Coach Mason

Proud Tiger

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

What about individuals who miss obvious sarcasm? What consequence should be levy against them ? 

Bring it on. I can take sarcasm to such a level that what I missed will seem trivial by comparison. If toward you, you might not even know it’s happening. Meanwhile  I hear there’s auditions for Real Daddys of Dothan next week if you’re interested.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U feel the same about the offensive side as well? All the points u making could apply to that side as well. It was the 1st year for everybody... not just Mason

BTW... I think losing Nick Eason is a much bigger blow than losing Mason 

I already explained the difference between offense and defense. I actually explained a bunch but you feel the way you feel so ok 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I already explained the difference between offense and defense. I actually explained a bunch but you feel the way you feel so ok 

Yep. Enjoy your Super Bowl Sunday

9 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

Way to double down Mr. Name Caller. You just called AU’s head football coach a racist. You think Tank Or Bo Jackson think he’s racist? You don’t know Bo gave a motivational speech to Harsin’s Boise team after a 12 win season in 2019? Would he do that for a racist?
You don’t deserve to be an Auburn fan, and you damn sure wouldn’t go into that locker room and call the head coach a racist. 

By the way the former Ark. State AD has confirmed that hack reporting was fake. You’re not keeping up. 

Sarcasm. It’s a gift that some people don’t get🤣

So like I was saying it's like a bunch of people in our fan base didn't realize we went from a 4 -3 to a 3-4 defense without any d linemen. What Mason did using this patch work defense was amazing in itself

• Like 6

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Actually, the AD only refuted that he would have been fired.  Many other journalists have written that he was not liked at all and that his arrogant hostile demeanor was a problem. Heck, a Boise State writer even confirmed those things on Finebaum last week.

That Boise State writer sounded just like some of the insiders here. “They’d never put it in writing or say it in public, but a lot of people up here are happy to see what’s happening to Coach Harsin.” Wtf? He is that hated by so many but the vast majority of them are afraid to openly say it? It’s like he dabbles as a mob boss on the side. 

12 minutes ago, Auburn02 said:

That Boise State writer sounded just like some of the insiders here. “They’d never put it in writing or say it in public, but a lot of people up here are happy to see what’s happening to Coach Harsin.” Wtf? He is that hated by so many but the vast majority of them are afraid to openly say it? It’s like he dabbles as a mob boss on the side. 

Ha, Mormons are a lot like Baptists in that respect.  Bless their hearts....

People hated Saban and it took years for media to understand his personality.  Not saying their the same but if Saban would have failed at bama there would have been some happy people

5 minutes ago, lala said:

People hated Saban and it took years for media to understand his personality.  Not saying their the same but if Saban would have failed at bama there would have been some happy people

Here we go with the Saban similarities again. Good lord, Saban had and still has a track record of winning and winning championships he earned that right, Harsin has not. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Here we go with the Saban similarities again. Good lord, Saban had a track record of winning and winning championships he earned that right, Harsin has not. 

Not till he got to LSU.. early in his career , kinda  medicore..

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Here we go with the Saban similarities again. Good lord, Saban had and still has a track record of winning and winning championships he earned that right, Harsin has not. 

I’m referencing the comment about Boise media hating Harsin, not about success.    Apples and Oranges.  

U get a pass once u start winning, but Sabanwould have been crucified if he didn’t coming off the Miami disaster!

None of us know everything, but I have to feel like us Auburn fans can do better comparisons than Pat Dye, an anomalous hire and the best Auburn coach ever, or Nick Saban, the best head coach in the history of the sport 

99% of Harsin comparisons involve these two and I wish they wouldn’t 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

None of us know everything, but I have to feel like us Auburn fans can do better comparisons than Pat Dye, an anomalous hire and the best Auburn coach ever, or Nick Saban, the best head coach in the history of the sport 

Yeah, why in the hell hasn't anybody mentioned Bryant?  The guys left on our roster may be our version of the Junction Boys.  

Probably not what you were looking for though.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The best comparison I’ve seen was Moorhead at Mississippi State.

Guy from the North, coached there his whole career at small schools, spent one year as an OC at a P5, then canned after 2 mediocre years at MSU for not being the right fit and locker room issues.

Edited by AUght2win
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

So like I was saying it's like a bunch of people in our fan base didn't realize we went from a 4 -3 to a 3-4 defense without any d linemen. What Mason did using this patch work defense was amazing in itself

Having some understanding of the difficulty of tranisitoning from the 4-3 to 3-4 base defense, I'll say I thought we could have been better.

Fewer "true" DL's needed for the 3 man front, as I understand it, more NFL teams have gone to the 3-4 because of that (more and better LB's)....no?  My issue was Mason's overwhelming propensity NOT to blitz AND to employ a soft zone coverage in passing situations.  Ultimately, I think the thing that had Auburn people pulling their hair out is how different we looked versus Will Rogers and Bryce Young.  Especially after so many years of good to very good press man coverage during the Steele tenure.  What would you say was the break down in the second half versus MSU and why didn't he bring pressure from the LB's, CB's and Safeties?  Full disclosure, I waa DT in a four man front in high school (1980 4A Alabama state champs), so I have limited practical knowledge of the passing game defense from a coverage standpoint.

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Wasn’t in top 25 for 2022, not sure before AU.

AU will be fine on the defensive side.. Wasn't totally sold on Mason. Had some good moments and some head scratcher moments as well..

11 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Was Mason a good recruiter?

He was the reason we had our recruiting class as high as it was for this past cycle.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not till he got to LSU.. early in his career , kinda  medicore..

Did you even pay attention to him till he got to LSU? I bet not so you don't know how he was to the media until he got there. 

Also, he has coached under some great coaches too who probably had a bit of edge to them because well they won and had every right too. 

I hate the fact you got me defending Saban, I hate him as a coach. 🤣  He has earned the right to be any way he wants to the media though, even thought he isn't even that bad to them like some people claim.

Also he still goes to functions and still actually shows up to highschools to recruit and other stuff the HC is supposed to do. Harsin didnt start visiting HS till last month, that alone is enough to say he hasn't earned the right to act anyway he wants to to the media, you have to build those relationships up. 

7 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Did you even pay attention to him till he got to LSU? I bet not so you don't know how he was to the media until he got there. 

Also, he has coached under some great coaches too who probably had a bit of edge to them because well they won and had every right too. 

I hate the fact you got me defending Saban, I hate him as a coach. 🤣  He has earned the right to be any way he wants to the media though, even thought he isn't even that bad to them like some people claim.

Also he still goes to functions and still actually shows up to highschools to recruit and other stuff the HC is supposed to do. Harsin didnt start visiting HS till last month, that alone is enough to say he hasn't earned the right to act anyway he wants to to the media, you have to build those relationships up. 

No idea the point you're arguing.  My Point is, yes Saban won a natty at LSU.. He still averaged 3 loses a year at LSU and 4.5 losses at his previous stops. His career really took off when he got hooked up with the REC at Bama