Today is a huge day for Auburn Football, Bryan Harsin

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, woodford said:

I’ll believe that when I see it. It’s do or die. I think he’s a mediocre recruiter who doesn’t understand his task. I really hope I’m wrong. 

That’s funny, we finally agree on something. I hope your wrong too. Ha

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Didba said:

I read where we offered a kid from freaking Illinois and he is coming down for a visit. Just unheard of for Auburn in the past.

Nonsense. Ever heard of AU and NFL star O-lineman Braden Smith? He's from Kansas, even farther away than Illinois. Carlson brothers kickers from Colorado, too many to name from California. If there's something specific you like about Illinois, there's Marquis Burks on the 2021 team from Chicago (Chicago is in Illinois in case you didn't know that). Or if you just want far away, punter Oscar Chapman from Australia comes to mind.

Some posters here would benefit from having personal fact checkers. They might not look so silly.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Nearly positive we had a DE from Illinois just a few years ago

Burkes  is from Illinois, Jordan Diamond was from Chicago.

44 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Burkes  is from Illinois, Jordan Diamond was from Chicago.

Was that where we recruited them from?

44 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Burkes was recruited from Iowa Central Community College. Jordan Diamond was recruited from a Chicago high school.

11 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Burkes was recruited from Iowa Central Community College. Jordan Diamond was recruited from a Chicago high school.

I thought it was up North but had no clue where. Thanks

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Burkes was Juco but diamond was out of Chicago, he is at Miami(oh). Working up the coaching ranks at OL, good guy, real good guy.  I think he was recruited by Jeff Grimes initially 

Edited by auburnphan
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 7:27 PM, W.E.D said:

Nearly positive we had a DE from Illinois just a few years ago

TJ Neal was a standout U of Illinois LB transfer back in 2016. He didn’t even really crack the rotation IIRC. Before him, FB Jay Prosch (originally from Mobile) transferred to AU via U of Illinois. As far as actual state of Illinois HS players/recruits, I’m drawing a blank.

On 3/2/2022 at 12:19 AM, Mikey said:

Nonsense. Ever heard of AU and NFL star O-lineman Braden Smith? He's from Kansas, even farther away than Illinois. Carlson brothers kickers from Colorado, too many to name from California. If there's something specific you like about Illinois, there's Marquis Burks on the 2021 team from Chicago (Chicago is in Illinois in case you didn't know that). Or if you just want far away, punter Oscar Chapman from Australia comes to mind.

Some posters here would benefit from having personal fact checkers. They might not look so silly.

Hey, bringing fact checkers on board would take away most of the fun on here.

I have family from Illinois and we should be able to get any kid out of that state that we want if we can get them on campus. 

• Like 1