Malik Willis

abw0004

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Don't get all upset like many do on here. That's not you. I'm not being disrespectful. My initial comment wasn't even to you specifically, just to the board.

That quote here previously was about being immature. The rest of the quote is what I'm talking about.

"I decided after that meeting that I had to be better, but I needed to find somewhere else to play and find someone to help me get where I needed to go.”

He straight up saying he needed to get away from Gus and Freeze developed him.

I think you're objective to a point. But anything related to Gus handling QBs, especially with Gatewood, Malik I think you have something extra clouding you.

Gatewood hasn't been good anywhere and went back to the guy who conspiracy ppl claim wronged him. Malik was 3rd behind your boy and left. Sonits not even a Gus/Bo thing yesterday you mentioned initially on page 1.

You made it into a Bo thing when it really wasn't, hence my comments.

Idk what you're even talking about 

So it s appears you are caught up on gatewood. If you want to believe that Bo was unquestionably the best QB then you can do that. 

What I do know is as far as talent Bo and Willis aren't close. Not in the same stratosphere. If some of you want to say he wasn't in the film room cool. 

I remember when I was at Auburn if I wasn't studying I was in a basketball gym constantly playing and practicing. That doesn't mean I should've been on the basketball team and Marquis Daniels should be on the bench. It's this thing called talent that's the most important thing when it comes to winning. 

It's clear to see as far as talent what's what. I'm sure he learned a bunch about being a QB at liberty. I'm sure he's a better player from it. You are out of your mind if you think Bo was better than him at any time on this earth.  That's not saying he didn't get better at liberty. Bo was going to play and start at Auburn no matter what. 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

See? To his credit, he learned from not bothering to get mentally ready while at Auburn. His failure at AU benefited him in the long run.

I think most agree with you here. I do. I don't buy the conspiracy stuff seeing that Gatewood was also ahead of him and sucked. More so just frustrated and sad that the staff couldn't help Malik overcome that and develop while he was here. The past 3 seasons could have played out drastically different for the better had we kept him

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What I do know is as far as talent Bo and Willis aren't close. Not in the same stratosphere. If some of you want to say he wasn't in the film room cool. 

I mean it’s what Willis is saying.  Do you not believe what he is telling scouts at the Senior Bowl when the quote was taken?

57 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's clear to see as far as talent what's what. I'm sure he learned a bunch about being a QB at liberty. I'm sure he's a better player from it. You are out of your mind if you think Bo was better than him at any time on this earth.  That's not saying he didn't get better at liberty. Bo was going to play and start at Auburn no matter what. 

It wasn’t as clear when he was at Auburn though.  Sometimes you just develop late.  I mean, Auburn was the only school that recruited him at quarterback and only one of five schools overall to offer.  If it is that clear, why didn’t anyone else offer him at quarterback?  He was just a diamond in the rough that no one saw in him in high school and that is awesome.  I am extremely happy for him!

https://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Willis-89076/high-school-177103/

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I mean it’s what Willis is saying.  Do you not believe what he is telling scouts at the Senior Bowl when the quote was taken?

It wasn’t as clear when he was at Auburn though.  Sometimes you just develop late.  I mean, Auburn was the only school that recruited him at quarterback and only one of five schools overall to offer.  If it is that clear, why didn’t anyone else offer him at quarterback?  He was just a diamond in the rough that no one saw in him in high school and that is awesome.  I am extremely happy for him!

https://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Willis-89076/high-school-177103/

I've explained your top question like 3 or 4 times. 

As far as when he was here if you think he drunk some magic potion ok. I don't know if you actually played football or been around QB's but arm strength and accuracy doesn't jump up and down out of the blue. What I'm talking about is arm talent and it's not close. 

You talking about what he was out of high school is a completely different conversation as to what I'm talking about. There's no way a coach could look at those two QB's and not see MW is head and shoulders more talented as a thrower of the football. Bo to this day still isn't accurate but he got a little better with more experience, back then he was even worse

1 hour ago, au302 said:

I think most agree with you here. I do. I don't buy the conspiracy stuff seeing that Gatewood was also ahead of him and sucked. More so just frustrated and sad that the staff couldn't help Malik overcome that and develop while he was here. The past 3 seasons could have played out drastically different for the better had we kept him

And Bo sucked so what does that even mean? But 👌🏿

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And Bo sucked so what does that even mean? But 👌🏿

I've been one of the harder posters on Bo. Thought he wasn't the answer after 2020 and was glad we moved on. I just don't think it was a conspiracy. I just think the previous staff flat out sucked at evals, development, and depth charts, lol. Remarkably sucked. Not just QB, countless examples. Cowart, Calvin Ashley, receivers like NCM and Kyle Davis, Jovon Robinson. Jeremy Johnson another example at QB.

Then they had Tank as third string heading into 2020 behind Shivers. Doesnt take an expert to see which one of those two was more talented. They simply sucked in those areas. Hopefully it improves. If we're going with pure arm talent and measurables than they might as well start Geriner this year

11 minutes ago, au302 said:

I've been one of the harder posters on Bo. Thought he wasn't the answer after 2020 and was glad we moved on. I just don't think it was a conspiracy. I just think the previous staff flat out sucked at evals, development, and depth charts, lol. Remarkably sucked. Not just QB, countless examples. Cowart, Calvin Ashley, receivers like NCM and Kyle Davis, Jovon Robinson. Jeremy Johnson another example at QB.

Then they had Tank as third string heading into 2020 behind Shivers. Doesnt take an expert to see which one of those two was more talented. They simply sucked in those areas. Hopefully it improves. If we're going with pure arm talent and measurables than they might as well start Geriner this year

If everybody else can't throw they absolutely should.

And to me it's not a conspiracy that everybody was set on Bo being the QB......

