Today is a huge day for Auburn Football, Bryan Harsin

aubiefifty

• Like 1

he can recruit since the dead period is over and other tidbits........

We're going to see more news coming out I believe with the dead period over. AU needs to make some noise. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

At work. Can't watch video.

What's he say?

Dead period over and the changes made by Harsin shows a shift in philosophy on some things people were worried about before the drama.  Predicting to see some big things recruiting wise between now and the 19th.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, Didba said:

Dead period over and the changes made by Harsin shows a shift in philosophy on some things people were worried about before the drama.  Predicting to see some big things recruiting wise between now and the 19th.

I hope so. We need it badly. It would bring my hopefulness back up a tad. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Didba said:

Both LockedOn and TheWarRapport have hinted at some good recruiting news coming within the next month.  Zak talked today about how much wider of a net we are casting this cycle. Offering far and wide not just the south and no surprise, there are kids from all over that are interested.

I think this is being spawned from how much emphasis Harsin is placing on selling the NFL route to recruits. The emphasis on NFL coaches and scheme.

There was a little snippet from an insider that Schmedding was having lunch with some of the top defensive guys on the team during NFL playoffs and he was breaking down/discussing with them the different schemes being utilized by different teams to stop certain offenses in the playoffs.  The players seemed 100% bought into the discussion.

That would definitely get me excited, just gotta get'em committed, I don't want another pre signing day where we thought for sure we were going to have more people sign. 

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

We're going to see more news coming out I believe with the dead period over. AU needs to make some noise. 

Seems like there has been a dedicated push if positive stories from 247 and on3. Rivals kinda doesn't even report s*** anymore. I don't want to say it's intentionally, but I wouldn't be opposed if was a coordinated effort to drive a narrative. Other schools do it and so should we.

Perceived Momentum can be a big thing

• Like 7

Posted in another thread but I think we got a 5 * commit.  No inside info just reading tea leaves of his Twitter posts and how they implied he was already committed when referencing other r3cruits to join him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Seems like there has been a dedicated push if positive stories from 247 and on3. Rivals kinda doesn't even report s*** anymore. I don't want to say it's intentionally, but I wouldn't be opposed if was a coordinated effort to drive a narrative. Other schools do it and so should we.

Perceived Momentum can be a big thing

Perceived Positive Momentum is paramount right now for this staff after the entire month of February went in the crapper.  >:(🤬🤡

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Posted in another thread but I think we got a 5 * commit.  No inside info just reading tea leaves of his Twitter posts and how they implied he was already committed when referencing other r3cruits to join him.

Who?

I think it would be wonderful for him to get a great tour of our great state of Georgia. He might want to learn a little about some of the football players here if he wants to win football games.

• Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, woodford said:

I think it would be wonderful for him to get a great tour of our great state of Georgia. He might want to learn a little about some of the football players here if he wants to win football games.

They are doing very well in Georgia and especially Atlanta.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Who?

The kid wants to make a splash....we have to let the player make his splash.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I read where we offered a kid from freaking Illinois and he is coming down for a visit. Just unheard of for Auburn in the past.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

The kid wants to make a splash....we have to let the player make his splash.

AJ Harris tweeted something like "teaming up soon" to Bradyn Joiner but I'm figuring he was trolling or messing around. Would be sweet if Zac somehow reeled him in

2 hours ago, Didba said:

I read where we offered a kid from freaking Illinois and he is coming down for a visit. Just unheard of for Auburn in the past.

In the past, Auburn pulled top talent from Alabama, Georgia and Florida without having to go outside this region. Theres a reason schools from everywhere try to recruit the southeast, its where more good players are located.

Is there a term for the opposite of a silver lining? Where instead of finding the good in a bad situation, you find the bad in a good situation? Oh yeah, I remember now, an Auburn football message board poster.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Didba said:

Nearly positive we had a DE from Illinois just a few years ago

• Like 1

4 hours ago, auburnphan said:

They are doing very well in Georgia and especially Atlanta.

I’ll believe that when I see it. It’s do or die. I think he’s a mediocre recruiter who doesn’t understand his task. I really hope I’m wrong. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Is there a term for the opposite of a silver lining? Where instead of finding the good in a bad situation, you find the bad in a good situation? Oh yeah, I remember now, an Auburn football message board poster.

A good podcast doesn’t turn the program around. These coaches are trained on how to interview. I’m more of a “show me” than “tell me” type or guy. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, CR said:

In the past, Auburn pulled top talent from Alabama, Georgia and Florida without having to go outside this region. Theres a reason schools from everywhere try to recruit the southeast, its where more good players are located.

When?

2 hours ago, CR said:

Yes, I am aware of basic facts regarding the past 15 years of Auburn recruiting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1