New Reality of the Situation

AUght2win

1 hour ago, Kentucky Tiger said:

Hey Taco, my computer is spazzing out on replying directly so here's my reply.

Demographically, I live in Louisville where I work as a drug counselor. My dad was born in Covington, but abandoned at birth so he was adopted into a New York family.

1) I'm not saying Harsin is the good guy. I'm not saying he's the devil either. I'm just saying give him a year to make or break with those guys who will go to war for him. If he blows things up , fine get rid of him based on performance , . If you bring in some old mediocrity like Kevin Steele, the season will be a disaster anyways.

2) I don't like arrogant rich people much. Maybe my bias gets in the way of sound analysis, but your defense of the powers that be looks like a bunch of guys that own a professional sports team, my way or the highway. Really?

3) The other thing drives me to distraction is the sports media (network, blogs, podcasts, You Tube channels, whatever (exception- I watched the War Rapport and thought those guys were fair and astute) I watched some obese nerd on CBS Sportsline smugly condemning both Harsin and Auburn and my thought was "boy you ain't never strapped them on, what the hell do you know?"

4) The endless drama is appalling in my opinion and has to end . It feels like "Groundhog Day" It's the same year every couple of years.

I’m ok with giving sine one time if they show sine steady improvement. That is my whole point with Harsin. No one said it would be easy, but I did expect some sense of improvement. But to beat better teams early in the year and lose to worse teams at the end of the year and have this many players ( many of them good players) walk away at the end of the year, does not show me any improvement. Not in the slightest. But fir the record I’m hearing it’s about to be over with and we won’t have to talk about it anymore . 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 1:13 PM, AUght2win said:

None of that constitutes firing for cause. He can be a horrible coach but it doesn't mean he is guilty of voiding his contract.

He is going to leave either fired or by choice . His final mistake will be his reply to the media after the story broke. I’m sure his contract restricts what he can and cannot reply to. Just saying. 

If Harsin leaves, for settlement he will be required to sign a non-disclosure . Which is unfortunate as I would like the actions of the BOT, Boosters, the General et al exposed. But eventually everything will come out . Harsin leaves with a bag of money and will be back coaching in a year or two. No win situation for Auburn. 

Harsin stays, the program gets cleaned up. The dark side withdraws and better people will take their place. Auburn has plenty of boosters who can write a check. But they let the Yella Man with the ego spend his money. I liken this to Trump rocking the boat and exposing the swamp. His methods cost him the election. This may be the same fate for Harsin. 

Edited by Builder
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 4

16 hours ago, Taco said:

Can Auburn come back from this? No doubt. 

Absolutely!!!!   The sun will shine on the loveliest village on the plains again!   However, I am afraid it’s going to take a minimum of 3-5 years.  Our dumpster fire of a situation combined with our schedule, recruiting foes, etc. means we’ve got a very steep hill to climb!   It will happen, but it will take time.   And I’m 99% sure CBH won’t be here to see it happen.   He just has an extremely short leash.   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Absolutely!!!!   The sun will shine on the loveliest village on the plains again!   However, I am afraid it’s going to take a minimum of 3-5 years.  Our dumpster fire of a situation combined with our schedule, recruiting foes, etc. means we’ve got a very steep hill to climb!   It will happen, but it will take time.   And I’m 99% sure CBH won’t be here to see it happen.   He just has an extremely short leash.   

Nah. NIL and the transfer portal is a hell of a tool.

8 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

If you're one of the fans who would riot if we stopped playing DSOR annually, you don't get the right to complain about our schedule.

Edited by AUwent

16 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Only if a good coach is hired and allowed to do his job. Now throw in the Nil stuff. We might keep being a flash in the pan program until this happens. Lucky one year then a 6 win team the next.

Edited by wildlife alumni

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

If you're one of the fans who would riot if we stopped playing DSOR annually, you don't get the right to complain about our schedule.

I’m not interested in rioting or complaining.   Just stating we have a very steep hill to climb and we are way behind our competition!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

I’m not interested in rioting or complaining.   Just stating we have a very steep hill to climb and we are way behind our competition!

Ok. I've just seen people complain that we wouldn't be playing the leg humpers every year with the 4 pod proposal. As someone who is sick to death of having to play the toughest or at least third toughest schedule in the league and by extension nation every year, I'm all for it.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Just so wrong on so many levels. But let's break it down.

First off, Tubberville was 15-14 at Auburn against top 10 teams. So there's point #1 debunked.

Secondly, Boise has not beaten a top 10 team since 2009. They have only been D1 for less than 30 years are 3-3 ALL TIME as a program against top 10 teams.

Finally, let's look at Harsin's record as HC against ranked and top 10 teams at Boise.

- In 2020 he played #9 BYU and #24 San Jose State. Lost to both.

- In 2019 Boise did not face a single ranked opponent. 

- In 2018 Boise did not face any top 10 teams, and went 2-2 vs. Ranked teams. 

- In 2017, no top 10, 2-1 vs. Ranked.

- In 2016, no ranked opponents. 

- In 2015, no ranked opponents.

- In 2014, no top 10 opponents, 1-1 vs. Ranked teams. 

Harsin at Boise was 0-1 vs. Top 10 teams and 5-6 vs. ranked teams. So everything you posted was intentionally a lie or just wildly ignorant. 

