Meet the New Tigers: Jay Fair - The Texan Tiger with Speed

Zeek

https://barningknight.substack.com/p/meet-the-new-tigers-jay-fair?r=bcms0&s=w&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

The series continues! I'm going to post them Monday-Thursday and give myself a three day weekend. Thank you guys for the continued support. I'm excited for Fair to bring some top tier speed while also being thicker than a lot of our slot options.

JayFair.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Awesome stuff. I'm really excited about this guy. Seems to be in the same mold as Jarquez. No nonsense, underrated baller that finds a way to make an impact. I won't be surprised if he's one of the few frosh to see the field quite a bit this fall

• Like 1

Has great ability to create separation. Utilizing head fakes, feints, and understanding leverage he isn’t just a burner. This can be hard to teach high school kids that are used to being more athletic than their competition.

That's a really big deal, IF...

His route running, at least as shown on film, is incredibly basic. There is not a lot of evidence to show whether or not he can make sharp cuts and utilize proper footwork. This isn’t to say he can’t, just that it is an unknown and something he’ll have to develop moving forward.

...doesn't turn out to be too much of a hindrance. If that's how it works out, I suspect he's going to burst on the scene very quickly, because it will mean he's getting good separation, and I'm counting on us finding a reliable QB to take advantage of those kinds of things.

• Like 1