What Alabama high school coaches have to say about Bryan Harsin

McLoofus

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

And yet, the QB who broke Auburn's career yardage record jumped ship for another program. Who was smart, Bo or Shrenker?

No one should ever parrot Auburns receiving or passing yard records as anything monumental.

They are all pathetic 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

don't see why it's a sure assumption that we win if Bo played......Bo isn't good either

Every game? No. I can get behind nit saying it definitively. Finely was much worse than Bo and missed short/intermediate passes (where Bo is actually ok-ish). Bo's running ability helped mask some of his deficiencies and moved chains.

We beat USC and Houston at a minimum. I could see Bama going either way. We've seen our offense collapse, with Bo, in a 2nd half. So I'm 50/50 if our offense could do anything vs MSU, but I feel like we'd be better if his ankle wasn't broken.

At worst, 8-5, I think everyone would be a lot less doom and gloom. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Especially not after the last two attempts of giving it failed so badly

What two attempts are we talking about for assistants?

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

No one should ever parrot Auburns receiving or passing yard records as anything monumental.

They are all pathetic 

Over the years, I have seen some posters here that I felt were still lamenting legalization of the forward pass.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

What two attempts are we talking about for assistants?

No, let me clarify. Two attempts at giving the HC some OJT at Auburn. Chiz and Gus both were trying to figure it out the entire time here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No, let me clarify. Two attempts at giving the HC some OJT at Auburn. Chiz and Gus both were trying to figure it out the entire time here.

OK. Thought we were talking assistants, where we have a mostly good track record 

Earlier this year, the Auburn football coaching staff had a Zoom meeting with parents/families of the players. Auburn football coach Bryan Harsin wasn't on it.

Monday night, another Zoom call took place.

This time, Harsin was on the call, along with Auburn athletics director Allen Greene. During this Zoom meeting with parents/families, those two introduced Auburn's new assistants to everyone -- and they gave an overview of where things stand within the program.

From talking with sources (who, it should be noted, reached out to us), here's what we learned about this call:

-Harsin's message was that the players are united, focused and working hard in the weight room. He said he feels a momentum shift with the guys and added he was proud of the way the team leadership spoke with the administration and trustees recently. He said they were fine young men.

-Harsin seemed to be more organized than last year -- and invited the families to come to upcoming practices. He probably spoke for 30-plus minutes and took questions afterwards. Those questions/comments generally were a show of support for him from the parents.

-Harsin told his audience he learned more in his first year at Auburn than in all his previous head coaching career.

-Said a source: "He was upbeat and positive.

-When Harsin wasn't on the call earlier this year I got the feeling some parents/families weren't thrilled, especially given all the winter departures of players and assistants. So him being on the call Monday night was a big deal to the ones that reached out to me. And Harsin's efforts were greatly appreciated I'm told.

-Said one player parent of Monday's call: "I think he’s trying to be better about family relations."

As for Greene .... we're told he addressed some of the program issues that came up this winter. He told the parents/families that things in public are not always what’s going on behind the scenes, but didn’t elaborate on that.

In summation ...

Overall, it sounds like things went well. Another positive step, as one parent told us.

This came from somewhere and was sent to me. This is overall good news bc it seems harsin is learning and adjusting. Hope it continues. But damn it amazes me he thought he just didn't need to do so many if the things he didn't do.

Step forward tho

Edited by W.E.D

55 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Like I said, I didn't watch.  Why would it have taken a miracle

There’s probably a game thread on that. We couldn’t move the ball consistently in the 2nd half and we couldn’t stop them from scoring.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

They are all pathetic 

Absolutely. It's like the reverse of people kept saying never lost how ever many at the end of a season........It's sort of sensationalism

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

This came from somewhere and was sent to me. This is overall good news bc it seems harsin is learning and adjusting. Hope it continues. But damn it amazes me he thought he just didn't need to do so many if the things he didn't do.

Step forward tho

Premium Content here! Should probably have waited a day or two, or summarize it.

Edited by toddc

On 2/27/2022 at 12:33 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

It's shocking to see so many Gustav fans still around. 

I mean, is it really?  There are plenty of people around that were/are perfectly content with mediocrity.  That's how they live their lives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fishepa said:

I mean, is it really?  There are plenty of people around that were/are perfectly content with mediocrity.  That's how they live their lives. 

Yeah, u got a point

11 hours ago, W.E.D said:

They are all pathetic 

Not as pathetic as using Shrenker's pass catching stats as a mark of excellence, and that was the subject being discussed..

