MSNBC: 79-Year-Old Great-Grandma Among Those Involved in Ukraine Combat Training...BY NEO NAZIS

DKW 86

7 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yes, I still have thoughts on the guy who was the US President just a a little over a year ago. That is pretty normal. 

You Republicans act like you haven't been obsessed over Hillary Clinton for a decade now and she didn't even win her election.  

You seem to think that Trump wishes he could have helped Hitler exterminate Jews. Just keep telling yourself that you are normal.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, Grumps said:

You seem to think that Trump wishes he could have helped Hitler exterminate Jews. Just keep telling yourself that you are normal.

You're not understanding the point of the cartoon.  

It was a meme making fun of how Trump would rather praise dictators for their aggressive military action than condemn them or realize the broader context of the situation. 

40 minutes ago, homersapien said:

There were no wars in Chamberlain's term either, until there was.

Well, Trump’s ship has sailed and my original statement is true.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You're not understanding the point of the cartoon.  

It was a meme making fun of how Trump would rather praise dictators for their aggressive military action than condemn them or realize the broader context of the situation. 

Trump is an idiot who said that Putin's claim that he is doing a peacekeeping mission in Ukraine is genius vs. saying that he is invading a sovereign country. Trump did not praise Putin's aggressive military action. Thank you for clarifying your intent for sharing the cartoon.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

On 2/23/2022 at 3:44 PM, homersapien said:

Meanwhile, 5,000 miles away, you are whining about our gas prices going up.

Well, the elites are really starting to whine about the Ukraine/Russia war.  I do feel sorry for the elites in this country.

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Grumps said:

QFT   :no:

Seriously???

That's sad.  Grumps, I hope you haven't fallen recently and hit your head.

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, the elites are really starting to whine about the Ukraine/Russia war.  I do feel sorry for the elites in this country.

I hope that someone edited that video to make it look much worse. I can't stand Joy Behar but I can't believe she is that callous and uncaring.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

QFT   :no:

Seriously???

That's sad.  Grumps, I hope you haven't fallen recently and hit your head.

ABC 🦚

I fell but didn't hit my head.

This guy says that he thinks if Trump was POTUS that the U.S. would be supporting Russia in their invasion of Ukraine. That pretty much means that anything is on the table what he thinks Trump will do.

It is classic that Mr. "Legalized Segregation" is calling someone out for possibly exaggerating someone's intent.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

My opinion….Putin has been working and waiting on this moment for a very long time. He wants the USSR revived. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Grumps said:

ABC 🦚

I fell but didn't hit my head.

This guy says that he thinks if Trump was POTUS that the U.S. would be supporting Russia in their invasion of Ukraine. That pretty much means that anything is on the table what he thinks Trump will do.

It is classic that Mr. "Legalized Segregation" is calling someone out for possibly exaggerating someone's intent.

Yeah, "you should be ashamed of yourself".  ;)

But back to topic:

How can you possibly think that believing Trump, as president, would not be supportive of Putin since he is clearly supportive of Putin now?

You think that's "normal"?

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

But back to topic:

How can you possibly think that believing Trump, as president, would not be supportive of Putin since he is clearly supportive of Putin now?

I believe there is a HUGE difference in saying that someone had a really good idea and supporting that person militarily. Maybe you disagree.

In other words, I have not seen where Trump is supporting Putin now and have no reason that he would support Putin in invading Ukraine.

Would you please give a yes or no answer to my question: Do you think that if Trump was POTUS that the U.S. would be assisting Russia in their invasion of Ukraine?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I believe there is a HUGE difference in saying that someone had a really good idea and supporting that person militarily. Maybe you disagree.

In other words, I have not seen where Trump is supporting Putin now and have no reason that he would support Putin in invading Ukraine.

Would you please give a yes or no answer to my question: Do you think that if Trump was POTUS that the U.S. would be assisting Russia in their invasion of Ukraine?

We would not be aiding Ukraine in that situation. 

22 hours ago, Grumps said:

Are you serious????

Of course there's a difference between offering verbal support and offering military support.  (Where in hell did that come from? :dunno:)

And your last sentence - wow!  

Of course Trump would not have offered military support to Putin had he been reelected, even if he wanted to.  Congress, the U.S. military establishment and the American people (well at least most of them) would not allow such a thing. 

It's truly absurd to even think military aid for Russia could possibly happen - even with Trump.  (What a MASSIVE red herring. Again, are you serious???)

