Dee Davis Transfer Portal

WFE12

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's possible but you could say that about any player. Only so many get to play. I'm mostly just talking odds here. 

And as many concerns as I have with Harsin, I trust his QB evaluations much more than Gus'. 

I can agree about Harsin vs Gus. He's still questionable for me at this point on QB evaluations. This upcoming season should tell us all more. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Ok. I get you are not nor have you been high on DD. Yes there have been consistent reports about his accuracy. 

I know he doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but this notion that he can't throw it 35 yards or trying to say that it took "everything he had" to get it 35 yards is absolutely false. There is plenty of evidence to disprove this claim. 

Ok, "he put his entire body and stride" into it and got it 35 yards.  He doesn't much arm talent at all.

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ok, "he put his entire body and stride" into it and got it 35 yards.  He doesn't much arm talent at all.

Can't believe I'm jumping into this, but are you referring to this throw?

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I would like to ask this:  What number of players transferring out do we start to become legitimately concerned?  Out of all of the coaches who took over a program at the same time as Harsin, Auburn leads in players transferring out.  Ro Torrence has also left, which many thought was a real talent before his injury.  We are having trouble filling out a legitimate two-deep roster for this upcoming season as it is.

This is happening all over the college football landscape. Kids are transferring left and right.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

I would say no QB does well in any Gus O at Auburn past 2014. Using Gus's terrible scheme and play design at Auburn leads to any QB being unsuccessful.

No, please keep going. I could read this stuff all day

1 hour ago, cbo said:

I enjoy the feisty version of Big Bird.

Should've seen me before I became a MOD. I've reigned it in a lot.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Needs more violence and nudity IMO

SimpleClumsyJoey-size_restricted.gif

46 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Ok. I get you are not nor have you been high on DD. Yes there have been consistent reports about his accuracy. 

I know he doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but this notion that he can't throw it 35 yards or trying to say that it took "everything he had" to get it 35 yards is absolutely false. There is plenty of evidence to disprove this claim. 

Here's a 55 harder. You decide how weak...

https://youtu.be/BKRBuHk3-ks

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Here's a 55 harder. You decide how weak...

https://youtu.be/BKRBuHk3-ks

Just b/c someone can throw a hail mary 50 yards with a 10 yard running head start where he nearly fell forward from momentum doesn't mean they truly have a strong arm.  

Mike Vick could throw it 60 flicking his wrist rolling out sideways.  Distance != pure arm strength and velocity for tight windows/proper arc/etc.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here is a strong arm.  Now compare this to DD running 10 yards forward, entire body behind the ball, launching forward.  50 yard pass.

Here's Calzada in the pocked, 1 step easy clean calm motion and it goes from the ~22 to the ~22 for 55+ yards in the air.  That's arm strength.  Easy effort, huge velocity and distance.

Just watch the difference in effort between DD and Calzada.  The difference in effort is huge.

I hope we get to see some QB doing something like this for Auburn.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Please tell me how do you know this for a fact? FACTS. How do you know Harsin didn't play him simply because he didn't have in game experience? You don't know for fact. No one does. 

You can say that NOW about Malik since he's going to be a top drafted QB. But did you have the same comments about Malik BEFORE going to Liberty and playing? If so, please show me where you stated such. If not, then like i said..he got an opportunity. He was buried on the depth chart at AU. Kyler Murray is short..did you say the same about him?

All i'm saying is let's not resort to saying a QB wasn't any good without ANY live game performances to back up that statement. There could be a number of reasons why he didn't play. 

I may have not conveyed it well, but my argument is that Harsin's history of starting two true freshmen QB's at Boise is pretty good proof that the dude is not against playing guys with no experience. I agree with most of what you say.

If this was a huge mistake by Harsin, which is certainly possible, I'd imagine he'll be quickly scooped up by P5 school or somewhere like Liberty with a known coach and quickly start and have major success like other notable QB mis-evals (Malik, Fields, Burrow, etc). But I don't think it's fair to say that Harsin wouldn't play him just because he had no college experience. His history shows quite the opposite 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, au302 said:

I may have not conveyed it well, but my argument is that Harsin's history of starting two true freshmen QB's at Boise is pretty good proof that the dude is not against playing guys with no experience. I agree with most of what you say.

