What Alabama high school coaches have to say about Bryan Harsin

McLoofus

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That was later that night...😉

We actually did make a Taco Bell run at like 4 in the morning on our wedding night. I really shouldn't have been driving. My bride was drinking champagne in the passenger seat. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Then it would be a very different comment than the one he made. 

And it would be illogical to assume that the games play out in a similar fashion with a very different quarterback and type of team leader under center. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8e978d135b9f550d2ee7d1332dbd079b.jpeg

Only 1 out of 500 billion scenarios plays out with us winning MSU thru Bama and that was with Pegues at QB.  Sorry guys.

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

As I posted few days ago. Short term pain, long term gain. 1st step to building a program. 

Key word is short. Short isn't going to be five years. If Harsin doesn't change the trajectory he's currently on with recruiting and quickly, it will be at least that long before we have a chance to dig out of the hole. And he had a small part in that, it wasn't entirely Malzahn.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

image.thumb.jpeg.8e978d135b9f550d2ee7d1332dbd079b.jpeg

Only 1 out of 500 billion scenarios plays out with us winning MSU thru Bama and that was with Pegues at QB.  Sorry guys.

I didn't watch it, so I can't speak with any certainty, so I'm genuinely asking. If Nix hadn't broken his ankle, do you think we win MSU?

4 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Key word is short. Short isn't going to be five years. If Harsin doesn't change the trajectory he's currently on with recruiting and quickly, it will be at least that long before we have a chance to dig out of the hole. And he had a small part in that, it wasn't entirely Malzahn.

I agree. '23 is the determinating class, IMO.

Many that are judging him on the his first class and a half don't quite understand where he began from.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Ok

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I didn't watch it, so I can't speak with any certainty, so I'm genuinely asking. If Nix hadn't broken his ankle, do you think we win MSU?

That one's fair to predict a dub with Nix still in, IMO. The IB is the main one that I don't agree with and that prompted my comments earlier. 

I know you weren't asking me, though.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Many that are judging him on the his first class and a half don't quite understand where he began from.

Agreed about '23, and that was my initial position on Harsin. I just couldn't have imagined the post-bowl through NSD mess. Not signing any kids on 2/2... there's just no way to sugar coat that. But a truly strong '23 class would put the train right back on the tracks and make me, at least, feel a little silly for my February hysterics. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That one's fair to predict a dub with Nix still in, IMO. The IB is the main one that I don't agree with and that prompted my comments earlier. 

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Agreed about '23, and that was my initial position on Harsin. I just couldn't have imagined the post-bowl through NSD mess. Not signing any kids on 2/2... there's just no way to sugar coat that. But a truly strong '23 class would put the train right back on the tracks and make me, at least, feel a little silly for my February hysterics. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not signing any kids on 2/2... there's just no way to sugar coat that.

Absolutely!  Terrible optics on top of a terrible performance makes for a terrible start of the year.

• Like 1

Even with a good ‘23 class you shouldn’t feel silly about how we finished ‘22. That was definitely disappointing, we didn’t close out on anybody. Can’t remember the last time I’ve seen Auburn do that

2 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Even with a good ‘23 class you shouldn’t feel silly about how we finished ‘22. That was definitely disappointing, we didn’t close out on anybody. Can’t remember the last time I’ve seen Auburn do that

What I would feel silly about is my confidence that 12/21-2/22 is a predictor of Harsin's full capabilities as our coach. It might be and I don't feel silly about it yet. But @bigbird and others are 100% right that it's too early to shut that door. 

Harsin has earned the criticism, IMO, but he's gotten himself up off the mat. We bought the tickets, might as well watch the rest of the fight. 

Hopefully that will be all I contribute to Mixed Metaphor Tuesday. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

If we didn't play Samford before bama we lose 5 straight.

If we play Samford this year before bama, we don't lose 5 straight. 

21 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Absolutely. Malzahn was good at pulling in numbers, but not filling needs. Harsin easily has one of the toughest jobs of any coach in the major conferences. I just hope he's changed his alleged approach of trying to win with less. We need to build a roster and that's going to take everything we can get. Early reports this recruiting season are promising, though, so we'll see how it goes. 

• Like 1

I don't see why it's a sure assumption that we win if Bo played......Bo isn't good either.

Basically everything still comes down to what Harsin does from here. He's done some stupid stuff but it doesn't necessarily means he will fail. But it's enough for people to think oh no. 

Growing up, my friends and I had this thing when driving, if you swerved, drifted, just anything stupid around 3-4 times didn't matter if it was your car you had to let the other person drive. Maybe you were tired and didn't realize or whatever but one thing for sure we weren't going to sit idly by and not address it. 

Harsin has done enough to make you look up and look at him and say you alright? What's going on with you? Rough night? 

It's up to him if the keys get taken away. Nobody can be mad that people are looking at him out the side of their eyes making sure everything is ok. It's been a bumpy ride

Edited by cole256
  • Like 6
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I'm proud to see you listened to me and agreed about that

• Haha 1

Just now, cole256 said:

I'm proud to see you listened to me and agreed about that

What do you expect when I send you the material? 😉

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's up to him if the keys get taken away. Nobody can be mad that people are looking at him out the side of their eyes making sure everything is ok. It's been a bumpy ride

Yep. Also, we say all the time that Auburn isn't a job where assistant coaches should be getting on the job training. Seems logical to say then that it sure as hell isn't a job where the head coach should be afforded that luxury, either. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Yep. Also, we say all the time that Auburn isn't a job where assistant coaches should be getting on the job training. Seems logical to say then that it sure as hell isn't a job where the head coach should be afforded that luxury, either. 

Especially not after the last two attempts of giving it failed so badly

• Like 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not even......well that's a lie but what I'm trying to say is the thing that piss me off the most isn't the recruiting but not listening and keeping your team......but that's over with I guess. He just put himself behind. If I'm about to race usain bolt, the last thing I want to do is give him a head start. The race is hard enough.

But if he don't give up I won't!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Especially not after the last two attempts of giving it failed so badly

Gus really changed my notions about an innate ability to observe, learn and adapt. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

But if he don't give up I won't!

Yep. He's still the coach. Feels like we're watching that show 24 and it's about to go to commercial, but Kiefer Sutherland kept his daughter and the President alive for that whole day, sooooo....

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

We should schedule Samford more then but I was talking about poor finishing in recruiting 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

We should schedule Samford more then but I was talking about poor finishing in recruiting 

My B 

Yeah February was unprecedented. Hopefully, we can look back and think, Damn that move was brilliant

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

I try not to dwell on Ifs…b/c it’s generally fruitless…what happened, happened.  If you held a gun to my head…probably not…would’ve taken a miracle.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

I try not to dwell on Ifs…b/c it’s generally fruitless…what happened, happened.  If you held a gun to my head…probably not…would’ve taken a miracle.

Like I said, I didn't watch.  Why would it have taken a miracle