Marine held captive in Russia condemns 'embarrassing' stunt by Marjorie Taylor Greene

Yahoo TV

Marine held captive in Russia condemns 'embarrassing' stunt by Marjorie Taylor Greene

Tue, May 24, 2022, 2:34 AM

On The Lead With Jake Tapper, Monday, a portion of Tapper’s interview with Trevor Reed and his family aired, in which, they voiced displeasure with the actions of Republican Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene. Reed is the former Marine who returned to the U.S. following a prisoner swap with Russia last month after spending 985 days in a Russian prison on bogus charges. Legislation pushing for Reed’s release was delayed last year due to Greene and other House Republicans.

“I’m gonna go to every single one of their campaigns and thank them personally about that,” Reed said. “Thank them for hurting your ability to get out of prison?” Tapper asked. “Yeah,” Reed said, “thank them for voting against a bill that was only about getting American political prisoners out of Russia. How do you justify that?”

Reed went on to speculate that Russians were pleased with the actions of Greene and the others.

“That’s embarrassing to me that anyone who represents the United States would vote against something like that,” Reed said. “I’m sure that the Russians love that. I’m sure that they’re all big fans of all of those congressmen.”

Reed is now advocating for the release of other Americans held in Russia, including Paul Whelan, the Marine veteran who has spent over 40 months in a Russian prison on alleged espionage charges. Reed promised retribution for anyone in Congress who delays the release of other American prisoners as Greene did.

“I better not ever see that happen again to any other Americans,” Reed said, “because I promise that I will be at every single campaign that that person runs for the rest of their life to tell everyone that they did that.”

The Lead With Jake Tapper airs weekdays at 4 p.m. on CNN.

another day another disgusting post concerning idiot repukes. patriots my ass. i cannot wait for jj's spin on this one.

This witch just easily cruised to a primary win in a district gerrymander to ensure that a Democrat can never win the general election, so we'll get to hear more of her antics in the years to come. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This witch just easily cruised to a primary win in a district gerrymander to ensure that a Democrat can never win the general election, so we'll get to hear more of her antics in the years to come. 

Give her and her party the due they deserve.  She won her primary.  She is what Republican voters are looking for as a leader in government.

• Like 1

Her district is telling us that they don't want a representative in Congress without really saying the words.

Just sent my money in. You should too. Marcus Flowers for Congress (marcusforgeorgia.com)

Good looking, intelligent, educated, well-spoken Black man. I hope GA sees the crazy white woman has to go.

One last statement: If the ADP would run someone like this in Alabama, the ADP might be relevant again. Right now, they are all but a joke. 

If the DNC would find people like this instead of just another bunch of MIC Sellouts, if they could find someone GENUINELY concerned for the middle class again, they would win every election going forward. We know what Republicans are all about kissing Wall Streets Ass'and making sure that they make ever more money and screwing over the middle class. Since Bill Clinton, the DNC has turned into RNC Lite. And the pols have made many many fortunes while they ignore the middle class. trump saw this and exploited it. If the DNC can turn its back on its Elitist donors, they will be in power for the next 30 years. Can they do it? Again, my MSNBC talking head friend, with DNC bona fides, will tell you in private that in DC, there is just one party, the Party of Money. And they could not care less for you and me. War makes them $$$ and they want basically perpetual war. Its their new business model.

Edited by DKW 86