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If everybody else can't throw they absolutely should.

And to me it's not a conspiracy that everybody was set on Bo being the QB......

Certainly many on this board were and still think he should be, lol. Can't answer for Gus, just think his track record shows that he was stupid rather than unfair. I don't even think it's a Bo vs. Malik thing like y'all trying to make it. I've said before that possibly, probably even likely, neither were ready for the 2019 season.

Gus should've brought in another transfer QB like Stidham that could be a bridge game manager and hit deep balls while Bo, Malik, Joey developed another year. That's all we needed in 2019 with that defense and we push for the playoff 

15 minutes ago, au302 said:

Certainly many on this board were and still think he should be, lol. Can't answer for Gus, just think his track record shows that he was stupid rather than unfair. I don't even think it's a Bo vs. Malik thing like y'all trying to make it. I've said before that possibly, probably even likely, neither were ready for the 2019 season.

Gus should've brought in another transfer QB like Stidham that could be a bridge game manager and hit deep balls while Bo, Malik, Joey developed another year. That's all we needed in 2019 with that defense and we push for the playoff 

There's no y'all trying to make anything. I think there's plenty to show that Bo was going to be the starter no matter what. That's it. If you or anybody else don't agree that's absolutely fine. 

My point is nobody try to make it like I'm the idiot and I don't know what I'm talking about, like the guy you said you agreed with because no matter what, I'm the guy that was right. If anything I should be questioning all of you and treating you all like you are stupid. But since I'm a nice guy I won't. 

Oh and as far your scenario about bringing another QB in there's another thing he could have done as well......just let the most talented guy play

Edited by cole256

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

There's no y'all trying to make anything. I think there's plenty to show that Bo was going to be the starter no matter what. That's it. If you or anybody else don't agree that's absolutely fine. 

My point is nobody try to make it like I'm the idiot and I don't know what I'm talking about, like the guy you said you agreed with because no matter what, I'm the guy that was right. If anything I should be questioning all of you and treating you all like you are stupid. But since I'm a nice guy I won't. 

Oh and as far your scenario about bringing another QB in there's another thing he could have done as well......just let the most talented guy play

Don't think I nor anyone called or implied you were stupid. I think it's been said that you have way more expertise than the rest of us so I always take your posts very seriously. 

I love conspiracies more than anyone. It's just hard for me to believe that a guy making 50 mil sat in his office saying "I don't care if freaking Cam Newton had another year of eligibility, I'm starting this freshman Bo Nix no matter what"...

Just seems far fetched, but it's a crazy world so I acknowledge that it's certainly possible. Just seems more logical that it was simply another horrible mis-evaluation of talent by a guy who had countless examples of doing so, but like I said, nothing would surprise me and you very well could be right. We'll never know 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

There's no way a coach could look at those two QB's and not see MW is head and shoulders more talented as a thrower of the football. Bo to this day still isn't accurate but he got a little better with more experience, back then he was even worse

All I am saying is no one saw what Willis was about to become, not even on this forum.  It is all hindsight now.  But, I am very happy for him.  And I know you are too.  Let’s just leave it at that my friend.  I hope he kills it in the NFL.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Pure talent and readiness are big differentiations. That's why I said "at that time" and even stated Malik is the better QB now 

For example I'd say DD is more talented than Grant Loy bur was behind him last year on the DC

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Pure talent and readiness are big differentiations. That's why I said "at that time" and even stated Malik is the better QB now 

For example I'd say DD is more talented than Grant Loy bur was behind him last year on the DC

Right so if it's he's against a senior who has experience and maybe not the talent but we'll be more successful ok we can discuss that. But in this situation we were in Bo had absolutely no advantages at all. But if you want to buy the he didn't know the offense which we still used that excuse for Bo btw you can that's fine.

I'm not buying Bo was a more polished QB at all because he wasn't.  He wasn't some sort of savant at all. We literally can see that now so what could he possibly had been showing? After all that is gone we are literally just talking arm talent and that's not close. That's my point but everybody is too busy saying remedial stuff that clearly I would've thought about than actually maybe have a discussion and learn something if we had the conversation

40 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

All I am saying is no one saw what Willis was about to become, not even on this forum.  It is all hindsight now.  But, I am very happy for him.  And I know you are too.  Let’s just leave it at that my friend.  I hope he kills it in the NFL.

Right and you are missing my point I'm acknowledging what you said and I have counters to that claim. You don't have to be a number 1 QB in the draft to have been better than Bo btw. 

I'm saying judging where they are now in arm talent it's not close, and it's not

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, au302 said:

Don't think I nor anyone called or implied you were stupid. I think it's been said that you have way more expertise than the rest of us so I always take your posts very seriously. 

I love conspiracies more than anyone. It's just hard for me to believe that a guy making 50 mil sat in his office saying "I don't care if freaking Cam Newton had another year of eligibility, I'm starting this freshman Bo Nix no matter what"...

Just seems far fetched, but it's a crazy world so I acknowledge that it's certainly possible. Just seems more logical that it was simply another horrible mis-evaluation of talent by a guy who had countless examples of doing so, but like I said, nothing would surprise me and you very well could be right. We'll never know 

I doubt anybody said I have any more expertise, and I'm not trying to make that claim, what I am saying though I don't just blindly speak and just say stuff without any logic so I shouldn't just be dismissed. That's all I was saying.

Especially with Bo stuff, I was called every name in the book and have a bunch of people that don't like me to this day about that subject back then and I turned out to be right. So I feel I shouldn't be dismissed with anything but especially not that

• Like 1

Just listened to jj reddick talk about coach k. You know what coach k did in a situation where the guy needs to be more disciplined? He played him. He played him and helped him. JJ said it saved his life. He didn't feel he deserved a second chance......look how that played out.

It's how you choose to handle stuff