Bert Watts leaving for NFL

Maverick.AU

3 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

When trying to save the patient the first thing is to stop the bleeding, but the bleeding continues unabated.  

If by this bleeding you are referring to Watts leaving, how could Harsin stop this? It is literally what almost every position coach in CFB is waiting for. I would also add that many posters are saying this gives them an opening to get a better recruiter.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

If by this bleeding you are referring to Watts leaving, how could Harsin stop this? It is literally what almost every position coach in CFB is waiting for. I would also add that many posters are saying this gives them an opening to get a better recruiter.

Agree. Hard to construe this one as bad even considering the other departures. Especially when up and coming coaches see the upward mobility.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Agree. Hard to construe this one as bad even considering the other departures. Especially when up and coming coaches see the upward mobility.

Killed Rocker for it though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No I'm saying we as in most of the fan base. My bad

I figured.

Also, when I say it's a positive, a big part of what I mean is that we can definitely upgrade over this guy. 

I know folks said all kinds of stuff about Rocker, but I think a lot of that was because we liked him and hoped he would stay. He could've made us better, even though he supposedly didn't love to recruit, either. And of course he's an Auburn guy and Auburn fans don't love anything as much as they love to turn on an Auburn guy as soon as he does something to hurt their feelings. 

But taking a job with the freaking Eagles? Hell no, we shouldn't be mad at him. Just like we shouldn't have been mad at Muschamp for taking the USC gig. And just like we weren't mad at Rich Bisaccia for taking the Raiders gig after only being here a week. (IF his plane ever even touched down in Alabama.)

• Like 1

Let's use this as an opportunity make Trovon ST coach then we get a great recruiter and he gets coaching experience.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 2