Ron DeSantis Gets Irritated With Teen students Wearing Face Masks In Photo Op With Him. Calls it "Covid Theater"

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

You started this thread whining and here you are still whining. ;D 

I grew up as a Conservative Republican, the whole whining part has been a hard habit to break. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

There is a valid reason for wanting people to wear masks during a pandemic.  What is the real reason for not wanting anyone to wear a mask?

In watching the SOTU I think I saw one person in mask. Why do you suppose others chose not to wear one, including the leaders of our country?

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I grew up as a Conservative Republican, the whole whining part has been a hard habit to break. 

I'll give you credit for putting this in a non-serious forum. ;D

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

There is a valid reason for wanting people to wear masks during a pandemic.  What is the real reason for not wanting anyone to wear a mask?

Psst...pandemic's over. Moose out front shoulda told you. 😏

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Psst...pandemic's over. Moose out front shoulda told you. 😏

That does not explain the ant-mask message during surges.  But please, continue to be disingenuous.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

That does not explain the ant-mask message during surges.  But please, continue to be disingenuous.

The DeSantis event in question was last week right? Not during a surge. Perhaps revisit disingenuous. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The DeSantis event in question was last week right? Not during a surge. Perhaps revisit disingenuous. 

He has been fighting masks the ENTIRE duration of the pandemic.  He was in a county that still had moderately high infection rate.

Please, argue with intelligence.  This is a waste of everyone's time.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

He has been fighting masks the ENTIRE duration of the pandemic.  He was in a county that still had moderately high infection rate.

Please stop moving the goalposts. This is not about the ENTIRE duration of the pandemic nor a surge. The OP is about an event last week. 

Like I stated earlier, this thread is appropriately in a non-serious forum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2022 at 3:10 PM, icanthearyou said:

Are you new here?  Do I need to introduce you to some folks and give you the rundown on what you can expect from them?  :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 3/4/2022 at 9:59 AM, I_M4_AU said:

From Tuesday’s SOTU speech as given by President Biden:

Let’s use this moment to reset. Let’s stop looking at COVID-19 as a partisan dividing line and see it for what it is: A God-awful disease.  

Let’s stop seeing each other as enemies, and start seeing each other for who we really are: Fellow Americans. 

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2022/03/01/remarks-of-president-joe-biden-state-of-the-union-address-as-delivered/

I guess our leader needs to step in here and tell the media what exactly he meant by *a reset*.  His advise hasn’t been followed.

On 3/5/2022 at 9:55 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Yet in America you're chance of dying in a school shooting is many times higher than in any other modern nation on earth. 

Yet all you care about is crying about kids wearing facemasks...sad. 

America! the country where folks cannot find mental health help like it needs but hey lets give ALL the crazies a weapon instead. then we can just kill the crap out of each other. right? never mind training or even common sense just give it to them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 3/5/2022 at 3:29 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Please stop moving the goalposts. This is not about the ENTIRE duration of the pandemic nor a surge. The OP is about an event last week. 

Like I stated earlier, this thread is appropriately in a non-serious forum. 

so you are saying santos is not an idiot?

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

America! the country where folks cannot find mental health help like it needs but hey lets give ALL the crazies a weapon instead. then we can just kill the crap out of each other. right? never mind training or even common sense just give it to them.

Yep!

American's have this weird obsession/power fantasy with the people being able to "overthrow" their tyrannical government at a moments notice by giving everyone guns.  

If an event ever happens where the federal government collapses/becomes tyrannical and the US citizens have to overthrow it by force we're all going to be so f'ed that it's not going to be worth living here anyway. Society, the economy, and everything we know and love about our lives in America would be over and most people would be streaming to the Mexican and Canadian borders to try and get out anyway. We'd need guns not to overthrow the government but to defend ourselves against all the gangs with guns running around looting everything  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yep!

American's have this weird obsession/power fantasy with the people being able to "overthrow" their tyrannical government at a moments notice by giving everyone guns.  

If an event ever happens where the federal government collapses/becomes tyrannical and the US citizens have to overthrow it by force we're all going to be so f'ed that it's not going to be worth living here anyway. Society, the economy, and everything we know and love about our lives in America would be over and most people would be streaming to the Mexican and Canadian borders to try and get out anyway. We'd need guns not to overthrow the government but to defend ourselves against all the gangs with guns running around looting everything  

i do own two pistols and both are 410 shotgun pistols. if i need to use my weapon i am not going to worry being about a great shot. i also own a permit and i am very responsible. i just wanted to make clear i am not anti gun i just want everyone to go through a serious background and mental health check. i also do not think we need assault weapons, rpg's, grenades, tanks, and other weapons of war.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i do own two pistols and both are 410 shotgun pistols. if i need to use my weapon i am not going to worry being about a great shot. i also own a permit and i am very responsible. i just wanted to make clear i am not anti gun i just want everyone to go through a serious background and mental health check. i also do not think we need assault weapons, rpg's, grenades, tanks, and other weapons of war.

I’m not going to give up my tank!! I’ve got to protect myself!! 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

What is your problem with tanks?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887324432004578302480951570270

The guys who buy tanks don't worry about losing their jobs or making their house payments—they don't have either," says Mr. Uhrig.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

so you are saying santos is not an idiot?

Of course I do not view him as an idiot. Apparently the leaders in your party don't think he is an idiot either as they visit him often. Ah sunny Florida. ;D