pair of night games to open 2022 season

aubiefifty

AUBURN, Alabama—Already learning that its week three game against Penn State will be a 2:30 p.m. start on CBS, the Auburn Tigers found out on Thursday that the season will open with a pair of night games against Mercer and San Jose State following the release of the early season TV times by ESPN.

The season opener against the Mercer Bears on September 3 will kick at 6:00 p.m. central time and will be available only via streaming at ESPN3 and SEC Network+. Auburn is 12-0 all-time vs. Mercer with the last meeting coming during the 2017 season. That day the Tigers overcame five turnovers to take a 24-10 victory over the Bears at Jordan-Hare Stadium thanks to 128 yards and three rushing touchdowns by Kam Pettway.

Game two will be another night kickoff when the San Jose State Spartans come to town. Auburn is 2-0 all-time vs. the Spartans with wins in 2014 and 2015. In the last meeting, Peyton Barber ran for five touchdowns in a 35-21 win with the last one coming with just over four minutes left in the game to seal the win. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Mercer with the last meeting coming during the 2017 season. That day the Tigers overcame five turnovers to take a 24-10 victory

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

In the last meeting, Peyton Barber ran for five touchdowns in a 35-21 win with the last one coming with just over four minutes left in the game to seal the win.

Thanks for the reminder of those 2 ugly wins.  I'm tired of those type of wins (and Georgia St. last year). It's time to start blowing out these cupcakes and taking care of business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've gotten to loathe CBS games when I used to love them circa Cam Newton lol. 

We usually pick that game to be embarrassed.  

And why for Penn State.  I wanted to return the atmosphere to them from last year. 

Edited by AUBwins

• WarTiger changed the title to pair of night games to open 2022 season