Coach Mason

Proud Tiger

3 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

In fact how did this thread get this long? Love him, hate him or anything in between, Mason's gone. He left. Move on.

I think your perception of your reach is greatly embellished

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

Pretty silly to suggest that we shouldn't continue to investigate why our defensive coordinator and best recruiter made a sub-lateral move to get away from what should be one of the best jobs in the country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you don't want to talk about Mason here is what you should do.....you look at all the threads right? Well out of the oh so many different conversations that are being had on this forum, you should probably not click on the one that is titled Mason.

Now by doing this you don't have to read stuff about Mason, and the other people that decided they did want to read it don't have to listen to you whine about reading stuff about Mason!

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If you don't want to talk about Mason here is what you should do.....you look at all the threads right? Well out of the oh so many different conversations that are being had on this forum, you should probably not click on the one that is titled Mason.

Now by doing this you don't have to read stuff about Mason, and the other people that decided they did want to read it don't have to listen to you whine about reading stuff about Mason!

There's not much worse than the "stop talking about an Auburn football topic on an Auburn message board" type of post. And we get one on every single thread that is more than a couple pages. 

• Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Man we have to stop all the nothing matters and then after the fact asking why can't we compete with bammer and uga? 

I use the trusdale and newkirk examples all the time. What you get a bunch from here is they weren't as good when they played.....ok but they were good enough to give a guy a break. That's very important. You have those two guys against miss st it makes a world of difference. Everything from who knows when guys can catch their breath how good they may perform to the coaches can call a different game now. But you have to see beyond

Thank You!

We missed several guys that transferred after the former staff was fired on offense and defense.  They were missed, period.

We will miss several guys that transferred out after last season.  They will be missed, period.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Since we taking bout Mason, why did he Leave? Anyone know other than guesses?

I don't think it's a guess to say that he wanted to keep coaching but very much did not want to keep doing it at Auburn. 

Beyond that, no, nobody has shared specifics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Harsin implied Mason lied to him 

I believe the implication was that Mason wasn’t completely transparent about his reason for leaving, rather than that being the reason itself.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't think it's a guess to say that he wanted to keep coaching but very much did not want to keep doing it at Auburn. 

But he left on his own accord?

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

But he left on his own accord?

It's all guesses, but clearly personality and possibly philosophical differences. Other theories I've seen is that he was upset about how NIL and player discipline were handled. Another is that he was in a power struggle with Schmedding and was possibly starting to lose (Jeff getting more say so). 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Of all the staff turnover, Mason bothers me the most, as basically none of the implications are good.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You know you can edit your posts, you don’t have to quote them to add more to your original thought. 

Yeah, sometimes I forget. Anyway, not losing sleep over Mason. Wasn't crazy about some of his schemes, regardless of talent level or depth he had

Edited by NWALA Tiger

15 minutes ago, au302 said:

It's all guesses, but clearly personality and possibly philosophical differences. Other theories I've seen is that he was upset about how NIL and player discipline were handled. Another is that he was in a power struggle with Schmedding and was possibly starting to lose (Jeff getting more say so). 

All good possibilities 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

@cole256, you got a fan club haha. It is always must read stuff when you post brother lol

So much passive aggression aimed at me lol, how can you be that intense and passive aggressive at the same time lol. How can you not like somebody but talk to them, react to all the posts and all of that? 

If you are going to do all of that we might as well be friends 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Pretty silly to suggest that we shouldn't continue to investigate why our defensive coordinator and best recruiter made a sub-lateral move to get away from what should be one of the best jobs in the country. 

Best recruiter?

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I guess I am misinformed. How long that investigation been going on? I’ve heard comments(I assumed opinions but maybe they were actual facts about why).