What Alabama high school coaches have to say about Bryan Harsin

McLoofus

17 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

You wanna go down that road, buddy.  I mean I am amazed that you are on this board still.  You have posted so much information from pay boards as your own it is mind numbing.

lmao WTF are you talking about now?  Weird empty threats after name calling b/c I don't praise everything Harsin does & OK to criticize him. 

It's wild, in this every thread I speak good. 

Edited by W.E.D

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

Several have been added to mine since this debacle. It honestly makes it a pleasant experience for everyone including people who read content . That way posters don’t have to see the same arguments being had over and over. 

i'm-so-happy-andnot'at-all-jealous.-frie

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Harsin inherited a roster with enough talent to have an excellent season. We all know that didn't happen.

He definitely inherited a solid roster outside of wr which of course we have now lost the two bright spots at wr -- idk if an excellent season was probable but the talent was there to be possible. I think we all knew it was going to be tough and hiring Bobo didn't bode well for an explosive offense. But this idea that he hired some destitute roster because of Malzahn is growing increasingly tiresome and old. That said, in Easton Harris Jr we trust.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, provibe said:

I may be wrong, but I don’t remember anyone saying that we should give him 8 years. 

This is what I was referring to:

On 2/27/2022 at 7:52 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

Let's give him 8 yrs then reconvene ok?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

The ignore function is a God send and a wonderful feature to employ. 

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

I think I may have to finally do it, have tried to not do it.

I have never had to use the ignore function before, and don't intend too.  Sure, it gets testy on here.  But at the end of the day if you treat people with respect (even when they don't deserve it) you can rest easy.  We all come here to learn and help make this forum a better place.  And the MOD's do a great job of keeping the peace and keeping the trolling posters away.  Usually any disagreement comes down to a miscommunication somewhere, unless someone is just being flat-out rude.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I have never had to use the ignore function before, and don't intend too.  Sure, it gets testy on here.  But at the end of the day if you treat people with respect (even when they don't deserve it) you can rest easy.  We all come here to learn and help make this forum a better place.  And the MOD's do a great job of keeping the peace and keeping the trolling posters away.  Usually any disagreement comes down to a miscommunication somewhere, unless someone is just being flat-out rude.

Shut up, you twitt

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

I think I may have to finally do it, have tried to not do it.

Give it a shot, it's not permanent you can always bring them back into your fold any time you want.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Give it a shot, it's not permanent you can always bring them back into your fold any time you want.   

Yep. I've taken several people off ignore. Most of them end up getting muted again for good but there are a couple who I realized I'd made a mistake by ignoring. It can be thought of as "time out". 

And I should add that it's not entirely about "them". Putting them on ignore means neither they nor anyone else have to put up with as much of *my* BS. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, woodford said:

Justifying a loss to South Carolina. My goodness this program is doomed unless something drastic happens soon. 

FWIW not justifying anything. Sarcasm intended for another poster who seems to believe that 2020 was somehow a splendid season since we finished 6-5 instead of 6-7. 

11 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

FWIW not justifying anything. Sarcasm intended for another poster who seems to believe that 2020 was somehow a splendid season since we finished 6-5 instead of 6-7. 

Understood. Didn’t read the whole thread. We’re still not in a great spot at the moment. 

On 2/25/2022 at 8:31 PM, Barnacle said:

Can’t chalk not visiting these schools up to laziness. That’s not Harsin. 

Agreed.

My immediate reaction to the article is to analyze the problem logistically.  How much time on average does a single visit take?  (And keep in mind this is a first visit - you cannot establish a relationship in a few minutes.) 

There are so many hours in the day, no matter how hard you work.  Considering he's new to the job, is it realistic to expect him to have visited every largish high school in the state at this point?

I don't really buy into these theories that he's not all that interested in highly ranked players.  At this point I am willing to give him some slack.  It's going to take more time (than we would like) for him to get up to full speed in recruiting. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

This is what I was referring to:

Like I said, I didn’t remember anyone saying that but to me, you made it sound like several people were saying that. If I misinterpreted then I sincerely apologize.

20 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Absolutely hilarious from a random guy who just posted 4x in a row.

Hadn’t been on here in a bit and was just commenting as I read posts. Guess it did look a little hypocritical but the negativity on the exact same thing just gets old to me. Guess maybe I just need to stay away longer and not go back to catch up!

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I am dull enough that I can ignore wo using automation.

I'm just glad somebody wrote about things some of us would say and people would get upset and say it's not true. Then if you move the logic to being well maybe the reason some are so adamant and against these ideas is because they didn't play or didn't get exposed to that culture so they can't see or sympathize to it. Well then that upsets everybody and it's another fight.

So very glad that it's showing that some of this stuff is real and it actually exists

• Like 1

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Understood. Didn’t read the whole thread. We’re still not in a great spot at the moment. 

Agreed. We have a significant uphill climb as a current team and as a future program. Bama has pulled away from everyone, now UGA is doing the same, LSU will be back very soon, and TAMU continues to build a monster roster. Throw in the Sooners and Texas soon and we better get into turbo mode. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cbo said:

even when everything is moving in the right direction.

Man I would say that the last time that happened was when Dye was HC and AD. Be nice to see all parts of the program and University and PTB's pulling in the same direction again.

Interesting to see the pitchforks and the pick a side! mantra. 

It's sad how we do this with coaches and QB's....have to pick a side and then be against or negative to any other thought that don't line up.

Was hoping that my hometown of Enterprise would get a shout-out.