Concerning the popo at uvalde

I have a really hard time wrapping my head around the fact that the police at the school shooting were cowards. in fact the cop that handcuffed a mom until she calmed down and then uncuffed her she  jumped a fence and she saved her childrens life if the yahoo article was true. i would just about bet my house it was a management type screw up. in fact in the same article the feds showed up to take down the shooter only to be denied entrance. what the hell? do you guys have any info i might have missed? we all know a bit of fear when we enter a dangerous situation but calling folks cowards is a bit much. there was something wrong going on and parents were begging and screaming for forty minutes to enter the building? there is something terribly wrong here which just makes the tragedy worse. it would appear there is blood on someones hand but who's? how many cops are going to wait outside while children are being killed? seriously? i am concerned because it seems some lives could have been saved that in fact were not.

52 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I have a really hard time wrapping my head around the fact that the police at the school shooting were cowards. in fact the cop that handcuffed a mom until she calmed down and then uncuffed her she  jumped a fence and she saved her childrens life if the yahoo article was true. i would just about bet my house it was a management type screw up. in fact in the same article the feds showed up to take down the shooter only to be denied entrance. what the hell? do you guys have any info i might have missed? we all know a bit of fear when we enter a dangerous situation but calling folks cowards is a bit much. there was something wrong going on and parents were begging and screaming for forty minutes to enter the building? there is something terribly wrong here which just makes the tragedy worse. it would appear there is blood on someones hand but who's? how many cops are going to wait outside while children are being killed? seriously? i am concerned because it seems some lives could have been saved that in fact were not.

The blood is on the hands of the perp. That said, there should have been no hesitation in breaching the door. If the perp is in there with the children and is firing his gun, you have to go now. 

• Like 2

If the perpetrator had a weapon with less fire power, perhaps the police would have been more eager to engage?

Perhaps the police union will stop worrying so much about immunity and, become more concerned with lowering the inherent risk officers face.  In other words, they need to redefine what it is they need protection from.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

19 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

If the perpetrator had a weapon with less fire power, perhaps the police would have been more eager to engage?

Perhaps the police union will stop worrying so much about immunity and, become more concerned with lowering the inherent risk officers face.  In other words, they need to redefine what it is they need protection from.

No chance. 

Police Unions and police in general have a very Conservative/Republican lean. 

Like in height of the covid pandemic more police officers died of Covid than any other cause, yet police and police unions were usually very vocally opposed to any kind of vaccine mandates or even masking in general. Bad, abusive police officers make the job more dangerous for all other police, but that doesn't stop the Unions from defending the bad/abusive cops in every situation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

No chance. 

Police Unions and police in general have a very Conservative/Republican lean. 

Like in height of the covid pandemic more police officers died of Covid than any other cause, yet police and police unions were usually very vocally opposed to any kind of vaccine mandates or even masking in general. Bad, abusive police officers make the job more dangerous for all other police, but that doesn't stop the Unions from defending the bad/abusive cops in every situation. 

Exactly.  That is the point.  The "law and order narrative" is a lie.

The genuine effort to reduce crime would limit the political power of the union and, the Republican Party.  More crime, more police officers, more courts, more prisons is "good" business.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Bad, abusive police officers make the job more dangerous for all other police, but that doesn't stop the Unions from defending the bad/abusive cops in every situation. 

It’s the Unions policy to defend police in instances of violation of policy.  The union is not in the business of determining which cops are *bad or abusive*.  The union’s policy is the union member is innocent and the department has to prove otherwise.  It’s like that for all unions.

On 5/30/2022 at 2:21 PM, icanthearyou said:

If the country hadn’t abandoned its morality the perp might have just went hunting for deer in the fall and nothing more. 

• Facepalm 1

On 5/31/2022 at 5:10 PM, icanthearyou said:

Unqualified support of anything/anyone other than truth/justice is an unethical position.

I’m glad you are opening up about it. 

