Men vs Jax State Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, NoALtiger said:

JABARI!!!!

Dam what a slam!

JS with the drive and a dunk over the big guy. And one!

• Like 1

Most aggressive I’ve seen Jabari right there. 

• Like 1

Great great win today. Tough out if we play that unselfish. 

Great game played today by AU! Of course there's things to work on. Always will be. But no way i'm going to pick this game apart after what happened to teams yesterday. We didn't have to sweat through a game and that = a great game!

On to the next round! War Eagle everyone!

• Like 2

Great win all around! Good guard play, improved play from Flan, Tourney Jabari showing up, Kessler one block from a triple-double.

Very nice!

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Nothing to complain about with that one! 

Yep! Nothing at all. We're still playing!

• Like 1

EASILY the best-played, most-sound game away from home this season. Except for FT%, all of our shortcoming demons the last 13 games were exorcised.

• Like 4

23 assist. Movement good.

• Like 2

People will say "it's a 15 seed" "it's jax state" but this game is exactly what this team needed confidence wise to get back in the swing. We did what we are good at, we had players that really played some smart basketball at good times, like KD, he was huge today in numerous things. Nice to see flan get a little going offensively really gonna need that. Jabari is just Jabari and disappointed that Kessler fell one block the triple double. To the round of 32 we go! WDE!!!

• Like 1

Wooohooo!! That was fun! Auburn hasn't played like that for a minute. We did not give them an inch on defense and while they hit some shots that effort on our part eventually wore them down. I think we still had the usual 5 min field goal drought but when you play defense like that you can survive those lulls. War Eagle lets keep on dancing!!!

Our defense was rad and we made the shots we couldn’t make in the first half against TAMU in the SECT. Didn’t hurt that JSU ain’t much of a defensive/rebounding team, BUT we held them to well below their season 3 average. War Eagle!

Glad these guys also started making some 3's and jump shots.  We really needed to see that ball go through the hoop from outside of the lane today.  They looked comfortable shooting in this arena.  That's got to be a confidence builder.

36 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Looks like we turned it back up again. Good to see. Held strong during that commotion after the stoppages in play. 

Yes. That was a good showing and you take small detailed but strong character wins such as this and you make it your foundation and build on it.

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Wooohooo!! That was fun! Auburn hasn't played like that for a minute. We did not give them an inch on defense and while they hit some shots that effort on our part eventually wore them down. I think we still had the usual 5 min field goal drought but when you play defense like that you can survive those lulls. War Eagle lets keep on dancing!!!

This is what I foresaw happening. I'm excited