Are AR-15’s weapons of war? Here’s what a former Fort Benning commander had to say

all i know is i am not sitting around watching kids kid murdered and turned into hamburger because  i want a more powerful gun.this has gotten ridiculous and people are dying all over the country. the point is i think my LIFE trumps any kind of gun some of you cats want. they are not trying to take away all guns. and they are trying to protect our children and all the excuses you guys come up with is a bad look for most if not all of you mostly on the right. and prove me wrong with a yes or no. you are told you can save your childs life or let them die and get a bigger boom stick. it is just that simple. anything else is distraction. and many of you supposed are gonna sit here and argue over what a childs life is worth?

19 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Well that one dude proves my statement that right wingers are more likely to go overboard on guns was way wrong .🙄

That ONE dude isn't alone. Once again it's NOT a right/left issue for A LOT of people. Firearm ownership and collecting is much more than the typical label. 

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

all i know is i am not sitting around watching kids kid murdered and turned into hamburger because  i want a more powerful gun.this has gotten ridiculous and people are dying all over the country. the point is i think my LIFE trumps any kind of gun some of you cats want. they are not trying to take away all guns. and they are trying to protect our children and all the excuses you guys come up with is a bad look for most if not all of you mostly on the right. and prove me wrong with a yes or no. you are told you can save your childs life or let them die and get a bigger boom stick. it is just that simple. anything else is distraction. and many of you supposed are gonna sit here and argue over what a childs life is worth?

All I know is I am not going to sit back and be quiet about an issue that isn't about an object as much as it is about the people committing the act and the environment that has been allowed to manifest over decades which has led to a mere lack of respect for life. Us "cats" see what has happened around the world and more recent just north of us and we don't support it. 

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

All I know is I am not going to sit back and be quiet about an issue that isn't about an object as much as it is about the people committing the act and the environment that has been allowed to manifest over decades which has led to a mere lack of respect for life. Us "cats" see what has happened around the world and more recent just north of us and we don't support it. 

then you are throwing children under the bus. you guys let the assault ban expire. i DARE you to go look and see how much deaths increased since then. want a mortar and rounds? how about a few hand grenades? what about an abram's? where does the madness stop? and we got from you guys is prayers and making fun of kids like those who survived the mass shooting in florida. the right went after him and it was absolutely outrageous.

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

you guys are not doing a damn thing about the mental health side of it either. give me a break.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

then you are throwing children under the bus. you guys let the assault ban expire. i DARE you to go look and see how much deaths increased since then. want a mortar and rounds? how about a few hand grenades? what about an abram's? where does the madness stop? and we got from you guys is prayers and making fun of kids like those who survived the mass shooting in florida. the right went after him and it was absolutely outrageous.

Until you have helped clean up the mass graves in the Balkans after thousands were murdered because they couldn't defend themselves please keep the "moral" high ground to someone else. Our very freedom is based on our ability to defend ourselves from more than the individual breaking in.....but with limits. Those limits haven't stopped evil people from doing evil things. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys are not doing a damn thing about the mental health side of it either. give me a break.

who is "you guys" because I am not a Republican. Haven't been for three decades. 

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

Until you have helped clean up the mass graves in the Balkans after thousands were murdered because they couldn't defend themselves please keep the "moral" high ground to someone else. Our very freedom is based on our ability to defend ourselves from more than the individual breaking in.....but with limits. Those limits haven't stopped evil people from doing evil things. 

thanks for trying but i will not shut up.and the balkans have been doing stupid crap since before ww1.

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

who is "you guys" because I am not a Republican. Haven't been for three decades. 

people that think a gun is worth more than a childs life.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

What have you or the Democrats done about the 30,000 kids taken into trafficking every year....most of which are either killed by their captors or sold into slavery? I can do this all day. 

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

thanks for trying but i will not shut up.and the balkans have been doing stupid crap since before ww1.

Nor will I. Wall meets wall. 

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

and people who think taking my guns will stop mass murder....yeah, nice try.

• Facepalm 2

Just now, autigeremt said:

you need to research the last time assault weapons were banned. it did work. when the law's time ran out mass shootings went up 2/3rds. and it is getting worse. but it is ok if kids die because my gun collection means more. right? that is what you are saying. you are not even doing you just want guns to play with and that never trumps a life. ever.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Historical context.

