2022 Transfer Big Johni Broome SIGNS WITH AU!!!

ellitor

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Absolutely he is. I don't blame him. You so and say whatever it takes to get a guy on campus but I just see no way either can be a effective 4. Both are traditional 5's who I can't see being versatile enough to play the 4. Especially defensively.

Castleton is lunch money playing out on the wing for extended periods, which’ll definitely happen often with how many 4s nowadays are essentially wing players 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think UF could offer the kid more touches maybe, but it’s like picking between two Ls if thats what was a deal breaker for you. Either you have less touches on a potentially solid team or you have less minutes on a potentially not very solid team 

Either way, I’m not sure what went into the evaluation process for this kid.  These should not have been the two teams you ended up with based on my interpretation of events 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

riticizing the coach, “slow-playing”

Has anyone criticized Bruce yet for slow playing Broome?

• Thanks 1

Well, I'm on record in this thread saying it sounded crazy. Still don't understand it.  Now if we don't get JP, we will really be sorry.  And yeah, no matter what Florida is telling Broome, Castleton is going to eat his minutes. Florida wants him for the next year. Auburn is a much better fit.

Edited by Cardin Drake

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Has anyone criticized Bruce yet for slow playing Broome?

Speaking in broad general terms without getting into specifics, there's criticism (not strong criticism) and questioning of Pearl out there for a multitude of things...shows how far the program has come.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Still don't understand it

We need a shooter more than Broome & a scoring wing (Phillips) more than Broome. Staff now ready to take Broome tells me they likely don't feel we are going to find a deep shooter at this point.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think UF could offer the kid more touches maybe, but it’s like picking between two Ls if thats what was a deal breaker for you. Either you have less touches on a potentially solid team or you have less minutes on a potentially not very solid team 

Either way, I’m not sure what went into the evaluation process for this kid.  These should not have been the two teams you ended up with based on my interpretation of events 

Why shouldn't Auburn of been one of the teams he is down to? Day 1 starter on a potentially really good team at the position he flourishes at and he will have room to operate with us having way more of a stretch 4 playing the PF position than he would at Florida where it will be a nightmare spacing wise in the paint with him and Castleton.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardin Drake said:

Well, I'm on record in this thread saying it sounded crazy. Still don't understand it.  Now if we don't get JP, we will really be sorry.  And yeah, no matter what Florida is telling Broome, Castleton is going to eat his minutes. Florida wants him for the next year. Auburn is a much better fit.

Was it us slow playing him or him slow playing us? Because if he ends up at a much worse basketball situation than us. He clearly just wanted to go home all along no matter what. That and the nil money was more.

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We need a shooter more than Broome & a scoring wing (Phillips) more than Broome. Staff now ready to take Broome tells me they likely don't feel we are going to find a deep shooter at this point.

Yes, I understood the reasoning, but it seemed crazy because we didn't have a deep shooter identified, much less targeted. Bird in hand and all.  Center is still a position of need.  Slow playing him was a mistake, and I'm sure the coaches  know it.  Regardless, in Bruce we trust.  Nobody's perfect. And Gwill brings up a good point. I'm sure we had to prioritize NIL money.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why shouldn't Auburn of been one of the teams he is down to? Day 1 starter on a potentially really good team at the position he flourishes at and he will have room to operate with us having way more of a stretch 4 playing the PF position than he would at Florida where it will be a nightmare spacing wise in the paint with him and Castleton.

My interpretation for why he would pick Florida over Auburn is that he would get more touches. If touches is what matters to him, than he shouldn’t have considered Auburn at all. Accordingly, he also shouldn’t pick Florida if he’d like to get many minutes. I think they can find him ~22 minutes a game, but I think he could find that anywhere and without compromising his chances to succeed. There’s probably factors outside of minutes and touches for why he picked either school, though

This is all just guesstimating, assuming and trying to get in a college student’s head. Auburn is a better opportunity than Florida for him, but if he’s trying to look like “the man”, then he’s not going to be that either place, that’s all I meant 

• Thanks 1

Even if Bruce missed out on both, I don’t think he had a bad cycle. Even with getting Sills, missing out on Alexander bc of Sills (potentially), then losing Sills and the GLeague calling Scoot, I don’t think he had a bad cycle last year  

If someone were to be disappointed we lose out on these two studs, I hope that we can all acknowledge Bruce still had a good cycle 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Even if Bruce missed out on both, I don’t think he had a bad cycle. Even with getting Sills, missing out on Alexander bc of Sills (potentially), then losing Sills and the GLeague calling Scoot, I don’t think he had a bad cycle last year  

If someone were to be disappointed we lose out on these two studs, I hope that we can all acknowledge Bruce still had a good cycle 

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE STOP BRINGING UP SILLS!!!!!!!!!!! lol LAWWWWWWD. Desi Sills parents are going to get a restraining order for you to stay away from their son!!!! lmao. You are a even bigger fan of him than they are. 

• Haha 5

46 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In a serious response if we miss on both then I think we will still look to finish up this class if they can find good enough players in the portal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Was it us slow playing him or him slow playing us? Because if he ends up at a much worse basketball situation than us. He clearly just wanted to go home all along no matter what. That and the nil money was more.

Do we know either one of these for certain?

because we didn't have a deep shooter identified

@Cardin DrakeSaid before there weren't hardly any great shooters in the transfer portal this year. As for 2023 the staff knows much more about any of them that may reclass than we would.

Center is still a position of need. 

Matter of opinion. DC isn't the player on O Broome is but he is a solid defender & shot blocker. Plus Traore & Jaylin can give solid minutes there also.

I'm sure we had to prioritize NIL money.

Doubt it. Out boosters run it now & can give whatever they want. There's no university fund NIL has to come from.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Do we know either one of these for certain?

Not the portal but the closest thing I have seen is we would push big time for Elijah Fisher if he re classifies to the class of 22.

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

In a serious response if we miss on both then I think we will still look to finish up this class if they can find good enough players in the portal.

The deadline to enter this portal was this week iirc, so I figure there should be an abundance of options coming up 

• Like 1

Anyone know how he plans to announce his decision? 

image.gif.1178ca99c0b6d551fe76917613f8f5b0.gif

image.gif.8d6646c3208d3e80756f591acbf99f1b.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• TexasTiger changed the title to 2022 Transfer Big Johni Broome— Auburn Commit!