If this was a huge mistake by Harsin, which is certainly possible, I'd imagine he'll be quickly scooped up by P5 school or somewhere like Liberty with a known coach and quickly start and have major success like other notable QB mis-evals (Malik, Fields, Burrow, etc). But I don't think it's fair to say that Harsin wouldn't play him just because he had no college experience. His history shows quite the opposite 

Point well taken. I also understand not wanting to put DD or even someone like Grant in a bad situation.

However, I do think it's different in the SEC than Boise. I guess what makes me question Harsin is that we didn't even try to put in a QB when TJ was on one leg. Again, I'm giving Harsin a chance this season to stomp out some conceived notions from last season. There's always a chance of guys getting hurt. So as long as guys are on the roster, they should be able to do the basic needed at the position. 

Edited by WarEagle1983
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, au302 said:

Not sure he was ever a mis eval. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Just b/c someone can throw a hail mary 50 yards with a 10 yard running head start where he nearly fell forward from momentum doesn't mean they truly have a strong arm.  

Mike Vick could throw it 60 flicking his wrist rolling out sideways.  Distance != pure arm strength and velocity for tight windows/proper arc/etc.

I agree with this, I thought myself seemed like the running start helped him get distance on that throw. I don't know enough about QB mechanics to know if that matters. 

Edited by Didba

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Your being lazy with this assessment. There are plenty of videos of him throwing further. He threw a 44 yard dart off his back foot in HS that I remember off hand. He has about a 55 yard arm which is average for a college QB. There have been some pretty good QB in college that couldn't throw it that far. Cade McNown was one of the weakest armed QBs I have ever seen in college and he had a pretty dang good career at UCLA.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No one is claiming he has a "strong arm" for a college QB. All I am saying is that saying he can't throw the ball 35 yards is a very enervated take on his arm strength as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Didba said:

I don't know enough about QB mechanics to know if that matters. 

I'd love to hear anyone here breakdown our QB mechanics.   Let's hear the specifics, guys. 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd love to hear anyone here breakdown our QB mechanics.   Let's hear the specifics, guys. 

Yes! Most have no clue about what good mechanics should even look like. If a QB can flick his wrist and get it 60 yards people are in awe even though his mechanics could be trash.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

No one is claiming he has a "strong arm" for a college QB. All I am saying is that saying he can't throw the ball 35 yards is a very enervated take on his arm strength as well.

He doesn't even have an average arm

9 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

I bit! Dude, seriously please stop with your tomfoolery! 

Trolls troll

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Trolls troll

Just bc someone disagrees with you doesn't mean I'm trolling. 

Just bc someone can throw a ball and it's one video, doesn't mean that have SEC caliber arm talent.

You can have a weak arm like Bama’s QB two yeaes ago. But need elite accuracy and ball placement. Two additional things DD struggled with. Mac has a weak arm, but made up for it else where. 

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Just bc someone disagrees with you doesn't mean I'm trolling. 

Just bc someone can throw a ball and it's one video, doesn't mean that have SEC caliber arm talent.

You think that's how I formed my opinion? That's cute

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You think that's how I formed my opinion? That's cute

No, I don't. But it's the evidence you present along with some random QB website the last time we discussed it.

He can throw a football.  Doesn't mean he has an average arm for SEC or P5 teams.

You can have a weak arm like Bama’s QB two yeaes ago. But need elite accuracy and ball placement. Two additional things DD struggled with. Mac has a weak arm, but made up for it else where. 

Edited by W.E.D

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

No, I don't. But it's the evidence you present along with some random QB website the last time we discussed it.

He can throw a football.  Doesn't mean he has an average arm for SEC or P5 teams.

You can have a weak arm like Bama’s QB two yeaes ago. But need elite accuracy and ball placement. Two additional things DD struggled with. Mac has a weak arm, but made up for it else where. 

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I was speaking on your acting like a troll.

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That would be as idiotic as seeing one video of a player throwing 35 yards and assuming they can only throw 35 yards. We agree. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2