Hearing good things about Tarvarish Dawson

McLoofus

Just piecing together a few things from Twitter, it seems Tarvarish Dawson is putting in the work in the gym. Anyone hearing anything similar? I guess it's hard to say if anything means anything until they get back out on the field, but he was already Sammie Coates fast and it would be great if he gets Sammie Coates strong. 

If there's any position where we desperately need a guy to step up and break out, it's his. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Just piecing together a few things from Twitter, it seems Tarvarish Dawson is putting in the work in the gym. Anyone hearing anything similar? I guess it's hard to say if anything means anything until they get back out on the field, but he was already Sammie Coates fast and it would be great if he gets Sammie Coates strong. 

If there's any position where we desperately need a guy to step up and break out, it's his. 

I know he was awarded the Ironman of the week.

FMh8_6PWUAEguw5.thumb.jpeg.d963d56fe5d6b31387f9b8c02f68638a.jpeg

I also know according to his most recent Instagram post he has really been focusing on building his body up.  Here is his profile:

https://www.instagram.com/lilrockstar5/?hl=en

• Like 1

I feel like he can be a beast if given a legit opportunity which he should get with our limited depth. We just need a QB with decent accuracy to get him the ball

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He seems like he's been close to breaking out and got talked up last year too.  Need multiple WRs to step up and I will not trust any hype we hear about freshman b/c it's so absurdly rare for a non elite prospect to heavily contribute as a TrFr

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maryland tiger said:

And....Ja'Varrius Johnson is reportedly staying. He's taking classes and working out with the team. 

That would be huge if he decided to pull his name back.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

And....Ja'Varrius Johnson is reportedly staying. He's taking classes and working out with the team. 

That's good news, but not surprising. He wanted to transfer to Ol' Miss, but he waited one day too late to do a within-conference transfer without sitting out a year.

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That would be huge if he decided to pull his name back.

Absolutely huge news. He has the chance to shine. I am excited about Dawson as well.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's good news, but not surprising. He wanted to transfer to Ol' Miss, but he waited one day too late to do a within-conference transfer without sitting out a year.

Surprising that Harsin let him back since he "didn't want to be here" or whatever. Could be signs of a coach learning as well.

• Like 6

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

Absolutely huge news. He has the chance to shine. I am excited about Dawson as well.

Surprising that Harsin let him back since he "didn't want to be here" or whatever. Could be signs of a coach learning as well.

Let's hope that's the case!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

tbqh, this would be a perfect time for Harsin to just be a little bit humble and accept him back.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Could just be that others burned the bridge on their way to the portal. Just my wild speculation...

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

tbqh, this would be a perfect time for Harsin to just be a little bit humble and accept him back.

And by "accept", you mean "beg". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, actually understand a player.  What he's going through....talk to him ya know?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, actually understand a player.  What he's going through....talk to him ya know?

Actually a huge moment that could accomplish a lot moving forward for Harsin and the team. 

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Dawson, MJJ, And JJohnson all are tough matchups with their route running and speed.

Yeah we actually have a lot of speed including Jay Fair, we’ve got burners. Harsin and Hilliard gotta put our guys in good position to succeed 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Yeah we actually have a lot of speed including Jay Fair, we’ve got burners. Harsin and Hilliard gotta put our guys in good position to succeed 

Fair will surprise with his route running as a freshman. He is really good.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Good but "Texas soft"

Guy weighs like 138 pounds right now.

Great to hear. Been quiet this offseason about who's crushing the weight room, learning playbooks, etc, so great to hear a guy like Dawson, who we desperately need, is stepping up. Hopefully the incoming QB's are meshing with the team as well

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

So he's a soft 138

Hey, man.  You said it, not me

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:
3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I know this will not be a popular opinion but I do not believe anyone should beg JJ to come back ,  it should be up to him to ask to come back to the team and Harsin should then explain how hard he needs to work to earn back the trust of his fellow players after he abandoned the team and left an already vulnerable position weaker.  The only way this team will win next year is with everyone on the same page believing they can accomplish  their goals together.   All players on this team need to earn their way and be able to trust each other and begging or showing special treatment of a player that jumped ship will not endear him to the others that have stepped up and put in the effort to fill the hole he left.  I think that this is a great moment to teach young men to be responsible for actions they take and the consequences they engender.  I am very pleased he is staying and hope he will be a great player that lifts his team up with his dedication and abilities on the field.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

I know this will not be a popular opinion but I do not believe anyone should beg JJ to come back ,  it should be up to him to ask to come back to the team and Harsin should then explain how hard he needs to work to earn back the trust of his fellow players after he abandoned the team and left an already vulnerable position weaker.  The only way this team will win next year is with everyone on the same page believing they can accomplish  their goals together.   All players on this team need to earn their way and be able to trust each other and begging or showing special treatment of a player that jumped ship will not endear him to the others that have stepped up and put in the effort to fill the hole he left.  I think that this is a great moment to teach young men to be responsible for actions they take and the consequences they engender.  I am very pleased he is staying and hope he will be a great player that lifts his team up with his dedication and abilities on the field.

I agree with you. There is a hard line between allowing and begging and a lot of in between.