Kodi Burns to NO Saints

Auctoritas

6 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

War eagle, Kodi, and good luck. 

I know a lot of people here griped about him as WR Coach, but he must be doing something right. 

@RunInRed, if this doesn't show you the need for the "wow" reaction...

Man, this has got to be near the top of the list of things I didn't expect to read today. How awesome for him and shame on those of us who doubted him!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

I know a lot of people here griped about him as WR Coach, but he must be doing something right. 

So proud of this dude. Shows how many of these dudes on here have no clue what they are talking about 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Really awesome to hear, hope it all goes well for him there.

37 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

this is bull crap. what about all our aufam experts saying he was not a good receivers coach? i will pose a two week timeout for myslef if fifty of yall would come out and own this......................hell they were a bunch of guys. so many that i was beginning to doubt him. anyway i love this!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

So proud of this dude. Shows how many of these dudes on here have no clue what they are talking about 

There were MANY on this forum that constantly complained as to what a terrible wr coach he was

• Like 3

I recall the complaints about Kodi were more about his recruiting ability and the issues and gaffs he had early on. By the end of his time here, I think he had figured it out.

• Like 2

Initially the all knowledgeable posters said he couldn't recruit then we started getting some highly rated WR's, then those same people changed and said he couldn't coach the WR's. The only truth to that is the same truth to the same people saying Craig couldn't coach WR's.  The truth is that Gus WR passing tree was so limited there wasn't much to coach and that is why so many receivers if they got a chance in NFL found out all the things that we never ran here. Both Kodi and Craig turned out to be solid WR coaches when they had a passing offense that was not created before the 2oth century.

War Eagle Kodi.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2

Well look at that. Supposedly the coach who can't coach wr seems to be wanted by the NFL........

Maybe, just maybe it's stupid to keep saying when a wr drop a ball to go to the ol wr coach can't coach thing that many on here like to do......

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, lca408 said:

I recall the complaints about Kodi were more about his recruiting ability and the issues and gaffs he had early on. By the end of his time here, I think he had figured it out.

alot of people assumed that the poor route running here was because of the WR coach (him). in fairness to him, people also thought that about the WR coach that succeeded him 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, lca408 said:

Bingo. 

That said, I learned a lot more about that job while he was here, too. 

32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Well look at that. Supposedly the coach who can't coach wr seems to be wanted by the NFL........

Maybe, just maybe it's stupid to keep saying when a wr drop a ball to go to the ol wr coach can't coach thing that many on here like to do......

Man. It is really so impressive that he fast forwarded from so many years under Gus to this. That's where my surprise comes in. 

• Like 2

To be fair, many coaches were not very good starting out. Just because they became good coaches does not mean they were always a good coach. Kodi was hired as a WR coach at AU because Gus wanted him. He did not have the same offers from anywhere else at that time.  As a young coach, he did struggle at first. But to his credit, he capitalized on the great opportunity that Gus afforded him.

A young coach with great potential works at it and becomes a much better coach . Kudos to Kodi continuing to get better at his craft

Its always good to see an AU player become a coach and excel.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bingo. 

That said, I learned a lot more about that job while he was here, too. 

Man. It is really so impressive that he fast forwarded from so many years under Gus to this. That's where my surprise comes in. 

If he had stayed here there would still be people saying the wr weren't good because of him. I'm glad to see him progressing myself. Luckily coaches aren't hired by the recommendations from message boards! 😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, provibe said:

There were MANY on this forum that constantly complained as to what a terrible wr coach he was

He was a fantastic recruiter!!! He def is missed in that regard. We could use a lot of Kodi Burns strong recruiters on this staff. I dunno why with how putrid and un imaginative a Gus passing attack has always been at Auburn for the most part sans 2017 that a lot of the blame of the WR's fell on Kodi. He def was not the problem. That should of always fell at the common denominator which was the Head Coach.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

He was a fantastic recruiter!!! He def is missed in that regard. We could use a lot of Kodi Burns strong recruiters on this staff. I dunno why with how putrid and un imaginative a Gus passing attack has always been at Auburn for the most part sans 2017 that a lot of the blame of the WR's fell on Kodi. He def was not the problem. That should of always fell at the common denominator which was the Head Coach.

I’ve mentioned this before but how can you not love Kodi Burns. Didn’t work out for him at QB and I think he asked if he could try WR. Busts his tail learning the position and catches his only TD as a WR in the national championship game. Stuff legends are made of.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

What I remember people saying most was that Auburn should not be a place where you learn the ropes.  You should learn that somewhere else and then hone your craft at Auburn.  Basically Kodi was doing his OJT at an SEC school which is a little unusual I believe.  Now he worked hard and got better at both coaching and recruiting while at Auburn.  There were certainly mistakes along the way however.   A valid question does remain though:  should Auburn be a place where a former player (I believe this is the only scenario that will exist) comes in as a position coach without putting in the work either at another school or as an analyst?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, casatiger said:

What I remember people saying most was that Auburn should not be a place where you learn the ropes.  You should learn that somewhere else and then hone your craft at Auburn.  Basically Kodi was doing his OJT at an SEC school which is a little unusual I believe.  Now he worked hard and got better at both coaching and recruiting while at Auburn.  There were certainly mistakes along the way however.   A valid question does remain though:  should Auburn be a place where a former player (I believe this is the only scenario that will exist) comes in as a position coach without putting in the work either at another school or as an analyst?  

Kodi Burns did not start his coaching career at Auburn BTW. He also had two years of position coaching at Samford and MTSU before getting to Auburn. 

• Like 2