What Alabama high school coaches have to say about Bryan Harsin

McLoofus

Bo is a QB that can't throw. I don't care how anybody try to dress that up and make that good, it isn't in my eyes. At his best highest most apex level you'll only get 2 td's. And you're not going to get that. 

Bo wasn't ever above average. He was a mediocre qb at best. I don't get how we can't talk about the Ga st game but can talk about LSU. But even so several people in this thread have mentioned the LSU game. That wasn't a good performance. Nobody ever talks about that Texas a&m game. That game was literally right before the miss st one.

Nobody can honestly say they know how Bo will perform, he doesn't perform well against good teams. 

It'll be 2040 and every other thread will still devolve into Nix talk on here, lol. Dude definitely brings out the most ardent defenders and some passionate criticizers.

All funny because he was just a decent to solid QB that had flashes of good and games of awfulness. If Cam came on here he'd be scratching his head wondering why he's not talked about. Jeremy Johnson would be thankful though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bo was a mediocre passer but his mobility made him above average and allowed him to make plays he couldn't in the pocket.

25 minutes ago, au302 said:

It'll be 2040 and every other thread will still devolve into Nix talk on here, lol. Dude definitely brings out the most ardent defenders and some passionate criticizers.

All funny because he was just a decent to solid QB that had flashes of good and games of awfulness. If Cam came on here he'd be scratching his head wondering why he's not talked about. Jeremy Johnson would be thankful though 

There's never been a so so QB to be as hyped. I'll give him that bammer game. After that bunch of stats against suck teams. 

If you had to pick between , stidham, Brandon Cox, Ben Leard to win a game are you picking Bo ahead of those guys?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Or alternatively, we had the talent to phone it in to the tune of 6-2 until the wheels fell off in November.

We had the talent to phone it in over Arky, Ol' Miss and LSU but not talent enough to beat MSU or South Carolina? That doesn't make any sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gr82be said:

You've posted this prediction too many times to count but why does it matter that you predicted 10-2? We can all make predictions but the fact that your 10-2 prediction was based on Auburn's returning talent did not factor in the opponent's returning talent, their improvement or their portal acquisitions makes your prediction meaningless.

Some of our opponents improved. AU should have improved as much or more than they did. So yes, I did factor all that in. 10-2 was doable. How many on here have written that AU would have finished 9-3 had Bo not gotten injured? My 10-2 was well within reason and had we had the improved coaching that was anticipated it should have happened.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

There's never been a so so QB to be as hyped. I'll give him that bammer game. After that bunch of stats against suck teams. 

If you had to pick between , stidham, Brandon Cox, Ben Leard to win a game are you picking Bo ahead of those guys?

Interesting question. Probably not the best person to answer this, but no. Leard isn't remembered as much but he was first team all conference. Cox was a flat out gutsy winner that won us a lot of games, and Stidham is an NFL QB that won here despite his horrible fit in the offense.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, au302 said:

Interesting question. Probably not the best person to answer this, but no. Leard isn't remembered as much but he was first team all conference. Cox was a flat out gutsy winner that won us a lot of games, and Stidham is an NFL QB that won here despite his horrible fit in the offense.

That is an interesting question and given our oline issues I'd likely pick the qb with the best legs. Perhaps that would be Bo, but if I can pick a qb that best addresses the aforementioned concern I'd go D. Craig. Trying to think who had better legs than him and it isn't registering. Perhaps Cam or Marshall get a vote or three.

• Like 1

All the talk of Bo was mediocre, not accurate, not consistent etc. Most of which I agree with.. Yet even with all that, he performed better than TJ ( minus 1 drive vs GA ST).. Bo did win 6 games as a starter. TJ was winless . Yet, he is our best option this Year? Whoever the QB is they better be able to move in the pocket and scramble some. That will be required with our OL

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

Well I'm the one who said Bo was mediocre so I assume you are talking about me. I haven't ever said TJ was the best option or that he was even good.

What I have pointed out that if you have had hope for Bo or you have preached wait for Bo or give Bo a chance or whatever then you have no reason to come to a conclusion that TJ is absolutely not it. 

As far as wins.....I mean have some sort of objectivity. TJ came off the bench didn't get reps and was thrown into the fire. Bo warmed up with trash teams and still didn't beat any good teams. And one of Bo 's wins (ga st) shouldn't really be his and could be argued it should be TJ's

But I don't really care about that I was speaking on play and Bo isn't some superstar QB by any means. He did have nice games against arky and ole miss though. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Alot of folks have said Bo was mediocre.. I mostly agree.. My point being TJ is the exact opposite of Bo. Maybe a little more accurate, ALOT less mobile.. I like a QB who can do both somewhat well. Hence, my like for D Davis. Seems to be a gamer and have the IT factor. But I also know that was HS tape I looked at so who knows if it translates to college

40 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yet, [Finley] is our best option this Year? 

Cite?

41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

What I have pointed out that if you have had hope for Bo or you have preached wait for Bo or give Bo a chance or whatever then you have no reason to come to a conclusion that TJ is absolutely not it. 

This really is it. This is the whole conversation. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

This really is it. This is the whole conversation. 

