New Reality of the Situation

AUght2win

7 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

I think I'm most alarmed at Auburn people jumping ship with nothing more than inuendo, gossip and reports from historically dicey sources doing their thing. 

There is no way around Derek Mason leaving for a paycut at a lateral job at a worse school in a crumbling conference.

It's totally without precedent. If you can find another example of a well respected coach AND man, or any coach really, making a move like that let me know. 

That isn't innuendo. It's a terribly disturbing red flag.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

There is no way around Derek Mason leaving for a paycut at a lateral job at a worse school in a crumbling conference.

It's totally without precedent. If you can find another example of a well respected coach AND man, or any coach really, making a move like that let me know. 

That isn't innuendo. It's a terribly disturbing red 

"Well respected" is a publicity concept. Mason made some epic adjustments this season but was correctly berated on this board and in general media for some truly bizarre and (but for his ability to adjust) terrible defensive gameplans this year. He also oversaw epic collapses against miss st, UGa and Ga state. Popular thinking seems to dismiss the idea that he may have been  concerned about job security. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It's not an either or. Bad vs good. It's maybe our coach was an a$$ and was not a good fit. And maybe, just maybe, if our money guys and fans, would spend as much money and passion in supporting a coach, instead of trying to fire them and pay them millions not to coach, we could be a consistent threat in the SEC west. According to what most have said here, it's only money, as in the NIL, that matters to recruits now. Soon, AU will be paying 40+ million dollars to pay coaches not to coach. That would buy a ton of players, using Texas A&M as a marker. Or maybe we'll be too broke, cause we're busy paying all the folks we all wanted fired?

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

"Well respected" is a publicity concept. Mason made some epic adjustments this season but was correctly berated on this board and in general media for some truly bizarre and (but for his ability to adjust) terrible defensive gameplans this year. He also oversaw epic collapses against miss st, UGa and Ga state. Popular thinking seems to dismiss the idea that he may have been  concerned about job security. 

See, that's just so wildly uninformed. Mason was the hottest DC prospect on the market BY FAR, pursued by teams like LSU and recently like TAMU. 

Job security?! The guy is going to be a head coach again in very short order if he wants to be. He isn't scared of getting canned from anywhere.

And lastly, if you're going to blast him for the first half of GSU missing both linebackers, you have to at least credit him for a historically good IB performance against the Heisman winner and the #2 team in the country.

• Like 1

Just now, AUght2win said:

See, that's just so wildly uninformed. Mason was the hottest DC prospect on the market BY FAR, pursued by teams like LSU and recently like TAMU. 

Job security?! The guy is going to be a head coach again in very short order if he wants to be. He isn't scared of getting canned from anywhere.

And lastly, if you're going to blast him for the first half of GSU missing both linebackers, you have to at least credit him for a historically good IB performance against the Heisman winner and the #2 team in the 

Derek Mason's defense gave up the largest lead for a loss in Auburn HISTORY (miss st game). In virtually every other game his D was mediocre at best. True, he has fanboys that call him a hot prospect. Guess that's why he settled for a drop in salary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JuscAUse! said:

It's not an either or. Bad vs good. It's maybe our coach was an a$$ and was not a good fit. And maybe, just maybe, if our money guys and fans, would spend as much money and passion in supporting a coach, instead of trying to fire them and pay them millions not to coach, we could be a consistent threat in the SEC west. According to what most have said here, it's only money, as in the NIL, that matters to recruits now. Soon, AU will be paying 40+ million dollars to pay coaches not to coach. That would buy a ton of players, using Texas A&M as a marker. Or maybe we'll be too broke, cause we're busy paying all the folks we all wanted fired?

To me, it's kind of an either-or.

If you can find me anything similar to Mason leaving, let me know. All signs point to serious dysfunction totally independent of meddling boosters.

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Derek Mason's defense gave up the largest lead for a loss in Auburn HISTORY (miss st game). In virtually every other game his D was mediocre at best. True, he has fanboys that call him a hot prospect. Guess that's why he settled for a drop in salary.

Nah. You just are speaking out of your depth.

