Hearing good things about Tarvarish Dawson

McLoofus

Dawson looked good in spring last year then I heard he was hurt same thing with Johnson. Johnson started to come on at end of year.   These two could help us both have speed.  Add Malcolm Johnson and Fair and we have great speed but not a lot of size.  Use King as a WR and some of the size issues go away. We may be in a little better position at WR then I initially thought but it is still an area of concern.   In the next month and a half with Spring Practice we should hopefully find at least better then serviceable O-Line and some WR's, with Calzada being out of live practice due to injury on non-throwing arm we probably won't know about QB until fall unless one of the others really steps up this spring. We know what we are getting with our 5th and 6th year players on O-line but I am really interested in how some of the younger players look this spring like Smith, Jernigan, etc.  I was impressed with improvement I saw in Zierer I think he will be a good RT if somebody like Smith can step up and really win LT I would feel much better about O-Line for this year as far as starters but still leery of depth. I feel we are in big hurt on O-Line following year unless we cleanup on the Portal. 

D should be good as long as O is good enough to stay on field close to 50% of the time. If O is 3 and out over and over D will wear out late in games and by end of the year as we have some depth but not enough.

2 hours ago, aublue88 said:

I know this will not be a popular opinion but I do not believe anyone should beg JJ to come back ,  it should be up to him to ask to come back to the team and Harsin should then explain how hard he needs to work to earn back the trust of his fellow players after he abandoned the team and left an already vulnerable position weaker.  The only way this team will win next year is with everyone on the same page believing they can accomplish  their goals together.   All players on this team need to earn their way and be able to trust each other and begging or showing special treatment of a player that jumped ship will not endear him to the others that have stepped up and put in the effort to fill the hole he left.  I think that this is a great moment to teach young men to be responsible for actions they take and the consequences they engender.  I am very pleased he is staying and hope he will be a great player that lifts his team up with his dedication and abilities on the field.

It would surprise me if he came back without having an open, transparent conversation with Harsin.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Absolutely huge news. He has the chance to shine. I am excited about Dawson as well.

Surprising that Harsin let him back since he "didn't want to be here" or whatever. Could be signs of a coach learning as well.

Or it could be that the reports were untrue to start with.:dunno:

Edited by auburnphan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've been trained over the last 8 years or so not to get  my hopes up on a player based on spring reports.

Seems every time  I've heard how great some kid has played they disappear in the fall.  It has seemed to be the PT kiss of death.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

I've been trained over the last 8 years or so not to get  my hopes up on a player based on spring reports.

Seems every time  I've heard how great some kid has played they disappear in the fall.  It has seemed to be the PT kiss of death.

Every spring there is a hero who disappears. It happens at almost every school. 

1 hour ago, AUGoo said:

I thought about that immediately after I started the thread, lol.

I feel like any healthy receiver almost has no choice but to be featured this season, though. That's just the reality of the roster. And by now we've got a pretty good feeling that these guys meet- and are comfortable with- Harsin's standard. 

• Like 1