Buffalo Shooter's White Supremacist Fixation Ties Him to Modern GOP

10 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Anyone want to answer me this or will it continue to be ignored for the sake of "ideology"? 

Because red flag laws aren't 100% effective and all it takes is one mass shooter slipping through? :dunno:

Evidently, one of the problems with them is lack of education and/or funding, including law enforcement:

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2021/10/05/red-flag-laws-are-saving-lives-they-could-save-more

Personally,  given our gun culture and lack of regulation,   I think we will always have such tragedies, probably at an increasing rate.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/811487/number-of-mass-shootings-in-the-us/

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Personally,  given our gun culture and lack of regulation,   I think we will always have such tragedies, probably at an increasing rate.

The more inequity grows, the more incivility and violence can be expected.

23 hours ago, cole256 said:

Hilarious. Old white men who has the advantage of being treated fairly sit on their perch and tell people that get persecuted how it doesn't exist. Idiot indeed

Except no one is saying that, but carry on. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cole256 said:

How stupid is this? Ok. Racism doesn't exist because I don't keep them in my personal social circle......I guess it's like the ol I have one token black friend in reverse 😂

No one stated that. :no:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

for you to say it does not exist

Except no one stated it doesn't exist. Good grief.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Funny, it is always the tacit racists who deny, defend, equivocate, excuse the racism.

I have been observing it since I was a child.

Or hearing it:

"I'm not racist. (Wouldn't want to marry one though.)"

Edited by homersapien

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Funny, it is always the tacit racists who deny, defend, equivocate, excuse the racism.

Nothing funny about such a thing. Sad to see you infer it.

• Like 1

https://www.foxnews.com/us/buffalo-mass-shooting-suspect-wore-hazmat-suit.amp

This doesn’t look like a kid radicalized by right wing news. It looks like a kid starving for attention. What gets more attention these days than racism, white supremacy? The demand far, far outweighs the supply. Something to think about.
    I’m sick about these 13 families that are forever broken by this sick bastard. The guy, ex cop who shot back is a damn hero, I have on my FB page. I can’t imagine how sick race hustlers and white liberal saviors would feel if they learn that their own ridiculous need to keep the hustle alive actually played a role. 

• Facepalm 1

Just getting caught up on this thread, but it seems odd to me that 3 pages in and no one mentions that the shooter is a self described leftist.  Not all white supremacists are right wing.   As a matter of fact, the most prolific racists that have attempted genocide were all leftists.  

Regardless of ideology, this idiot needs to be executed.  Would have preferred it by the arresting officers as that would have saved a lot of taxpayer money, but he needs to be exited from society, for good.  

• Dislike 1

Yall need to read this clown's diary. I got an AP Story yesterday that outlined his beliefs in his own words. He disliked Carlson, thought he was a Leftist and cited 4 reddits and subreddits that he BLAMED on his radiclaization.

Online diary: Buffalo gunman plotted attack for months | AP News

This is not the one I read but is close.

Buffalo suspect appeared to be making online to-do list related to the shooting (nbcnews.com)

Closer still. The guys reddit and subreddit reading HE BLAMES for his views. I year into the planning he wonders what he would be if it werent for his attraction to reddits and subreddits. 

Think this is it:

Buffalo Shooter’s Personal Diary Is Pretty Clear About His Sources Of Inspiration | The Daily Caller

• Buffalo shooter Payton Gendron said his beliefs were inspired by websites Reddit and 4chan, which he began using during COVID-19, and listed his favorite subreddits in his personal diary.
  • Media outlets blamed Tucker Carlson and Republicans for inspiring the shooter, but he condemned Republicans in his diary, never mentioned Carlson and expressed that he was politically left-leaning. 
  • “I almost spent a year planning this attack … Oh how time flies, if I could go back maybe I’d tell myself to get the **** off 4chan,” he wrote in one diary entry. 
Edited by DKW 86

The 18-year-old who was charged in the Saturday shooting deaths of ten people in a Buffalo, New York, supermarket revealed in his diary that his radical beliefs originally developed in communities on 4chan and Reddit

Before the shooting, which occurred in a predominately black neighborhood, Payton Gendron published a 106-page manifesto online describing himself as a “white supremacist” and “anti-Semite.” Gendron said explicitly in his diary that he developed his beliefs from 4chan and Reddit after the start of the pandemic.