Despite its seemingly inclusive wording, the Bill of Rights did not apply to all Americans—and it wouldn’t for more than 130 years. At the time of its ratification, the “people” referenced in the amendments were understood to be land-owning white men only. Blacks only received equal protection under the law in 1868, and even then it was purely on paper. Women couldn’t vote in all states before 1920, and Native Americans did not achieve full citizenship until 1924.

https://www.history.com/news/8-things-you-should-know-about-the-bill-of-rights

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

That is not the issue.  I think you know that.

Banning assault weapons does NOT solve the problem.  It does however, decrease the death totals by making the crazies less efficient killers, makes the job of law enforcement easier, less stressful, safer.

To stand in opposition to an assault weapons ban is ignorant and immoral.

Edited by icanthearyou

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

What have you or the Democrats done about the 30,000 kids taken into trafficking every year....most of which are either killed by their captors or sold into slavery? I can do this all day. 

No doubt!

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you need to research the last time assault weapons were banned. it did work.

image.jpeg.2c04af0ca29ed6f5a1dda78ff249da46.jpeg
The TEC-9 was produced from 1985 until 1994, when the model and TEC-DC9 variants were banned nationally in the United States, among the 19 firearms banned by name in the now-expired 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB).

Eric's carbine rifle
Hi-Point model 995 carbine rifle

Eric's sawed-off shotgun
Sawed-off pump-action Savage-Springfield 67H shotgun
Dylan's TEC-DC9
TEC-DC9 9-mm semi-automatic handgun 

Dylan's double-barrel shotgun
The above guns were used in the Columbine school shooting in 1999.  The TEC9 was specifically banned in the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994.  The ban did not work for the children in Columbine Co.  Why do you believe it will work now?
Can you guarantee that no child will be murdered in the school setting just by banning assault weapons again?  There has to be comprehensive legislation that includes school defenses to solve this problem, not just banning guns.
Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Until law makers can find a way to make an ban and preserve the 2nd amendment from future infringement things aren’t going to change. Even if they figure out a way, good luck with the gun lobbies. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Banning assault weapons does NOT solve the problem.  It does however, decrease the death totals by making the crazies less efficient killers, makes the job of law enforcement easier, less stressful, safer.

To stand in opposition to an assault weapons ban is ignorant and immoral.

If a semi-automatic long gun were an assault weapon I would be ok with a "ban".....but it isn't. Banning them now would do what? There's millions of them out there in the public. If I could trust politicians and ideologs I'd be ok with a magazine size limit but I don't. Not in this environment. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

9 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Race bait much?  The Constitution was written for the citizens of the US.  At the time it did not cover slaves and Native Americans. Why would you even bring that in to this conversation?

WTF GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:
The TEC-9 was produced from 1985 until 1994, when the model and TEC-DC9 variants were banned nationally in the United States, among the 19 firearms banned by name in the now-expired 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB).

Eric's carbine rifle

Eric's sawed-off shotgun
Dylan's TEC-DC9

The above guns were used in the Columbine school shooting in 1999.  The TEC9 was specifically banned in the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994.  The ban did not work for the children in Columbine Co.  Why do you believe it will work now?
Can you guarantee that no child will be murdered in the school setting just by banning assault weapons again?  There has to be comprehensive legislation that includes school defenses to solve this problem, not just banning guns.

lol. you do not think guns evolve?. you guys have come up with nothing but prayers and prayers are not protecting our kids. you are telling me along with you buddies your right to a certain style pea shooter is worth more than a childs life and i disagree.. you guys want to take away a womans right on abortion which involves her body and murder but are not willing to rethink your own right to save a born childs life. i get it. but it is a very bad look. which way is it going to be? because while you are flapping those guns people are dying in this country in droves. unborn childs life is sacred but a born one not so much?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Eric's carbine rifle

Eric's sawed-off shotgun
Dylan's TEC-DC9

i missed the bottom part. YOU do not have a guarantee you will wake up this morning or tomorrow morning. arming kids or having one door which works wonders with fire drills. you side is doing nothing and some have made it way easier to get guns. now a lot of folks can carry guns hidden on them without a license. were some going to do it anyway? of course but YOUR side just made it worse.

23 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you need to research the last time assault weapons were banned. it did work. when the law's time ran out mass shootings went up 2/3rds. and it is getting worse. but it is ok if kids die because my gun collection means more. right? that is what you are saying. you are not even doing you just want guns to play with and that never trumps a life. ever.

Do you remember a mass killing that happened during that time period that killed 168 men, women and children? It's not the gun(s). 

21 hours ago, homersapien said:

No doubt!

:rolleyes:

Amazing when someone believes strongly in something isn't it?