So much research and you failed to discover that Boise’s record against teams ranked in the top 10 is 6 wins, 3 losses.

I’m not going to do your research for you Keyboard Ken. Simple Google search and click on the headline Boise vs top 10, and you’ll see the pop up for Idaho Statesman that you have to pay to subscribe to, to read the details.  

Also, per my prior post and now this final one on this subject, my commentary has been about the Boise program in general, when Harsin was there and at times when he wasn’t. Yes he completely missed my point regarding the general excellence of the program, spanning the times that Harsin was a player, assistant, and head coach. After he took over for Peterson, over 7 seasons, they won 10 games twice, 11 once, and 12 twice. The man can flat out coach, and recruit as well because he’s done it for a long time. Sadly JABA has probably screwed up the chance for him to do it here. 

Also don’t be calling people you don’t know liars unless you want to make yourself look really bad. Your welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

I’m not going to do your research for you Keyboard Ken. Simple Google search and click on the headline Boise vs top 10, and you’ll see the pop up for Idaho Statesman that you have to pay to subscribe to, to read the details.  

Also, per my prior post and now this final one on this subject, my commentary has been about the Boise program in general, when Harsin was there and at times when he wasn’t. Yes he completely missed my point regarding the general excellence of the program, spanning the times that Harsin was a player, assistant, and head coach. After he took over for Peterson, over 7 seasons, they won 10 games twice, 11 once, and 12 twice. The man can flat out coach, and recruit as well because he’s done it for a long time. Sadly JABA has probably screwed up the chance for him to do it here. 

Also don’t be calling people you don’t know liars unless you want to make yourself look really bad. Your welcome.

You're a liar. And a punk for not owning up to it. I'm serious, I've seen a lot of posters, but a guy who lies, mocks people who actually look up the subject matter, and then STILL triples down - you are the height of jackassery. 

19 hours ago, AUinMS9528 said:

3-5 years is a horror for some of us old timers. Just glad I was able to attend both championships in 2010 snd 2013….although the outcome of 2013 was a smack in the face🙃

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

The man can flat out coach, and recruit as well because he’s done it for a long time.

If he can, it's yet to materialize at Auburn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

You're a liar. And a punk for not owning up to it. I'm serious, I've seen a lot of posters, but a guy who lies, mocks people who actually look up the subject matter, and then STILL triples down - you are the height of jackassery. 

Is that a real term? I think you have made up a new malady. lol

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2022 at 11:47 AM, AUinMS9528 said:

If Harsin survives this and manages to change the AU football culture for good, he will be on the same level as Superman, Captain America, Chuck Norris, and Wade Christopher!!!!   It would take the greatest miracle in AU sports history, which is full of miracles!

Wade Christopher?!?

Such heresy!

On 2/5/2022 at 4:37 PM, CR said:

How do those if you that really know the game think Harsin can be Nick Saban when he cant convince players to come here?

Saban had 100% the support $$$$$$$ of the top big money booster help to recruit from day ONE and they were ALL on the same page. Auburn clearly has boosters working to remove Harsin, with the help of AU media people being their mouthpiece, and against AU's best interest.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AUght2win said:

6-3 vs top 10 ranked teams.
First rule of holes: when you’re in one quit digging- or I guess revert to name calling.
Look at the body of work of the Boise program was my point. Impressive program, both when Harsin was there, and not.

Maybe you’ll get help for your emotional outbursts  and maybe not. If the latter, life gonna bite you bad one day. 

On 2/6/2022 at 3:29 PM, Builder said:

Which is unfortunate as I would like the actions of the BOT, Boosters, the General et al exposed.

You have no knowledge that any of those people had anything to do with Harsin's trouble. People who give large sums of money and time to AU do not go around trying to sabotage the school.

On 2/6/2022 at 3:29 PM, Builder said:

Harsin stays, the program gets cleaned up.

How, exactly? His recruiting has been a failure. He's alienated the area high school coaches. He's mis-managed the transfer portal so that we have brought in five and lost 21. He's riding a five game losing streak and two of those losses were to clearly inferior teams. He's hired people that he's already had to fire, and his best hire (Mason) took a $400,000 a year pay cut to get away from him. Many of those players who left weren't dead heads. Some of our more promising young athletes abandoned ship. If Harsin stays, I don't see how he manages a 5-7 record next year. 4-8 is more likely and that includes three gimme games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarEagleT said:

6-3 vs top 10 ranked teams.
First rule of holes: when you’re in one quit digging- or I guess revert to name calling.
Look at the body of work of the Boise program was my point. Impressive program, both when Harsin was there, and not.

Maybe you’ll get help for your emotional outbursts  and maybe not. If the latter, life gonna bite you bad one day. 

Name them.

15 hours ago, keywest said:

Saban had 100% the support $$$$$$$ of the top big money booster help to recruit from day ONE and they were ALL on the same page. Auburn clearly has boosters working to remove Harsin, with the help of AU media people being their mouthpiece, and against AU's best interest.

Really that's your stance? When you don't even know the whole story? I bet you are one of the ones who signed the petition for Harsin to stay aren't you?

Guest MustardSeed
34 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Really that's your stance? When you don't even know the whole story? I bet you are one of the ones who signed the petition for Harsin to stay aren't you?

Share the WHOLE story then…..