The real point is that, obviously, there are many forms of "aid" or support - other than direct military aid. Many are based on simply not politically or strategically opposing Putin's actions.

For example: 

• Not speaking out against Putin, but instead complimenting him
  • Not speaking out on the behalf of supporting a democratic Europe
  • Not providing military or any other type of aid to Ukraine
  • Not rallying NATO to oppose Putin
  • Not sending reinforcements to vulnerable NATO countries
  • Not coordinating with allies to impose sanctions

Based on his current sucking up to Putin as well as his isolationist bent, there certainly reason to believe Trump would behave in such a manner, which would be giving tacit "support" to Putin.

Good grief.  :no:

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:

The real point is that, obviously, there are many forms of "aid" or support - other than direct military aid. Many are based on simply not politically or strategically opposing Putin's actions.

For example: 

• Not speaking out against Putin
  • Not speaking out the behalf of supporting a democratic Europe

You just described China.

China's abstention comes just weeks after Beijing and Moscow declared a "no limits" partnership, backing each other over standoffs on Ukraine and Taiwan with a promise to collaborate more against the West.

https://www.reuters.com/world/russia-vetoes-un-security-action-ukraine-china-abstains-2022-02-25/

• Like 1

Are you serious????

Of course there's a difference between offering verbal support and offering military support.  (Where in hell did that come from? :dunno:)

And your last sentence - wow!  

Of course Trump would not have offered military support to Putin had he been reelected, even if he wanted to.  Congress, the U.S. military establishment and the American people (well at least most of them) would not allow such a thing. 

It's truly absurd to even think military aid for Russia could possibly happen - even with Trump.  (What a MASSIVE red herring. Again, are you serious???)

For example: 

• Not speaking out against Putin
  • Not speaking out the behalf of supporting a democratic Europe

Based on his current sucking up to Putin as well as his isolationist bent, there certainly reason to believe Trump would behave in such a manner, which would be giving tacit "support" to Putin.

Good grief.  :no:

Thank you! It was said on this forum that if Trump was POTUS that the US was being giving aid to Russia. I thought it was stupid and wondered if you agree.

3 hours ago, Grumps said:

Thank you! It was said on this forum that if Trump was POTUS that the US was being giving aid to Russia. I thought it was stupid and wondered if you agree.

I don't remember seeing that. 

The U.S. certainly isn't "giving aid".  Trump however, most certainly is as previously described.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

But back to topic:

You think that's "normal"?

I don’t like Trump, but I’m not sure Trump is “supportive” of Putin, homer. He simply stated what he thought of Putins move. At least it seems that way to me. 🤷

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

I don’t like Trump, but I’m not sure Trump is “supportive” of Putin, homer. He simply stated what he thought of Putins move. At least it seems that way to me. 🤷

Yeah, the Japanese were also very clever - and competent - when they attacked Pearl Harbor, but you don't publicly say that as an ex-U.S. President.  :-\ 

And clearly, Trump was quite pointed about it.  He sounded almost like he was gloating over it.  This is not a good thing for the U.S. or our democratic allies.

You're making this a lot more nuanced than it is. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

You are correct. Still, it was a stupid thing to say. 

• Like 2

Yeah, the Japanese were also very clever - and competent - when they attacked Pearl Harbor, but you don't publicly say that as an ex-U.S. President.  :-\ 

And clearly, Trump was quite pointed about it.  He sounded almost like he was gloating over it.  This is not a good thing for the U.S. or our democratic allies.

You're trying to make this a lot more nuanced than it is. 

Actually, maybe he really was gloating.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-statement-ukraine-crisis-would-never-have-happened-if-president-2022-2

.........Trump released a statement Thursday, saying, "If I were in Office, this deadly Ukraine situation would never have happened!"........

That would be typical.  F **** the country, everything is about him.

Edited by homersapien

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Trump supports anyone who supports him.  Trump is about Trump.  This isn't hard.  You are smart.  STOP pretending you cannot see reality. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, autigeremt said:

It seems obvious to me as well.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, Grumps said:

Sure you did. ;)

16 hours ago, autigeremt said:

When you call Putin a "genius" you are complementing him.

(It is also ignorant, since this is more likely to be the downfall of Putin than not.)

Again, I think you are really straining to make this into something other than Trump supporting Putin.

When you call Putin a "genius" you are complementing him.

(It is also ignorant, since this is more likely to be the downfall of Putin than not.)

Again, I think you are really straining to make this into something other than Trump supporting Putin.

I think you hate more than you try. 

• Dislike 1