caught on. Harsin has already fired his offensive coordinator and his way of interacting with the players so he is trying to make improvements. Let's give him some credit for that and get behind him.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

🤔

Man AU24, if it wasn’t for your history on this site it would be really hard to tell the difference between you and the rando bama trolls we get from time to time. Finds a negative article about our head coach and captions it as “this is a good one”. Pretty sad you hate the team you claim to be a fan of so much right now. If you enjoy talking negative things about AU so much you’ll have a lot more fun doing it on a none AU board. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

The one thing about last season that gives me hope is that Auburn was not blown out like you'd see with Gus' teams. Yes, Auburn got handled pretty well by Georgia, in the second half, but they did that to pretty much everybody last season. Gus had to go and there is no debating that. Be honest, you knew what play was coming when watching Auburn under Gus the last few years. That fact there was enough for him to be let go. He never adjusted his offense and other teams caught on. Harsin has already fired his offensive coordinator and his way of interacting with the players so he is trying to make improvements. Let's give him some credit for that and get behind him.  

I was sick of the guy but the whole “Gus got blown out a lot” is overstated. Aside from at UAT and UGA (which, news flash, we didn’t play at last year and do this year). 2015 at LSU was inexcusable of course. I guess you could argue 2016 vs. A&M and Oklahoma. But very rarely was it like 2011-12 where it was over by halftime.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I was sick of the guy but the whole “Gus got blown out a lot” is overstated. Aside from at UAT and UGA (which, news flash, we didn’t play at last year and do this year). 2015 at LSU was inexcusable of course. I guess you could argue 2016 vs. A&M and Oklahoma. But yeah. But very rarely was it like 2011-12 where it was over by halftime.

I think it is more accurate to say too often Gus' teams were very inconsistent and underperformed expectations.

I don't know if Harsin is the right coach for the long term at Auburn, and I doubt the PTB will give any coach the time they need, but I do think the Harsin era will benefit the Auburn program long-term.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, meh130 said:

I think it is more accurate to say too often Gus' teams were very inconsistent and underperformed expectations.

I don't know if Harsin is the right coach for the long term at Auburn, and I doubt the PTB will give any coach the time they need, but I do think the Harsin era will benefit the Auburn program long-term.

I hope so. The PTB has messed up football here for years. Every university has one, but AU’s is widely considered one of the most meddling ones. Anybody is obviously welcome to their opinion, but our teams under GM were getting softer and that just doesn’t work in this division of college football. It’s not like he didn’t still lose at UCF with a much easier schedule. I have little doubt Harsin can coach, but recruiting remains a weakness for him until we see otherwise. I’ve consistently said he deserves 3 years at the least. 

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

I hope so. The PTB has messed up football here for years. Every university has one, but AU’s is widely considered one of the most meddling ones. Anybody is obviously welcome to their opinion, but our teams under GM were getting softer and that just doesn’t work in this division of college football. It’s not like he didn’t still lose at UCF with a much easier schedule. I have little doubt Harsin can coach, but recruiting remains a weakness for him until we see otherwise. I’ve consistently said he deserves 3 years at the least. 

Exactly, my comment that Auburn would benefit from Harsin was directed at the softness under Gus.

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Phil Steele picked them to be the G5 NY6 rep, I believe. 🤢

7 hours ago, aucom96 said:

I think the most amusing thing about Harsin is the onrush of new podcasts and blogs going super-homer to get in the door versus the grumpy old has-been podcasts and blogs who have been shown the door. It's almost like listening to 1980's pro-wrestling spots. 

No joke. A FB neighborhood group for old wrestlers. Terry Funk: "Somebody's dog is in my yard!"

9 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

Not even trying to be argumentative, but what exactly do we give him credit for? Recruiting? His handling of the portal? The assistant coaches that he hired, and then fired less than a year later. He didn’t fire his defensive coordinator, he left because he said he didn’t like the way Harsin treated his players. Some of his off the field actions? I mean what exactly are we supposed to give him credit for? Not getting blown out? I guess that is one thing we can give them credit for.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 4
  • Facepalm 1