What Alabama high school coaches have to say about Bryan Harsin

McLoofus

Are we really burning up a thread arguing about a former player who will bring chaos, joy and controversy to an opponent's locker room?  

Man...

Let's move on and break down Robbie Ashford vs. TJ Finley or something more relevant.    I wish every former Auburn player well.   If you want the real skinny, just message me.  I have all the answers.  I am an expert on Monday mornings.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

If 60% of a team is phoning it in there's something bad wrong with the coaching. Harsin was there through spring practice, summer workouts and fall camp. He was there when the team started the season 6-2. If players suddenly started phoning it in over the last third of the season, that's on coaching.

Or alternatively, we had the talent to phone it in to the tune of 6-2 until the wheels fell off in November. 

And no, you can't blame the lack of buy-in on the coaches who had been at Auburn less than a year. That's ridiculous. What is Harsin suppose to do? Beat them into submission? Maybe verbally abuse them? You can't just force your vision on a kid(s) especially when they've been conditioned to doing things a different way.

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Overall he played pretty poorly.  Stats back that up.  His running ability probably won that game more than being a typical QB

A qb that was mostly a runner was a very bad thing on this board until Bo came I want to point out.

But everybody knows how Mikey rolls but his cheerleading is inadvertently making, well not making but highlighting my point. 

Just the game themselves the defenses would have been completely different so I don't think it's as certain as some say as far as if he plays it's a definite win. Bammer is going to eat that running in circle stuff up.  But yeah it's just my opinion

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I can only imagine the meltdown on this board if a certain QB isn't named the starter. It will be EPIC

Which one is that?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

A qb that was mostly a runner was a very bad thing on this board until Bo came I want to point out.

But everybody knows how Mikey rolls but his cheerleading is inadvertently making, well not making but highlighting my point. 

Just the game themselves the defenses would have been completely different so I don't think it's as certain as some say as far as if he plays it's a definite win. Bammer is going to eat that running in circle stuff up.  But yeah it's just my opinion

Definitely agree with Bama.  USC/Houston weren't good enough to dictate anything like Bama/UGA could.

But at the same time we saw a couple great halves of football followed by disasters in the next half.  That was coaching down.  Could have happened in those games too vs a full game of bad offense and we still lose.

None of them are auto wins.  8-5 feels much more likely.  I'd also prefer that so ppl can just STFU about 5 losses in a row.  Dumbest talking point ever. 

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Which one is that?

Don't really get it b/c it seems like lots of ppl want the TrFr, lots want DD b/c apparently HS football, then Calzada and probably near no one is rooting for TJ due him not being the shiny flashy new thing.

Don't see anyone really overly favored. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/6/2022 at 9:06 AM, Mikey said:

Is it? My prediction pre-season was 10-2, based on returning talent and the alleged better coaching that was supposed to exist. That didn't come close to happening

You've posted this prediction too many times to count but why does it matter that you predicted 10-2? We can all make predictions but the fact that your 10-2 prediction was based on Auburn's returning talent did not factor in the opponent's returning talent, their improvement or their portal acquisitions makes your prediction meaningless. I just wish you'd get that. I mean, if I say they will go 1-11 next season and we win 7 games then Harsin's done more than expected? Is that your logic? Many on here thought 7-8 wins would be about right. Your prediction doesn't mean Harsin's first year results were worse than they should have been. They were just worse than they could have been. 6-2 should have resulted in a better end than it did. Please stop with the 10-2 prediction stuff, you were the only one setting those lofty expectations and I can't even remember you setting those for Gus. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

LOL really?

I actually feel like DD is the one with the most support. Not just on here but in general. Lots of calls for him since he signed with us. So if there's going to be a melt, it will be that. 

18 minutes ago, au302 said:

I actually feel like DD is the one with the most support. Not just on here but in general. Lots of calls for him since he signed with us. So if there's going to be a melt, it will be that. 

Hmmmmm, not sure about that

12 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Hmmmmm, not sure about that

40 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I can only imagine the meltdown on this board if a certain QB isn't named the starter. It will be EPIC

So you were pretty sure of something here, what was it?

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

You've posted this prediction too many times to count but why does it matter that you predicted 10-2? We can all make predictions but the fact that your 10-2 prediction was based on Auburn's returning talent did not factor in the opponent's returning talent, their improvement or their portal acquisitions makes your prediction meaningless. I just wish you'd get that. I mean, if I say they will go 1-11 next season and we win 7 games then Harsin's done more than expected? Is that your logic? Many on here thought 7-8 wins would be about right. Your prediction doesn't mean Harsin's first year results were worse than they should have been. They were just worse than they could have been. 6-2 should have resulted in a better end than it did. Please stop with the 10-2 prediction stuff, you were the only one setting those lofty expectations and I can't even remember you setting those for Gus. 

I agree. Especially when you literally had two position groups with absolutely no starting experience returning. And you're installing a new offense and defense. And as far as defense go you are making a huge gap as far as technique. You guys who played linebacker their entire life trying d line for the first time and stuff like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So what if Bo comes in and fumbles while doing one of runs while holding the ball out or throws a pick or whatever? 

Nobody knows

Did anybody watch the combine? Did you see the difference in athlete as far as Georgia and us? When people laugh at the oh he wanted attention or the don't have to recruit hard, or my favorite he wasn't an Auburn man and all that bull.....just remember to laugh when we play head to head. Because there's no coaching that talent gap.

Edited by cole256
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

LOL really?

I would have to agree, I have no idea who you are referring to either.  I have absolutely no idea who will be our started for 2022.  To settle my curiosity, who are you referring to?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I would have to agree, I have no idea who you are referring to either.  I have absolutely no idea who will be our started for 2022.  To settle my curiosity, who are you referring to?

I was just reading the tea leaves from earlier posts

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Defense against Bama played lights out until OT. With that defensive effort and a healthy Nix, I can see that as a win.

With Nix, we would have been behind by 3 TD's going into the 4th quarter. He would have had at least 3 TO's, one a pick six, by then.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tmoney56 said:

With Nix, we would have been behind by 3 TD's going into the 4th quarter. He would have had at least 3 TO's, one a pick six, by then.

Ok

46 minutes ago, Tmoney56 said:

OR.. on the flip side, none of that happens and he runs a bootleg on the last drive and we ice the game away.. I was clamoring for TJ as much as anyone.. But after Bo got hurt and TJ went in, I knew right away why Bo was the starter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Did anybody watch the combine? Did you see the difference in athlete as far as Georgia and 

That dude that ran a 4.78 40 at 6’5” and 340…👀👀👀

45 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

That dude that ran a 4.78 40 at 6’5” and 340…👀👀👀

Man. That was almost as fast as McClain

• Like 1

I'll never understand why this has to be an either or with Bo. Usually somewhere in the middle is where the truth is. Bo was never a great QB but he was definitely above average. Bo's biggest problem was his inconsistency. Unfortunately, I fear we may be going to miss Bo being the QB in 2022.

Calzada at A&M was just as inconsistent as Bo was. But right now I'd say Bo is a better QB than Calzada imo. Bo beat LSU, Arkansas, and Ole Miss in 2021. Calzada lost to LSU, Arkansas, and Ole Miss with a better supporting cast at A&M than Bo had at Auburn. You can point to the Georgia State game all you want to knock Bo but he played better after the Georgia State game until the A&M game and Bo was having a decent game against Miss. State until he got hurt. On the drive that Bo got hurt, we had a FG get blocked.

2nd half MSU, Bo stays healthy, but Leach subs his entire squad for Mike Ditka.

Ditka!

snl_da_bears.jpeg