Warning To Clarence Thomas

aubiefifty

'The View': Whoopi Goldberg Sends Warning To Clarence Thomas Amid Roe Rollback: 'He Better Hope That They Don't Come For You' With Loving

Trey Mangum
Mon, June 27, 2022 at 11:36 AM

3704f38e1867e73fb8909ff00cd491ec

Whoopi Goldberg has a stern warning for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, saying that a Roe rollback could result in a Loving v. Virginia one as well.

After the dissolution of Roe v. Wade Friday, The View panel talked about the ruling Monday. Goldberg talked about how Thomas' marriage to Ginni Thomas, a white woman, would be illegal if Loving v. Virginia, which struck down individual states' laws against interracial marriage, never happened or got repealed.

Not surprisingly, Thomas left that particular ruling out of his concurring opinion, which hinted at rolling back contraception and privacy rights, as well as same-sex marriage.

“What’s next? As Clarence Thomas is signaling, they would like to get rid of contraception. Do you understand, sir? No, because you don’t have to use it!” Goldberg said, according to Decider. “Well, he better hope that they don’t come for you, Clarence, and say you should not be married to your wife–who happens to be white. Because they will move that, and you better hope that nobody says, ‘you know you’re not in the Constitution, you’re back to being a quarter of a person.'”

Goldberg also said that while she is "very pro-life," she said she's never been "anti-life."

She added, “I want people to have the lives they want, I don’t want to force anybody coming in my house telling me how to raise my daughter and what she needs because they don’t know, and I appreciate everybody’s religion. But I do not subscribe to you religion, and I don’t ask you to subscribe to mine.”

During the same panel, Sunny Hostin surprised everyone by saying she is against abortion, even in the most extreme cases including sexual assault and incest.

But, she added that she is in disagreement with the Supreme Court for striking down people’s right to choose. However, her statement about how extreme her belief is regarding abortion met with swift condemnation from viewers online.

i would laugh my behind off..............

Jeez, Whoopi needs to watch her mouth. 

And this:

10 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

During the same panel, Sunny Hostin surprised everyone by saying she is against abortion, even in the most extreme cases including sexual assault and incest.

But, she added that she is in disagreement with the Supreme Court for striking down people’s right to choose. However, her statement about how extreme her belief is regarding abortion met with swift condemnation from viewers online.

Seems perfectly nuanced. Why the condemnation? 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Jeez, Whoopi needs to watch her mouth. 

And this:

Seems perfectly nuanced. Why the condemnation? 

i like blunt people. people dance too much with feelings of greatness they want everyone to see when they should just get to the point. clarence stepped in it i hope he gets to sweat his marriage some. he has opened the door to the christian right doing away with the pill as well as other forms of birth control. i  can only believe he thinks like many christians claim that women are magically pregnant after sex even tho scientists say "Implantation usually starts about 6 days after fertilization, and takes about 3-4 days to complete. The embryo develops from cells on the inside of the ball." to me this is just another way for the american taliban to force us what we can and cannot do with our lives because many christians say sex out of wedlock is a sin. they will be coming after birth control so what is next? some of you can laugh all you want one of my best friends believes this and he is a preacher. our  youngsters are going to screw up right? i mean we are by design created to procreate are we not? i believe it is something about survival of the species? if has been many years since i have been in a science class but my heart tells me if they are coming for your birth control they do not give a damn about abortion as much as they do control. it really makes me mad because i believe in freedoms some are trying to take away from us. someone tell me how birth control is evil and needs to be outlawed because i just do not understand. you would think if it saved one babies life the christian right would be all for it.

I've never given any thought to what anyone on "The View" has to say. It's just a drama talk show for people who don't have dayjobs. 

That said I do agree that Clarence better watch out. His fellow conservative justices may make him start sitting in the back of the Supreme Court if he keeps helping and encouraging them to roll back the clock on progress. 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I've never given any thought to what anyone on "The View" has to say. It's just a drama talk show for people who don't have dayjobs. 

That said I do agree that Clarence better watch out. His fellow conservative justices may make him start sitting in the back of the Supreme Court if he keeps helping and encouraging them to roll back the clock on progress. 

i do not waste time watching the view but it popped up on my yahoo news feed. AND trump and company gamed the system with the dems basically doing nothing and here we are. and the christians do not care and many of them are arming themselves over worshiping the bible and not jesus. hell i am just about ready to empty savings so i can fight back by buying me one of those assault rifles and if i get a thirty round clip i might be able to hit someone with a bullet or two. i say a lot in jest and some of it you guys get and some do not but here is the gods honest truth as i see it from my view...........many righties are emboldened because they think libs are *******. that is all i hear. well you can add on the commie part. take a good men and fight them by smearing them and enable the guys robbing us blind for the corporate masters. add we are anti gun and the folks swear by the ten commandants are pretty much chomping at the bits to kill em some lefty commie bastards.  the really big mass shooting has not occurred yet but it is coming. remember what i said. and a whole lot of this is the christian right. welcome to my adhd mind coffee but this is how i think. and people can laugh but i thought the hippy era would bring in more peace, love, and understanding. instead they beat us in the street and filled our streets with drugs that are still killing folks today. the america i know and love is dying right before my eyes and i feel helpless.

• Like 1

The View rushes off to the Bahamas as a show of protest only to display full ignorance. The Bahamas has an abortion ban. 🙄

• Haha 1