What Alabama high school coaches have to say about Bryan Harsin

McLoofus

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

When did your wife stop speaking to you?

The second she found out about me.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

When did your wife stop speaking to you?

After the cake, why?

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

It was reported that Tank was on the fence and thinking of leaving. Also reports explained that Harsin personally sat with Tank and talked him off the ledge. I have no reason to believe that these reports are not true. 
Now…. Tank is not one of Harsins ”guys”. He is also our best player and a highly ranked recruit.

This report refutes the negative rumors about Harsin not wanting to go after good players and not taking time to get to know players situations and being content with his blue collar three star recruits. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Positive recruiting insider on that side if anyone is interested in some positive recruiting news and not the usual Harsin shortcomings on recruiting that get regurgitated over and over.

7 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

FWIW not justifying anything. Sarcasm intended for another poster who seems to believe that 2020 was somehow a splendid season since we finished 6-5 instead of 6-7. 

I didn't say 2020 was a splendid season. I did and do say that 2020's 6-5 against major competition is vastly better than 2021's 3-7 against major competition.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

His record breaking season is a dream or a wish? Weird

And yet, the QB who broke Auburn's career yardage record jumped ship for another program. Who was smart, Bo or Shrenker?

13 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I have to give it to u Mikey. U hang in their with Gus, just like a rusty fish hook. Nobody can say u waffle

Do you charge Gus rent? He sure stays in your head. You should get something for all the discomfort he causes you. You even mention him when nobody else is thinking about him. He's got plenty of money, demand a raise in the rent he pays you..

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Do you charge Gus rent? He sure stays in your head. You should get something for all the discomfort he causes you. You even mention him when nobody else is thinking about him. He's got plenty of money, demand a raise in the rent he pays you..

Ha Ha.. He's your Bro, not mine. It's OK though, alot of folks have trouble letting go

Edited by NWALA Tiger

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

And yet, the QB who broke Auburn's career yardage record jumped ship for another program. Who was smart, Bo or Shrenker?

I'd say the one that remained in the system that allowed him to set the record.  

I look at Bo's post season very similarly as I looked at Lincoln Riley's.  Probably the smartest move professionally, but not necessarily a good look

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 10:12 PM, bigbird said:

So you're upset that two pieces that weren't fits have been replaced?

I've been super high on Dee Davis. I think he will do great, but I don't think he will necessarily do great things at Auburn.  That is a fit issue, not a Dee issue or a Harsin issue. Sometimes things just don't line up like we want.

As far as recruiting, you were freaking before ENSD, then he came through and you even admitted he did well.  He failed miserably on NSD and hasn't yet made any noise in the portal. That doesn't change the work he did up to December, not is it an indicator of his or the staff's overall recruiting ability. It seems to me, he has a plan and is working the plan. Unfortunately, that plan doesn't mesh with the plan fans think is appropriate or necessary.

We would’ve won the west if he had stayed healthy. So yes, he absolutely was a fit.

Edited by AUwent

59 minutes ago, AUwent said:

We would’ve won the west if he had stayed healthy.

Most likely. Many ignore that fact in the attempt to tarnish CBH.  To me, your point indicates we are heading in the right direction, being guided, possibly, by the right coach.  We'll see if he's the right coach and I'll support him until he has had a reasonable chance to prove himself right or wrong. 14 months isn't reasonable, IMO.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

he absolutely was a fit.

To follow your edit...one can be a great coach or player and not be the right fit.

Think Westbrook with the Lakers, Odell in Cleveland, or Lane Kiffen at bama. There are 100's of example of teams getting better when "stars" move on.  Like it or not, no matter who's fault or the why it didn't work, Mason and Bo didn't fit into the program and culture CBH is trying to build.  Knowing that, why would any want to remain in a difficult/uncomfortable situation if they didn't have to?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AUwent said:

We would’ve won the west if he had stayed healthy. So yes, he absolutely was a fit.

< Clever cliche that disproves your hypothetical scenario not grounded in reality. >

38 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

< Clever cliche that disproves your hypothetical scenario not grounded in reality. >

What if he had said, "we would've been in a better position to compete and if the games played out in similar fashion but with a healthy Bo, then most likely it would've resulted in a win."

12 hours ago, GreenTiger said:

It was reported that Tank was on the fence and thinking of leaving. Also reports explained that Harsin personally sat with Tank and talked him off the ledge. I have no reason to believe that these reports are not true. 
Now…. Tank is not one of Harsins ”guys”. He is also our best player and a highly ranked recruit.

This report refutes the negative rumors about Harsin not wanting to go after good players and not taking time to get to know players situations and being content with his blue collar three star recruits. 

We paid Tank to stay. 

As for whether or not Harsin wants to go after good players, of course he does. If anyone said anything to the contrary, they misspoke. What remains to be seen is if Harsin is willing to do what it takes to get them. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What if he had said, "we would've been in a better position to compete and, if the games played out in similar fashion but with a healthy Bo, then most likely it would've resulted in a win."

Then it would be a very different comment than the one he made. 

And it would be illogical to assume that the games play out in a similar fashion with a very different quarterback and type of team leader under center. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Most likely. Many ignore that fact in the attempt to tarnish CBH.  To me, your point indicates we are heading in the right direction, being guided, possibly, by the right coach.  We'll see if he's the right coach and I'll support him until he has had a reasonable chance to prove himself right or wrong. 14 months isn't reasonable, IMO.

Couldn't that have potentially been a blessing in disguise that we didn't win the west last year?  I know that sounds really bad to say but hear me out.  If we did win the west, or beat Alabama, wouldn't that have reinforced in Harsin's mind that he does not need to change anything and that his recruiting philosophy is perfect the way it is (not going after top recruits).  Kind of like Malzahn going to the National Championship in year one.  It entrenched in his mind his offense couldn't ever be stopped.

• Like 1

Just now, abw0004 said:

Couldn't that have potentially been a blessing in disguise that we didn't win the west last year?  I know that sounds really bad to say but hear me out.  If we did win the west, or beat Alabama, wouldn't that have reinforced in Harsin's mind that he does not need to change anything and that his recruiting philosophy is perfect the way it is (not going after top recruits).  Kind of like Malzahn going to the National Championship in year one.  It entrenched in his mind his offense couldn't ever be stopped.

Exactly, I want some growing pains, I want it to be a hard struggle. I want them to earn every single inch they have to climb to become successful. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Then it would be a very different comment than the one he made. 

And it would be illogical to assume that the games play out in a similar fashion with a very different quarterback and type of team leader under center. 

Different and yet similar, although truncated.

You're right and they didn't. Finley wasn't Bo and we lost out.

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Exactly, I want some growing pains, I want it to be a hard struggle. I want them to earn every single inch they have to climb to become successful. 

As I posted few days ago. Short term pain, long term gain. 1st step to building a program. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Wow you had a cake I assume Dairy Queen

That was later that night...😉

• Haha 3