What Alabama high school coaches have to say about Bryan Harsin

McLoofus

43 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, when does Harsin start to correct the situation? Recently I posted class that includes some current players in which Gus signed five OL prospects. When will Harsin get five?

I would have liked to have thought this class. I'm banking on '23

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

One area?

We were specifically talking about recruiting and a singular arra with in it

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

You're right,  I 100% agree. After 8 years of ignoring the OL, CBH, in 14 months has not fixed the situation.

Mikey said "correct" not fix....in two classes, two portal classes, Harsin hasn't even addressed it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

His recruiting prowess is what directly lead to his firing and why we are where we are and why we struggled so mightily in year 1 under CBH

There was an abundance of talent to work with in Harsins first year. And where there wasn't talent there was experience.  How you make this statement is baffling. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

Edited by shabby
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

One area? Roster management...player utilization...OL recruiting... passing concepts...Player development...

There is absolutely no way to call it equal. Zero.  If after 8 years, CBH hasn't recruited the OL effectively, then you can say that. After 14 months, you can't logically reach that conclusion.

Logically is the definitive word here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Harsin dropped past average and moved down into a losing season. Most would think that's heading in the wrong direction.

Three new head coaches were hired in the SEC last season. Tennessee hired a new coach. They went from 3-7 to 7-6. South Carolina hired a new coach They went from 2-8 to 7-6. Auburn hired a new coach. AU went from 6-5 to 6-7. Two of these teams headed in the right direction. One headed in the wrong direction. You "give him eight years" folks need to look and see whose team got worse.

General question for you.. Say we fired Harsin this past year or after the coming season. Hire someone else , get the same or similar results after 1 year with that Coach, then What? Just keep canning coaches after 1 year. I just don't understand how that helps AU long term. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

And now we're recruiting lower talent overall and still drastically underwhelming bringing in OL 

23 is Harsins first full recruiting cycle. Prospects weren't even allowed on campus until June of 21 . Relationships start with these prospects their JR yr if not earlier.  If 23 class is a dud, then I will say there's cause for concern. Even though Harsin is against the 8 ball cause of our incompetent handling of the investigation 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Mikey said "correct" not fix....in two classes, two portal classes, Harsin hasn't even addressed it.

I would say successfully addressed it. It is a matter of record that he was recruiting that area, just wasn’t successful at that.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

His recruiting prowess is what directly lead to his firing and why we are where we are and why we struggled so mightily in year 1 under 

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Harsin dropped past average and moved down into a losing season. Most would think that's heading in the wrong direction.

Three new head coaches were hired in the SEC last season. Tennessee hired a new coach. They went from 3-7 to 7-6. South Carolina hired a new coach They went from 2-8 to 7-6. Auburn hired a new coach. AU went from 6-5 to 6-7. Two of these teams headed in the right direction. One headed in the wrong direction. You "give him eight years" folks need to look and see whose team got worse.

Do u wish Malzahn was still the coach? Serious question

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Immediate records after a regime change might not be the best metric to evaluate a coaching hire. 3-9 to 12-2 didn't prove to be very determining

Classic case of smoke and mirrors

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Maybe those upset about OL (should be everyone) will get their wish if UGA takes Will Friend off our hands. Looks like this class has a re-emphasis on getting more back into Atlanta. A lot of guys from that area we seem to be in on

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

💯.  OL  recruiting was terrible. Class rankings are great and all but needs have to be met 

I think alot of people have been enchanted by class rankings this year. Even though we closed really well in Early signing period. The portal is also a whole new ball game. You just can't promise 5 star players or transfers a spot without telling them they also have to earn it. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

When one considers that the 2020 team finished 6-5 versus all major opponents and the 2021 team finished 3-7 versus major opponents, there's not a whole lot to be optimistic about. From 6-5 to 3-7 is quite a drop.

I think it’s quite obvious that your mind is made up.   No need to post anymore negative comments towards CBH.   It’s more than obvious that you were/are a fan of Gus, which is fine.   The problem is that Gus is no longer the  coach no matter what any of us think of him.   I think it would serve everyone that cheers for auburn to hold off on all the negativity.  Not saying you have to toot the horn for CBH, how about just toot the horn for auburn 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Isn't "correct" and "fix" synonymous with each other? 

So you think 8 years of neglect is able to be fixed in 14 months?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shabby said:

There was an abundance of talent to work with in Harsins first year. And where there wasn't talent there was experience.  How you make this statement is baffling. 

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

His downfall was he couldn't run the ball or protect his QB. That all stems from the lack of OL talent on the team. Yes, recruiting and roster management was his downfall

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

23 is Harsins first full recruiting cycle. Prospects weren't even allowed on campus until June of 21 . Relationships start with these prospects their JR yr if not earlier.  If 23 class is a dud, then I will say there's cause for concern. Even though Harsin is against the 8 ball cause of our incompetent handling of the investigation 

We're just going to kick the mythical can down the road and claim excuses each year, aren't we? Last year was his first full year. 23 is his second class

Harsin is behind the 8 ball bc he hasn't done enough to meet ppl and meet prospects in the state.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I would say successfully addressed it. It is a matter of record that he was recruiting that area, just wasn’t successful at that.

s***, I'd take bodied right now. 1 per class and 0fer 2x through the protal isn't good enough.

2 hours ago, au302 said:

Maybe those upset about OL (should be everyone) will get their wish if UGA takes Will Friend off our hands. Looks like this class has a re-emphasis on getting more back into Atlanta. A lot of guys from that area we seem to be in on

yes, we are going to emphasize Atlanta during the most talent rich class in state in the last 15 years

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Isn't "correct" and "fix" synonymous with each other? 

So you think 8 years of neglect is able to be fixed in 14 months?

I feel like fix is all the way competed. You can correct something and put it right on the same path. Probably arguing over words when I know you also agree Harsin hasn't done enough with the OL. 

I agree Gus had issues with the OL. Harsin hasn't don't anything to really correct/fix/start us down a better path

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We're just going to kick the mythical can down the road and claim excuses each year, aren't we? Last year was his first full year. 23 is his second class

Harsin is behind the 8 ball bc he hasn't done enough to meet ppl and meet prospects in the state.

Yeah. I mean sometimes the facts get in the way.

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah. I mean sometimes the facts get in the way.

Of your timeline? Yes. And you've already made excuses for 23

Edited by W.E.D