Harsin learning and improving

McLoofus

23 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys miss the point. mikey caught hell over gus and people rode him really hard. i have no idea if he deserved it or not but all he is doing is taking shots back. that is my take on this and he will probably ride that horse until harsin proves on the field he is a winner.

Now that's good stuff

Just now, cole256 said:

Now that's good stuff

of course it is. you even seem to be trying since you have not called me names like you do me or anyone you disagree with. you have a wonderful day and i hope it seriously goes your way.

16 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys miss the point. mikey caught hell over gus and people rode him really hard. i have no idea if he deserved it or not but all he is doing is taking shots back. that is my take on this and he will probably ride that horse until harsin proves on the field he is a winner.

You are so right, Carl.

21 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Skepticism/negativism seems to be your normal take on anything related to AU football. You exercise those muscles well. You must be in summer workouts to get ready for fall.

Not always. I had predicted/expected a record of 10-2 for the 2021 season.  It's there in the pre season prediction thread if anyone cares to look. There were solid reasons to expect a highly successful season in '21, specially since were were supposed to be getting better coaching. Instead, AU finished 6-7 and on a five game losing streak. Failures such as that will dry up the optimism about the capabilities of this staff up in a hurry.

Just now, Mikey said:

You are so right, Carl.

Not always. I had predicted/expected a record of 10-2 for the 2021 season.  It's there in the pre season prediction thread if anyone cares to look. There were solid reasons to expect a highly successful season in '21, specially since were were supposed to be getting better coaching. Instead, AU finished 6-7 and on a five game losing streak. Failures such as that will dry up the optimism about the capabilities of this staff up in a hurry.

yessir i have seen it and tho some folks try to call me a liar in a nice way it is not a good look. i will stand by you and your right to post just like everyone else on here does. and they pile on. it might be even now with the back and forth as you are giving it back a lot more than you did. hope things are well for you mikey!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

of course it is. you even seem to be trying since you have not called me names like you do me or anyone you disagree with. you have a wonderful day and i hope it seriously goes your way.

You will do a lot better when you realise the difference between opinion and fact. 

A bunch of talk yet you have never pointed out a time of me actually calling you or anybody else a name without being insulted first.

I'm glad to see you may be toughening up though and understanding it doesn't hurt if someone disagrees with you.

It's just funny how you seem to always be Mikey's white knight and don't realize the irony when you come at me.......yeah Mikey caught hell from people randomly😂

You have a good one bud

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, cole256 said:

You will do a lot better when you realise the difference between opinion and fact. 

A bunch of talk yet you have never pointed out a time of me actually calling you or anybody else a name without being insulted first.

I'm glad to see you may be toughening up though and understanding it doesn't hurt if someone disagrees with you.

It's just funny how you seem to always be Mikey's white knight and don't realize the irony when you come at me.......yeah Mikey caught hell from people randomly😂

You have a good one bud

does this mean we can be best buds now? if we do this lets do it quick. i am gonna get a buzz and go play elder scrolls on line...................

18 hours ago, Carnell said:

I think this relating to players is way overdramatzied.   I have seen coaches that are considered players coaches.  Some were very good and some were very bad.  I have seen coaches that were considered aloof standoffs and nothing but business coaches again some were good and some were bad.  

What is going to determine whether Harsin succeeds is whether he can adapt to the SEC.  He has to recruit at a high level, he has to be able to implement SEC style game plans and be able to recognize what our opponents are running defensively and call plays to take advantage of those defensive.  That is going to be the determinant factor of whether Harsin succeeds at Auburn.

I wonder if the “overreaction” to Harsin’s relatability issues is due to the Auburn recruiting pitch of being family. For years, that’s been the main selling point. We’re not a soulless football factory like Tuscaloosa. At Auburn, you’re part of a tight knit group that genuinely cares about each other. Players were recruited under this philosophy with Gus, and some of those players didn’t know how to adjust when Harsin was more business like in his approach. 

• Like 1

I'm not surprised a guy would need to alter his approach and focus as much on the people aspects of their jobs as the X's and Os.  We get our priorities done thru people....not at the expense of them.  I think that happens to every hard charger at some point in their career.  It usually starts to happen naturally when you get married and start having your own kids.  What person doesn't want to talk about what little Mary or Johnny did over the weekend at TBall.  This opens up the conversation from the others side and invites folks to talk about what's important...ups, downs, highs, lows; is what makes us all human. 

What I'm surprised about is it took him having to be hit over the head with a hammer at age 45 to figure that out.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

SEC style game plans and be able to recognize what our opponents are running defensively and call plays to take advantage of those defensive.

I’m not even sure what this means.   What exactly is a SEC style game plan? 
I think people are putting way too much into this.   CBH will be judged on winning or losing.   It’s really that simple.   If he is winning at a good enough rate, that means he is recruiting the right people and his philosophy is sound.   And if he is losing, the opposite is true.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I’m not even sure what this means.   What exactly is a SEC style game plan? 
I think people are putting way too much into this.   CBH will be judged on winning or losing.   It’s really that simple.   If he is winning at a good enough rate, that means he is recruiting the right people and his philosophy is sound.   And if he is losing, the opposite is true.   

Ummm I didn’t say that.