Bo is gone. TJ isn't gonna get more mobile.. D DAVIS seems to be both. I find it hard to believe Davis game can't translate to college. He played against the best in TX. But we won't know till hopefully this spring how that translates. Nothing personal on TJ,it's with our OL the QB has got to be mobile and move around some. IMO.

I don't have a problem with anybody making their preference. Once again speaking on the people who say I saw all I need from TJ or anything similar to that. 

Definitely agree.  TJ is slightly worse than Bo, but not drastically worse and everyone gave Bo the benefit of the doubt.  Including me, we got in plenty of arguments about how much he could still develop.

TJ isn't that much different, had a single fall/summer under Ensminger.  Then a single fall, where not a lot of development takes place.  Bo lived 2 years under an awful offense & QB developer and ppl had hope.  Not sure why TJ can't be afforded that hope as well.

I've been consistent with the two.  I think TJ can still develop.  He's got the arm talent.,

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Definitely agree.  TJ is slightly worse than Bo, but not drastically worse and everyone gave Bo the benefit of the doubt.  Including me, we got in plenty of arguments about how much he could still develop.

TJ isn't that much different, had a single fall/summer under Ensminger.  Then a single fall, where not a lot of development takes place.  Bo lived 2 years under an awful offense & QB developer and ppl had hope.  Not sure why TJ can't be afforded that hope as well.

I've been consistent with the two.  I think TJ can still develop.  He's got the arm talent.,

Thx for seeing it. I actually was saying I hope tj doesn't play but I'm pretty consistently hard on QB play. I was frustrated with tj's play but he deserves more respect from our fan base the licks he was standing in the pocket taking against bammer. 

Unfortunately since we didn't win I think people don't recognize the heroic stuff he was attempting. We all know he isn't as mobile so his throws good or bad he was waiting until the last minute behind an o line that people went crazy about and took licks in the mouth.

It was also interesting the o line criticism really faded when Bo was hurt.....But that's another discussion!

• Like 2

Bo gives a team like AU an 8 win ceiling.  Gut feeling...TJ gives a team like AU a 4 or 5 win ceiling, but let's see what he can do this Fall...for some at the QB position it doesn't click until later in their career.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

As far as wins.....I mean have some sort of objectivity. TJ came off the bench didn't get reps and was thrown into the fire. Bo warmed up with trash teams and still didn't beat any good teams. And one of Bo 's wins (ga st) shouldn't really be his and could be argued it should be TJ's

When making this statement, I suppose you are limiting that to the past season because Nix has beaten several good teams over the prior two years..  Bo beat Arky and Ol' Miss this past season. Most would consider them to be good teams. Finley couldn't even beat South Carolina, who most would not call a good team.

10 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

That is an interesting question and given our oline issues I'd likely pick the qb with the best legs. Perhaps that would be Bo, but if I can pick a qb that best addresses the aforementioned concern I'd go D. Craig. Trying to think who had better legs than him and it isn't registering. Perhaps Cam or Marshall get a vote or three.

That's true. Obviously we gotta consider that the other guys were running different systems. Better OL talent (not Stid in '18), even though that excuse has been overdone for Bo. My only argument would be that Bo's tendency to bail right causes an OL to look bad even when they form a clean pocket. But yes, this is not a good OL, and even though he made them look worse, leg talent should be considered 

• Like 1

Thx for seeing it. I actually was saying I hope tj doesn't play but I'm pretty consistently hard on QB play. I was frustrated with tj's play but he deserves more respect from our fan base the licks he was standing in the pocket taking against bammer. 

Unfortunately since we didn't win I think people don't recognize the heroic stuff he was attempting. We all know he isn't as mobile so his throws good or bad he was waiting until the last minute behind an o line that people went crazy about and took licks in the mouth.

It was also interesting the o line criticism really faded when Bo was hurt.....But that's another discussion!

Yeah, I've mentioned it before when ppl are 100% against TJ.  He's so damn young.  Maybe he isn't going to develop, maybe he is.  IDK.

The OL is still bad/average at worst, think that's why everyone his clamoring for DD to get his chance.  I can't imagine our OL getting much better.  But it's been more TJ is bad vs well the OL was bad.

Edited by W.E.D

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

When making this statement, I suppose you are limiting that to the past season because Nix has beaten several good teams over the prior two years..  Bo beat Arky and Ol' Miss this past season. Most would consider them to be good teams. Finley couldn't even beat South Carolina, who most would not call a good team.

What several good teams are those? And you wanting to do your Bo vs Finley thing as if I care. They both are mediocre. If you want to pretend arky and ole miss are elite go ahead but that's laughable to me. And tank beat ole miss, no mistake about that.

With Bo you're usually going to get 1 td passes. 2 if you're very lucky. You're not going to find games where Bo carried the team. He's an ok if the run game is going you have a chance qb. Mediocre. 

He's not a top 5 qb here and we're not even a passing school

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Bo couldn't beat South Carolina in 2020. 

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT QBR
Bo Nix 24/47 272 5.8 1 3 48.9

Neither have been very good, but one gets the benefit of the doubt from a large group on here. That's the entire point. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1