“My current beliefs started when I first started to use 4chan a few months after covid started. Many of which I got from 4chan’s /pol/ page and links found in /nsg/ and threads like that,” he wrote in a diary entry labeled Jan. 30, referring to 4chan discussion forums.

Gendron also credited Reddit with forming his beliefs and listed several Reddit forums in which he frequently posted. (RELATED: FLASHBACK: Times The Media And Democrats Openly Cheered ‘Replacement Theory,’ Which They Now Call Racist.

“Of course, many of my beliefs come from reddit too. Many subreddits I joined have been banned but they show up on r/AgainstHateSubreddits all the time,” he wrote Jan. 30. “One’s that are still around include r/greentext, r/4chan, r/PoliticalCompassMemes, r/SocialJusticeInAction, r/LoveForLandlords, and r/AntiHateCommunites, of which I am actually in their discord.”

Numerous media organizations attempted to link Gendron with the Republican Party and prominent conservatives like Tucker Carlson for inspiring Gendron while largely overlooking the shooter’s own words, in which he blamed online forums including Reddit and 4chan while condemning the Republican Party.

NBC News’ Ben Collins said Carlson is someone “directly trying to preach” to extremists like the Buffalo shooter, while a Rolling Stone commentary piece said the shooter was a “mainstream Republican,” and a Washington Post piece linked his ideology to Carlson and two other Republicans. A New York Times article also blamed Carlson for promoting “replacement theory,” the idea that elites are replacing white Americans with immigrants to gain political power, which was referenced by Gendron in his diary.

Some of these commentators speak frequently about online disinformation and the importance of stopping the spread of conspiracy theories. Collins writes about misinformation and extremism for NBC News and frequently expresses concern about the potential real-life consequences of online misinformation, tending to apply the “disinformation” and “conspiracy” labels to groups and arguments on the right side of the aisle.

“It makes no sense how democrats and republicans see themselves so differently from each other yet they have 95% of the same views,” Gendron wrote Feb. 19. “Ascend into eco fascism my brothers.”

“Same things applies with democrats vs republicans. Both are controlled by Jews,” he wrote March 7.

Gendron shared what appear to be the results of a quiz which showed his political views to be far-left and slightly authoritarian.

“I don’t think this is that inaccurate to my political beliefs. I tend to have quite a mix between conservative and progressive values though,” he wrote.

“I tend to be progressive when it comes to development of science but conservative when it comes to culture,” he wrote in another post.

Gendron said he had used a Reddit page about mass killers to plan out his attack in a March 31 post.

“Look at what people did before tou, [sic] I’m trying to find info on other mass shooters and see what they did and what to improve on. r/masskillers is very helpful,” he wrote. “Imagine if I went in on March 15 not knowing my gun wasn’t properly lubed and I had a failure to feed on every shot I took, that would be quite embarrassing.”

At one point Gendron speculated that he could have gotten off 4chan and had a normal life.

“I almost spent a year planning this attack,” he wrote April 26. “Oh how time flies, if I could go back maybe I’d tell myself to get the **** off 4chan and worldtruthvideos and get an actual life. Too late for that now.”

A moderator for r/SocialJusticeJusticeInAction told The Daily Caller News Foundation he was unaware of the subreddit being mentioned in the shooter’s diary prior to the inquiry and said the subreddit does not tolerate racism or bigotry.

