Smoke Monday: Linebacker?

TexasTiger

On 3/8/2022 at 8:45 AM, bigbird said:

I'm thinking it's been so long since we've had an elite safety...

Rudy Ford was pretty good. Idk if I’d consider him elite.

I love Smoke but he was a feast or famine type player. He played hard and made some unbelievable plays but also got lost and was out of position.  I am in the camp he is an NFL ST player and backup Safety, but put on 15-20 pounds and could carve out a spot as a star or outside LB.

• Like 1

Is he going to cry about his NFL HC not meeting every single person in his extended family and becoming friends with them? Lol

Who cares what he does? He hurt Auburn’s future recruiting by whining about the coach. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

48 minutes ago, woodford said:

Is he going to cry about his NFL HC not meeting every single person in his extended family and becoming friends with them? Lol

Who cares what he does? He hurt Auburn’s future recruiting by whining about the coach. 

I'm afraid u have opened a can of worms

On 3/9/2022 at 12:05 PM, AUght2win said:

Rudy Ford was pretty good. Idk if I’d consider him elite.

He was a good player.  he wasn't elite.

This board has had this same convo about WRs and ppl trying to claim "good" Auburn players as elite when none of them were.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He was a good player.  he wasn't elite.

This board has had this same convo about WRs and ppl trying to claim "good" Auburn players as elite when none of them were.

Right, he was Auburn good 

Another way to think about it...would he have started at safety for any of the playoff teams?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Another way to think about it...would he have started at safety for any of the playoff teams?

Or was he a 1st round draft pick.  That doesn't always apply b/c you can be college elite at some positions, but not project to the NFL.  Nick Marshall is one I think of.

We've had a good amount of elite corners in the last 20 years.  I'm not sure we have any elite safeties that I can think off the top of my head.  Def some good ones

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Or was he a 1st round draft pick.  That doesn't always apply b/c you can be college elite at some positions, but not project to the NFL.  Nick Marshall is one I think of.

We've had a good amount of elite corners in the last 20 years.  I'm not sure we have any elite safeties that I can think off the top of my head.  Def some good ones

The last great safety we've had would be Robinson, IMO.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It was Malik Willis. Bunch of us wanted him to move to safety because he can't be a QB. 

Let It Go - Go GIF - Frozen Elsa Let It Go - Discover & Share GIFs

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

Rudy Ford might have. Definitely for Cincy. He’s still in the NFL going on year 5 or 6 I think.

19 hours ago, cole256 said:

It was Malik Willis. Bunch of us wanted him to move to safety because he can't be a QB. 

Didn't Kiehl Frazier actually get some time at safety?