The New Face of MAGA

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

to answer your question: Jan. 6, 2020.   And, so far, Trump has gotten away with it, along with the millions of Republicans and - Republican leaders - who maintain the 2020 election was stolen.

Not sure what your point is by posting that article, but if it's meant to assert Trump and his MAGAs don't represent an existential threat to our democracy, it failed.

(And just to clarify, when I say it is prophecy, I don't necessarily mean it will succeed.  I mean the danger of fascism is coming from a segment of the population who consider themselves patriotic and Christian, just as the saying states.)

But back to your point: I think  - if not totally expect - Trump will be defeated when he runs for president in two years.  It's what follows that has me worried.

My point was not to “assert” anything but I understand you love arguments. Just reading from people and organizations with your mindset. Have you seen the Carnegie Strategies? Conclusion of three possible futures.

https://carnegieendowment.org/2022/09/15/five-strategies-to-support-u.s.-democracy-pub-87918

America is approaching three possible futures in the near term.209 These are not far-off prognostications. Instead, they are intended to hold a mirror to a future that is almost here, to show what is likely to solidify. Without significant, fast action, America could start to look like other:

• stable countries run by one political party where voters cannot alter politics,
  • countries run by one political party whose control is upheld by violence, or
  • countries with political stalemates and increased criminal and political violence.

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2022 at 9:05 PM, TexasTiger said:

The next speaker of the House does.

@SaltyTiger update- she’s now the face of the GOP, not just MAGA:

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-donald-trump-marjorie-taylor-greene-congress-ed7fb114dbe45d0cd703d8800c21bfa3

F2874FDA-DF14-456A-BF1B-A446D9484A47.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

That's terrifying. I guess we will be investigating those Jewish Space Lasers some more...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yep, MTG getting this + House GOP is also preparing to put George Santos on some business and space technology committees. 

This House isn't even trying to pretend it's not a clown show. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Well…….Big basketball game tonight. Hoping we play well on the road.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2022 at 3:45 PM, TexasTiger said:

At one point late in his first term he wanted to choose his daughter Ivanka to run for VP in 2020.  He was eventually talked out of it.

Loyalty isn't the most important thing for Trump, it's the only thing.  Hell, he was willing to see Pence murdered because of what Trump saw as his disloyalty.

The Republican party is now slave to the 25-30% (?) of crazy MAGAs in this country.

The sane Republicans realized after Jan. 6 they should have voted to impeach Trump when they had the chance. Hopefully, they will pay the price over the next few election cycles. 

This is exactly why Republicans want to badly to lower election turnout.  Higher the voter turnout, the worse they will do.  And demographics are not in their favor.

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1