On 5/31/2022 at 11:54 AM, I_M4_AU said:

It’s the Unions policy to defend police in instances of violation of policy.  The union is not in the business of determining which cops are *bad or abusive*.  The union’s policy is the union member is innocent and the department has to prove otherwise.  It’s like that for all unions.

Interesting how that works isn’t it? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, autigeremt said:

If the country hadn’t abandoned its morality the perp might have just went hunting for deer in the fall and nothing more. 

Morality is not something that is imposed.  It is a reflection of example, moral authority.  The ignorance of the Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman, Austrian Economics, Libertarian anecdotal "intellectualism" does not consider and, will never understand.

If unregulated capitalism, total self-interest, is your religion, you have no true morality. 

The problem is at the top.  The reflection, the consequences are revealed at the bottom.

Restore justice, truth, relative equality.  Without them, there is no legitimate moral authority.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Morality is not something that is imposed.  It is a reflection of example, moral authority.  The ignorance of the Ayn Rand, Milton Friedman, Austrian Economics, Libertarian anecdotal "intellectualism" does not consider and, will never understand.

If unregulated capitalism, total self-interest, is your religion, you have no true morality. 

The problem is at the top.  The reflection, the consequences are revealed at the bottom.

Restore justice, truth, relative equality.  Without them, there is no legitimate moral authority.

You see, you make total sense on subjects like this and then go overboard on other things. 

Truth is that we dont even teach morals anymore. We teach kids about Social Media and Cancel Culture. in America it is whomever screams first and loudest that wins in politics. Very few of the Adults slow down to look at both sides of anything. Hell just look at this forum. It is 90% Mindless Yea My Party!!!! But so is the media in America today. 

Yesterday the Breaking News Chyron at CNN got put on hold for a more robust NEWS over SENSATIONALISM Style. Would you like to guess the reaction of most Democrats and CNN talking heads? We all know that part of the downfall of CNN into obscurity has been its leaving the real news realm for Sensationalism. But hey, most of America wants tabloid crap. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Truth is that we dont even teach morals anymore. We teach kids about Social Media and Cancel Culture.

Do you think that this problem is only here in the United States? Every single country deals with the same crap that we have to deal with but we are the only developed nation to glorify guns over saving innocent lives.

6 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You see, you make total sense on subjects like this and then go overboard on other things. 

Truth is that we dont even teach morals anymore. We teach kids about Social Media and Cancel Culture. in America it is whomever screams first and loudest that wins in politics. Very few of the Adults slow down to look at both sides of anything. Hell just look at this forum. It is 90% Mindless Yea My Party!!!! But so is the media in America today. 

Yesterday the Breaking News Chyron at CNN got put on hold for a more robust NEWS over SENSATIONALISM Style. Would you like to guess the reaction of most Democrats and CNN talking heads? We all know that part of the downfall of CNN into obscurity has been its leaving the real news realm for Sensationalism. But hey, most of America wants tabloid crap. 

thank the heavens we have you to lean back on david. you are a fresh breath of air on these boards. i wish you would start another one so i can be a mod.

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

You cannot "teach" morality, courtesy, integrity.  They must be demonstrated by example.

Seriously? Don't ever label me again. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

Do you think that this problem is only here in the United States? Every single country deals with the same crap that we have to deal with but we are the only developed nation to glorify guns over saving innocent lives.

I tell you what....when all the Liberals start attacking Hollywood for the years and years and years of glorifying mass killings and gun culture I'll begin to take notice. Until then let us attack the root cause of our problems and not a tool used to show ones evil self. 

33 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Seriously? Don't ever label me again. 

I am sorry.  I was not aware that you are above any sort of criticisms.  Please don't become violent.

55 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I am sorry.  I was not aware that you are above any sort of criticisms.  Please don't become violent.

Yes...you are sorry. A sorry excuse 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

No, I don’t know where you got that from.