I wonder if Harsin gets this thing rolling  in recruiting and that momentum carriers over and we have a good/great season,  what will some posters post About? Some will go thru withdrawals if they can't bash Harsin or the program.. BTW I'm not talking about posters who critique fairly. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I wonder if Harsin gets this thing rolling  in recruiting and that momentum carriers over and we have a good/great season,  what will some posters post About? Some will go thru withdrawals if they can't bash Harsin or the program.. BTW I'm not talking about posters who critique fairly. 

If we have a great season I'll happily hold the crown and place it on his head while Harsin is declared national coach of the year. I'm hoping for a great season and expecting 5-7 or 4-8.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2022 at 5:09 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

I wonder if it will be like the Gus bashers.....still blaming everything on him two year later ....or Jeremy Johnson...or take your pick from several options that still pop up year after year.

One thing is for sure.....the hypocrisy will still be thriving. 

FWIW.....Harsin is not a popular guy. But I seriously doubt anyone wants the players to suffer through another bad season. I cannot imagine how dispiriting it was to live through the chaos of the last year. Most Auburn fans want the idiocy to stop. Harsin was a part of that nightmare, and he is not excused from his role in it.  Some fans may not be  Harsin cheerleaders, but still want the team to do well. The two are not mutually exclusive. It's not always that cut and dried. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I wonder if it will be like the Gus bashers.....still blaming everything on him two year later ....or Jeremy Johnson...or take your pick from several options that still pop up year after year.

One thing is for sure.....the hypocrisy will still be thriving. 

FWIW.....Harsin is not a popular guy. But I seriously doubt anyone wants the players to suffer through another bad season. I cannot imagine how dispiriting it was to live through the chaos of the last year. Most Auburn fans want the idiocy to stop. Harsin was a part of that nightmare, and he is not excused from his role in it.  Some fans may not be  Harsin cheerleaders, but still want the team to do well. The two are not mutually exclusive. It's not always that cut and dried. 

I dont care if he is popular or not. He gave the middle finger to the PTB. He just needs to win ballgames and that will take care of most of the issues. He wins and he will be more popular than Toomers lemonade for the ones who care bout popularity. Winning cures alot of what ails ya. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

WIW.....Harsin is not a popular guy

You must have missed the Coaches Conference announcement CBH is hosting in March 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 6:11 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

Winning cures alot of what ails ya.

True. To date, all Harsin has accomplished in the winning area is to lead AU to its first losing season since 2012. How many losing seasons does he get?

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

True. To date, all Harsin has accomplished in the winning area is to lead AU to its first losing season since 2012. How many losing seasons does he get?

As many as it takes to purge the Gusness out of the program

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

The NFL combine is happening right now. Over 80 players from the SEC were invited. Exactly 3 were from Auburn. Good enough for dead last in the SEC West. For perspective Ole Miss had 8 and Arky had 5. It’s far more embarrassing for me to see that list and see us at the bottom of it that it is to have one losing season.  That list reflects player development and that falls squarely 100% on the previous coach. You can believe Harsin ain’t the right guy and may be right. And you can believe Gus was a swell guy. But if we don’t change the trajectory of that list more losing seasons are headed our way no matter who the coach is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

As many as it takes to purge the Gusness out of the program

The question remains: Will Harsin be able to match Gus's record of never having a losing season? Oh wait! That's already been answered and the answer is NO. So far, Gusness is better than Harsiness.

15 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

reflects player development and that falls squarely 100% on the previous coach.

The current coach who had a full cycle to work with them bears no responsibility?

I don't know if Harsin is the right guy or not. So far it's not looking good. It was time for a change from Gus and we got a change. As I have pointed out numerous times, it's normal for teams in Auburn's position to go through three or more coaches before they hit on a keeper. We've been lucky in the past but nobody should be surprised if our luck has run out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The question remains: Will Harsin be able to match Gus's record of never having a losing season? Oh wait! That's already been answered and the answer is NO. So far, Gusness is better than Harsiness.

The current coach who had a full cycle to work with them bears no responsibility?

I don't know if Harsin is the right guy or not. So far it's not looking good. It was time for a change from Gus and we got a change. As I have pointed out numerous times, it's normal for teams in Auburn's position to go through three or more coaches before they hit on a keeper. We've been lucky in the past but nobody should be surprised if our luck has run out.

Maybe so, maybe not. Don't know yet

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Maybe so, maybe not. Don't know yet

The start is not impressive.

Tennessee's new coach took them from 3-7 to 7-6. South Carolina's new coach took them from 2-8 to 7-6. Auburn's new coach took them from 6-5 to 6-7. One of these three things is different from the other two. Can you tell which is different?