New Reality of the Situation

AUght2win

Just now, W.E.D said:

Yeah I've seen it.

Also of note, Zakoby deleted his post supporting Harsin after this IG live

Honestly, if I was him I wouldn't be doing ANY of this Live stuff or posting for or against Harsin.  McClain and McCreary just need to put their heads down and focus on getting that bag in the NFL.  NFL coaches/front offices don't like social media stuff like this and they definitely factor it into their interviews and decisions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

Honestly, if I was him I wouldn't be doing ANY of this Live stuff or posting for or against Harsin.  McClain and McCreary just need to put their heads down and focus on getting that bag in the NFL.  NFL coaches/front offices don't like social media stuff like this and they definitely factor it into their interviews and decisions.

Don't really disagree. 

Also, watching that video...these guys don't complain about it being too hard or unfair standards or anything like that. It's purely relational or lack their of.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Since no real evidence of an affair and assuming after investigating there is no evidence of an affair. If this is a true investigation then anybody associated with the fabrication if working for Auburn should be fired and if involved with Auburn in any capacity including as a Donor should no longer be allowed at Auburn in any way going forward. To push something like this if not true does damage to the coach his family and the whole University.

This investigation by the university doesn’t appear to have anything to do with affair rumors.  

I think that is just crap that got stirred up on message boards and now its become the singular focus of the fans but for the university there are other issues they apparently are looking into. 

48 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I kinda agree. I think we're headed towards a mutual buyout of sorts. No fault type thing and chaulk it up to a bad marriage. 

Limit damage to either side.

I haven't seen anyone make any specific allegations yet. I guess we'll eventually know bc Auburn is a public institution and can't lock it away

There is no way that works for Harsin IMO. The only way he comes out of this is to continue to coach here. If he is truly not guilty of “for cause” type stuff, he should back sue. If not he comes off looking like the Hawaii coach. Even Leach suffered.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Don't really disagree. 

Also, watching that video...these guys don't complain about it being too hard or unfair standards or anything like that. It's purely relational or lack their of.

I agree.  It just holds major weight for me the things they are saying about him as strictly a football coach.  My predictions about his strict ability have been validated.

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

This investigation by the university doesn’t appear to have anything to do with affair rumors.  

I think that is just crap that got stirred up on message boards and now its become the singular focus of the fans but for the university there are other issues they apparently are looking into. 

I'd love to have access to the investigation documents so I could breakdown potential legal implications.  Won't ever happen.  Though, it'd be crazy cool to get into sports law from all of this blowing up.

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

There is no way that works for Harsin IMO. The only way he comes out of this is to continue to coach here. If he is truly not guilty of “for cause” type stuff, he should back sue. If not he comes off looking like the Hawaii coach. Even Leach suffered.

If he is fired for cause and there isn't a legitimate reason that meets the high standards outlined in the K, he would be a fool not to sue for wrongful termination.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Leach and Harrell both deserved it.

We'll have to see the outcome of the allegations 

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

That's what I don't get......why people are trying to make Harsin out to be some some kind of martyr. He has done a very,very bad job and created a disaster. He is not the kind of guy who can salvage this situation. 

we have former players saying he is on the level of Saban when it comes to the actual football coaching.  Just needs to be more personable.  This stuff 100% backs up what those of us that really know the game, have been saying for months about his straight ability to Coach.

I’m reading through these threads wondering if we fire Harsin what our next coaching search will look like. I Hope the decision makers are working through the same scenario. The candidate pool will be, shall we say, very limited. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

Leach and Harrell both deserved it.

We'll have to see the outcome of the allegations 

I agree Leach did (familiar with those specifics), not sure of Harrell but he left probably will never work again. If Harsin committed “for cause”, he will go no doubt and deserves it if he did.

4 minutes ago, Didba said:

we have former players saying he is on the level of Saban when it comes to the actual football coaching.  Just needs to be more personable.  This stuff 100% backs up what those of us that really know the game, have been saying for months about his straight ability to Coach.

How do those if you that really know the game think Harsin can be Nick Saban when he cant convince players to come here?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CR said:

How do those if you that really know the game think Harsin can be Nick Saban when he cant convince players to come here?

I think the comments are meant to imply actual on field coaching ability rather than recruiting prowess.

• Like 1

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I think the comments are meant to imply actual on field coaching ability rather than recruiting prowess.

But Sabans not Saban without the talent he has on his team. Thats the biggest part of his success.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CR said:

But Sabans not Saban without the talent he has on his team. Thats the biggest part of his success.

I don’t believe the players put that much thought into the comments. They were implying he is fine in the coaching part, negative is individual interactions. I agree though that Saban isn’t Saban with out the recruiting.

Edited by Hank2020

17 minutes ago, Didba said:

He needs both tho.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CR said:

I never said he could be Nick Saban, that was the former AU players. All I've ever opined to is Harsin's scheme and the program building culture he has brought here regarding killing player entitlement and creating mental toughness. I have zero experience with CFB recruiting so I don't opine to that.

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t believe the players put that much thought into the comments. They were implying he is fine in the coaching part, negative is individual interactions. I agree though that Savannah isn’t Savannah with out the recruiting.

We need to start calling Saban Savannah lol

7 minutes ago, CR said:

There are probably a lot of Saban-wannabes out there. I can't blame them, he is successful. However, the recipe can turn out a lot of bad actors though.

32 minutes ago, Didba said:

I understand what they are trying to say but how do they know that. None of them have played for Saban. To date his accomplishments are no where near Sabans. Respectfully 

Edited by e808
  • Like 2

Remember Norman Dale, tough, stay with the process...they wanted to run him out of town and they end up winning the state title....

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

I took a look at Boise States roster.  There are 24 players from Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Utah on the roster, most all of them are walk ons.  There are over 34 Californians and 14 Texans.  There are several guys from Georgia and Florida.  Guys from Baltimore, Flint, Phoenix, etc.  I don't think he spent much time recruiting the Northwest at all.  

Many of the Cali kids are northwest kids.

1 hour ago, AEAugirl said:

At this point any investigation would need to look into both what the players said and the rumor of an affair and or it would not be a complete investigation. IO stand by what I said if the rumor is false and they can confirm the person or persons behind it. That rumor hurts the coach his family and the University.  Without doing a complete investigation it looks like a witch hunt and the if they don't have great ammunition to terminate with cause they would get sued and pay out a lot more than what is owed on his contract,

• Like 1