0 TDs allowed in College Station. 0 TDs to the Heisman winner and #2 team for 59 and a half minutes. Held Lane Kiffin and Matt Corral to a regular season low of 20 points. Held Dana Holgerson's offense to 17. 27th in the country in scoring defense. 

There is no logical argument to say Derek Mason is a bad coach besides one game. And even in that game, if you understand football, you realize that that collapse was aided by continual 3 and outs from our offense. 

Edited by AUght2win
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

That large lead he lost is also on the offense.  We were extremely thin along the defense and in the 2nd half we went 3 and out on every drive up until that TD drive but by then it was too late.  We were getting better defensively the 2nd half of the season as the team was catching on to his schemes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I can’t get it to copy, but there’s an article out there where Mason stated the reason he is leaving, is because he didn’t like the way Harsin treated his players. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I can’t get it to copy, but there’s an article out there where Mason stated the reason he is leaving, is because he didn’t like the way Harsin dealt with players. 

4044CFF9-4EAC-4377-BFF7-EBDC615FA7DB.jpeg

Edited by AU-24

7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

To me, it's kind of an either-or.

If you can find me anything similar to Mason leaving, let me know. All signs point to serious dysfunction totally independent of meddling boosters.

AU hired Harsin and gave Gus a ridiculous buy out. All I'm saying is that if the same amount of money and effort were dedicated to supporting a coach, whoever he is, especially with NIL, we'd be a lot better off. Just my opinion. 

On 2/9/2022 at 11:04 PM, autiger88 said:

Have you been here this past three days? Like all that stuff you said can be disproven. 🤣

True I dont live on these boards like some but have been on it since its inception. Not certain what I posted that has been disproven? That some boosters meddle with AU Sports, in this case football? That Yella Fella and his offspring waddle down the sidelines back and forth from their box? That Mason really wasn't that great a coach? 

I am glad Harsin is back. Now to hope for an AD like Greene that will control the boosters who feel entitled to control our coaches and admin staff. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Didn’t know where else to post this, but I woke up this morning and thought, man I love Auburn.  It’s a wonderful place.  Loved my time there, got a good degree, enjoy going back to visit, love all the sports.  We look pretty stupid sometimes with the things we do, but I still believe we are an SEC power across the board (even football).  Sounds cliché but I believe in Auburn and love it. 
WAR DAMN EAGLE!  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Barkchevious said:

Didn’t know where else to post this, but I woke up this morning and thought, man I love Auburn.  It’s a wonderful place.  Loved my time there, got a good degree, enjoy going back to visit, love all the sports.  We look pretty stupid sometimes with the things we do, but I still believe we are an SEC power across the board (even football).  Sounds cliché but I believe in Auburn and love it. 
WAR DAMN EAGLE!  

If everyone can’t agree on this shame on them.

Derek Masons D reminds me of the bama basketball team this year. They have some extraordinary performances and then some games where they have no idea WTF is going on. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Derek Masons D reminds me of the bama basketball team this year. They have some extraordinary performances and then some games where they have no idea WTF is going on. 

I have to agree on this for sure.

On 2/7/2022 at 9:55 AM, AUght2win said:

You're a liar. And a punk for not owning up to it. I'm serious, I've seen a lot of posters, but a guy who lies, mocks people who actually look up the subject matter, and then STILL triples down - you are the height of jackassery. 

Making yerself look real, real bad...Keyboard Warrior for sure yessir. I’m more than a poster. 

Dropped back in just to let you know ain’t goin nowhere. Been fun watching all the whining from the Harsin detractors before and after he’s been retained. Looking forward to reading the gossip and speculation about new OC. Don’t forget to check that Idaho Statesman article about 6-3 record vs top 10!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

Making yerself look real, real bad...Keyboard Warrior for sure yessir. I’m more than a poster. 

Dropped back in just to let you know ain’t goin nowhere. Been fun watching all the whining from the Harsin detractors before and after he’s been retained. Looking forward to reading the gossip and speculation about new OC. Don’t forget to check that Idaho Statesman article about 6-3 record vs top 10!

I did! It wasn’t correct! 😁