Reddit, 4chan and the moderators of the subreddits r/AgainstHateSubreddits, r/greentext, r/4chan, r/PoliticalCompassMemes, r/LoveForLandlords and r/masskillers did not respond to TheDCNF’s requests for comment.

17 hours ago, GoAU said:

Just getting caught up on this thread, but it seems odd to me that 3 pages in and no one mentions that the shooter is a self described leftist.  Not all white supremacists are right wing.   As a matter of fact, the most prolific racists that have attempted genocide were all leftists.  

Regardless of ideology, this idiot needs to be executed.  Would have preferred it by the arresting officers as that would have saved a lot of taxpayer money, but he needs to be exited from society, for good.  

Are you seriously suggesting that "replacement theory" is being pushed by the left wing of our politics?

I don't care if this particular racist did "describe himself" as a "leftist" that's pure nonsense. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Yall need to read this clown's diary. I got an AP Story yesterday that outlined his beliefs in his own words. He disliked Carlson, thought he was a Leftist and cited 4 reddits and subreddits that he BLAMED on his radiclaization.

Online diary: Buffalo gunman plotted attack for months | AP News

This is not the one I read but is close.

Buffalo suspect appeared to be making online to-do list related to the shooting (nbcnews.com)

Closer still. The guys reddit and subreddit reading HE BLAMES for his views. I year into the planning he wonders what he would be if it werent for his attraction to reddits and subreddits. 

Think this is it:

Buffalo Shooter’s Personal Diary Is Pretty Clear About His Sources Of Inspiration | The Daily Caller

• Buffalo shooter Payton Gendron said his beliefs were inspired by websites Reddit and 4chan, which he began using during COVID-19, and listed his favorite subreddits in his personal diary.
  • Media outlets blamed Tucker Carlson and Republicans for inspiring the shooter, but he condemned Republicans in his diary, never mentioned Carlson and expressed that he was politically left-leaning. (Carlson)
  • “I almost spent a year planning this attack … Oh how time flies, if I could go back maybe I’d tell myself to get the **** off 4chan,” he wrote in one diary entry. 

Thanks for posting, but doubt it does much good. In fact, doubt its read in its entirety by many driven by media narratives. Us vs them. Politics vs facts. 

12 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Thanks for posting, but doubt it does much good. In fact, doubt its read in its entirety by many driven by media narratives. Us vs them. Politics vs facts. 

I know. The fact that this crazy ass kid identifies as a Left Authoritarian and while describing his influencers ad nauseum never once mentions Fox, Carlson, Trump. nor any Republican, BBBUUUTTT several famous media people bloviated as they do supporting a media-party narrative that actually has an inverse relationship to reality. Never mind waiting for the corrections, nor the update, nor the in depth investigation here. They are never coming. No one gives a s*** about accuracy any more even when the guys 'manifesto, diary, and posts are there for all to see. You dont have to wait for them to be released by the courts nor FOIA Request. You and the media can see them for yourselves today. No one really cares about the truth however. They only care who WHO WON THE NEWS CYCLE? 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, homersapien said:

Are you seriously suggesting that "replacement theory" is being pushed by the left wing of our politics?

I don't care if this particular racist did "describe himself" as a "leftist" that's pure nonsense. 

No, what I am telling you is that this guy is a a self described leftist.  Racists can be found on both sides of the aisle.  Their (stupid) beliefs are not tied with one party and that’s the danger of throwing the term around as a political smear against opponents 

4 minutes ago, GoAU said:

No, what I am telling you is that this guy is a a self described leftist.  Racists can be found on both sides of the aisle.  Their (stupid) beliefs are not tied with one party and that’s the danger of throwing the term around as a political smear against opponents 

Brother, if you think for one second that anyone on this forum, especially homey, is going to take a breath, LOOK AT THE FACTS AND CHAGE THEIR MINDS, you are stoned.

We should change the name of this forum to Yea MY Party!!!!! Facts Be Damned!!!!!!

• Dislike 1